833 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Good morning all! I have slept like a baby last night! I can't remember when was the last time I've slept so good!

Thanks everybody for your wishes! I will keep on sending good vibes for all of you and I wish you all the best in the world! You've made my journey so much easier!

Musho, I have taken with me all the documents refered to in the instructions page received from the embassy. I don't know if the instructions are the same for everybody. It was very important to have the originals of the most important documents - birth certificate, divorce decrees (both mine and his), criminal record. There was this girl who didn't bring the original of her american fiance's divorce decree so she was rescheduled for a later time (she was asked to call again and reschedule her interview when she has the document in hand). That was so sad! Also, to make sure they won't send me back to get God knows what I took every document and/or copy of documents - including those already included in the petition. I didn't need any though.

At the end of the interview they treated me like I was one of theirs. That was nice!

I will be leaving on December 17th. My port of entry will be Memphis, TN. I will keep you posted and I will keep on being here with you. The journey is far from over and over the last months I have come to know and care for all of you. It may sound corny but it's true. :secret:

Hugs and kisses to all,

Ileana

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Krishna Murti

"It is necessary for us to learn from others' mistakes. You will not live

long enough to make them all yourself." Admiral Hyman Rickover

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Good morning all! I have slept like a baby last night! I can't remember when was the last time I've slept so good!

Thanks everybody for your wishes! I will keep on sending good vibes for all of you and I wish you all the best in the world! You've made my journey so much easier!

Musho, I have taken with me all the documents refered to in the instructions page received from the embassy. I don't know if the instructions are the same for everybody. It was very important to have the originals of the most important documents - birth certificate, divorce decrees (both mine and his), criminal record. There was this girl who didn't bring the original of her american fiance's divorce decree so she was rescheduled for a later time (she was asked to call again and reschedule her interview when she has the document in hand). That was so sad! Also, to make sure they won't send me back to get God knows what I took every document and/or copy of documents - including those already included in the petition. I didn't need any though.

At the end of the interview they treated me like I was one of theirs. That was nice!

I will be leaving on December 17th. My port of entry will be Memphis, TN. I will keep you posted and I will keep on being here with you. The journey is far from over and over the last months I have come to know and care for all of you. It may sound corny but it's true. :secret:

Hugs and kisses to all,

Ileana

Ileana,

Glad you are feeling exicted .. This is a good sign :)

I am sure there are other bumps in the overall process. I decided not to worry so much at this point since I cannot do anything with a consulate that does not answer emails or calls.

I would treat next week as a week to give thanks to everything that happen as good or bad in this year..

I must be thankful not only for having my fiance here for the holiday but for all family anf friends ( Online as well).

Eat lots of Bar-B-Q and it should be nice time in TN.

Regards

Batta

" She's my kind of rain"

Hugs and kisses to all,

Ileana

Hi guys. Thats so sweet of you. We feel the same. Don't know how we would have got this far without you all. Glad you finally had a good nights sleep Ileana! Now you can RELAAAAX! Ahh! Once again, CONGRATS! :D:D:D We are soooooo happy for you both and glad that your interview went smoothly!!! Its so exciting that you will be going home on December 17th. I always refer to NJ as home now cos thats where my heart is (L):D Please keep us all informed as to how you get on (POE, Social Security Number application etc...) and also... when is your wedding??!!!

Ileana, do you mind me asking, when you say you needed 'original documents', do you have to have the petitioners passport and original payslips, employers letter etc aswell..? Or will copies for those suffice instead? I say because unfortunately I will be going to the interview alone and therefore won't have these.

Also we keep calling NVC to find out if London have recieved our case yet and they keep telling us, no not yet. It has been over a week! I keep thinking maybe it has been recieved but the info hasnt got over to NVC yet. I saw that on a few other UK timelines... Also I booked my medical for December 21st! Yay! So Russ will be able to come and hold my hand after all (Im not exactly looking forward to the blood test!?

Hope you're all doing well. :) We keep you all in our thoughts.

Edited by RUSSandRACHEL

Timeline

Hugs and kisses to all,

Ileana

Hi guys. Thats so sweet of you. We feel the same. Don't know how we would have got this far without you all. Glad you finally had a good nights sleep Ileana! Now you can RELAAAAX! Ahh! Once again, CONGRATS! :D:D:D We are soooooo happy for you both and glad that your interview went smoothly!!! Its so exciting that you will be going home on December 17th. I always refer to NJ as home now cos thats where my heart is (L):D Please keep us all informed as to how you get on (POE, Social Security Number application etc...) and also... when is your wedding??!!!

Ileana, do you mind me asking, when you say you needed 'original documents', do you have to have the petitioners passport and original payslips, employers letter etc aswell..? Or will copies for those suffice instead? I say because unfortunately I will be going to the interview alone and therefore won't have these.

Also we keep calling NVC to find out if London have recieved our case yet and they keep telling us, no not yet. It has been over a week! I keep thinking maybe it has been recieved but the info hasnt got over to NVC yet. I saw that on a few other UK timelines... Also I booked my medical for December 21st! Yay! So Russ will be able to come and hold my hand after all (Im not exactly looking forward to the blood test!?

Hope you're all doing well. :) We keep you all in our thoughts.

Thank you all again!

Rachel, I only needed his divorce decree in original. The rest of the documents from him (employers letter, bank statement, affidavit of support, income tax were copies). They never asked for a copy of his passport or proof of citizenship - those documents were already in the petition file.

I was lucky enough that my office is 5 minutes from the embassy so I called and I found out that I have the option to pick up package 3 personally instead of waiting for them to send it via regular mail. So I went there and I spoke directly to the person in charge of our file (the secretary who puts everything together for the counsel) and she advised me on what I need to bring before the interview and for the interview. Lucky again because as it turned out I didn;t need to bring anything before the interview - she only asked me to fill in the biometrics form right then and there and then said that I only have to call and schedule for interview when I have the original of the divorce decree. And so I did. However, the day I called to schedule the interview she remembered that I was still to bring her 2 pictures and a copy of my passport. I told her that I will be there in 10 minutes so she just went ahead and scheduled the interview. Needless to say that 10 minutes later I was there with what she asked from me.

About the wedding - it will be sometime in January. We haven't decided yet since we wanted to see the visa in hand first. I think I am a little superstitious. After all I am coming from Dracula's land, right? :D Anyway, you'll be amongst the first to know!

Just feel free to ask me anything. I am more than happy to help you out if I can.

Hugs to all,

Ileana

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Krishna Murti

We got the PINK slip! My interview went well last Nov 20. It was only less than 5 minutes with the consul. Right after he said "Congratulations your visa has been approved, I was so teary-eyed right infront of him while I said "Thank you so much Sir!"

And while waiting for my release slip, everything flashed back from day 1 of this journey that my fiance and I had... and i was just sitting in the blue seat crying by myself. Thank you God! Everything is indeed all worth it.

I will be home soon my love.

Good luck to those who will still be having their interviews and waiting for notices. Just keep the faith and patience. ASk for strength and perseverance and everything will be ok.

Feel free to ask me anything if you like...

God is so good!

AOS Timeline

02/11/10 AOS, EAD and AP filed

02/23/10 NOA1 notice date

02/27/10 NOA1 hard copy received

02/26/10 change of address

03/03/10 ASC appt at local office on 03/18/10

03/09/10 Case transferred to CSC notified thru email

03/16/10 Received notice thru email (2nd time) & hard copy that CSC has rcvd application

03/17/10 (one day early as scheduled) Biometrics done

04/28/10 card production ordered for EAD (on document production status) and AP (post-decision act)

04/30/10 touch again for AP (post-decision activity)

05/04/10 received AP in mail

05/11/10 another touch on EAD & email received from USCIS stating card production ordered

05/22/10 EAD in mail... FINALLY!

08/12/10 AOS touch...

09/09/10 AOS touch...

09/10/10 called USCIS and got a service request for AOS application...

09/13/10 email and text notification... AOS APPROVED and card production notice at the same time!!!

09/20/10 received green card and welcome letter in mail.... at last!!!

Citizenship

11/07/13 sent N-400

11/13/13 NOA received

12/16/13 biometrics done

02/12/14 interview (approved)

??/??/?? oath ceremony

Timeline
We got the PINK slip! My interview went well last Nov 20. It was only less than 5 minutes with the consul. Right after he said "Congratulations your visa has been approved, I was so teary-eyed right infront of him while I said "Thank you so much Sir!"

And while waiting for my release slip, everything flashed back from day 1 of this journey that my fiance and I had... and i was just sitting in the blue seat crying by myself. Thank you God! Everything is indeed all worth it.

Good luck to those who will still be having their interviews and waiting for notices. Just keep the faith and patience. ASk for strength and perseverance and everything will be ok.

God is so good!

Congrats.. hope you will have a nice time with the hubby..

God is Good no doubt about it..

" She's my kind of rain"

God is so good!

CONGRATULATIONS YAYAYAYA :dance: !

What did they ask :) ?

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina

I-129F Sent : July 11, 2009

I-129F NOA1 : July 14, 2009

I-129F RFE(s) : None, thank God

I-129F NOA2 : November 04, 2009

Interview: December 15, 2009

Visa received: December 16, 2009

loveshower.gifloveshower.gif

[CONGRATULATIONS YAYAYAYA :dance: !

What did they ask :) ? [/color]

Consul just asked these:

who is your petitioner?

what does he do for a living?

how did u meet?

when are u planning to get married?

then he looked at our pictures and he laughed at my fiane's solo pic on barong tagalog with shorts! that was it! then he said congratulations!

AOS Timeline

02/11/10 AOS, EAD and AP filed

02/23/10 NOA1 notice date

02/27/10 NOA1 hard copy received

02/26/10 change of address

03/03/10 ASC appt at local office on 03/18/10

03/09/10 Case transferred to CSC notified thru email

03/16/10 Received notice thru email (2nd time) & hard copy that CSC has rcvd application

03/17/10 (one day early as scheduled) Biometrics done

04/28/10 card production ordered for EAD (on document production status) and AP (post-decision act)

04/30/10 touch again for AP (post-decision activity)

05/04/10 received AP in mail

05/11/10 another touch on EAD & email received from USCIS stating card production ordered

05/22/10 EAD in mail... FINALLY!

08/12/10 AOS touch...

09/09/10 AOS touch...

09/10/10 called USCIS and got a service request for AOS application...

09/13/10 email and text notification... AOS APPROVED and card production notice at the same time!!!

09/20/10 received green card and welcome letter in mail.... at last!!!

Citizenship

11/07/13 sent N-400

11/13/13 NOA received

12/16/13 biometrics done

02/12/14 interview (approved)

??/??/?? oath ceremony

Timeline

Congratulations!!!!! Now it's time to relax! :dance:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Estonia
Timeline

FINANCIAL DOCUMENTS:

My finace is self-employed (IT consultant) and also has a part-time job (bartender). He does his part-time job whenever he is not working on any IT contracts.

We already got his tax returns for the last 3 years, 3 paystubs from consulting contracts, and a bank statement showing his current bank balance.

Which other financial documents should I take to the interview? A self written self-employemnt letter ? Letter from his part-time job??

Thanks for you help... :)

AOS Timeline

06-12-10 : Mailed AOS Package

06-14-10 : Package Received at Chicago Lockbox

06-21-10 : Received Email & Text NOAs

06-22-10 : check cashed

06-24-10 : Paper copies of NOA's

06-28-10 : Biometrics appointment letter ( 7/22)

07-02-10 : Biometrics walk-in

07-08-10 : touch

07-09-10 : touch

07-14-10 : touch

07-15-10 : touch

07-19-10 : AOS transferred to California Service Center

07-20-10 : touch

07-26-10 : touch

07-27-10 : touch

08-07-10 : touch on I-765

08-16-10 : EAD approved, card production ordered.

08-25-10 : EAD and Travel document in mail

12-1-10 : touch

12-2-10 : touch

01-04-2011: GREEN CARD APPROVED ( no interview)

Timeline
FINANCIAL DOCUMENTS:

My finace is self-employed (IT consultant) and also has a part-time job (bartender). He does his part-time job whenever he is not working on any IT contracts.

We already got his tax returns for the last 3 years, 3 paystubs from consulting contracts, and a bank statement showing his current bank balance.

Which other financial documents should I take to the interview? A self written self-employemnt letter ? Letter from his part-time job??

Thanks for you help... :)

Hi,

I searched the form and found that someone disucss this already. There is a reply to that post which indicate what is needed for seld employeed

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...l=Self+employed

Good luck

Batta

" She's my kind of rain"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

It sounds like everyone's journey is moving along. We couldn't figure out what we should have sent to the Embassy that we did not vs. what was for the interview, so he is printing EVERYTHING now and signing and sending it along, + a copy of the I-134 I completed and that supporting evidence. Hopefully after sending everything they will schedule him an interview. Fingers crossed. When I called today, they only told me they had the DS-230, but they were waiting for other papers, but couldn't tell me what according to their computer system.

We'll see, hopefully this works!

07-17-2009 I-129F sent

07-22-2009 NOA1 date

07-24-2009 check cleared

07-30-2009 NOA1 received via snail mail

10-14-2009 NOA2 (we were around #187 on Igor's List)

12-30-2009 Interview in Madrid!

02-01-2010 Visa in Hand - finally!

03-08-2010 POE Orlando, FL

God is so good!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Well done! Im so happy for you! :dance:

Well... we are still waiting. Feel like we've come to a bit of a standstill. We are still waiting for London to recieve our case. According to NVC (which I dont know if I believe) they still haven't recieved it since it was sent on the 12th! Ahhh... the waiting game again!

God is so good!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Well done! Im so happy for you! :dance:

Well... we are still waiting. Feel like we've come to a bit of a standstill. We are still waiting for London to recieve our case. According to NVC (which I dont know if I believe) they still haven't recieved it since it was sent on the 12th! Ahhh... the waiting game again!

Hello my friends!

Ohhh Rachel, is it possible? Hmm.. Wierd? I have already got packet 3 from the embassy!

I also made a mistake :blush: .. when I called embassy to see if they have received our case from the NVC, they asked me a name.. And I said Faruk.. hahaha.. (I thought that I need to say his name).. So they said, no, nothing yet.. Try to call next week! And then, two days later, I got a letter (packet 3) from the embassy!"

UK is even closer to the USA than Bosnia, so it is impossible that embassy havent received a case, if NVC told you that they have sent it?!

Maybe your embassy has too many cases so they are waiting to clear it up a little bit, so that next cases can start their proces with embassy?! Just guessing :blink: !

Good luck to all of us.. I am so scared because of the interview.. I dont know when it will be, but I am scared.. :no:

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina

I-129F Sent : July 11, 2009

I-129F NOA1 : July 14, 2009

I-129F RFE(s) : None, thank God

I-129F NOA2 : November 04, 2009

Interview: December 15, 2009

Visa received: December 16, 2009

loveshower.gifloveshower.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.