SuperDuper!

Bridezillas

69 posts in this topic

The OP could watch Redneck weddings on CMT for balance.....these american gals enjoy the simple pleasures in life, you know......tractor pulls, hunting camouflage decor, mud wrestling....and what not

My friend told me about that show and I gave it a watch last summer. WOW :blink: I saw the one where the girl wanted to cover the walls of the reception hall with quilts :lol:

Oh god, that show is SOOO bad! Never saw Bridezilla show, we don;t get that channel.

I think I am going to generalize all men who look for women from a different country and disgusting perverts who want to buy a wife... Oh wait, I actually have enough brains to realize that that is stupid, plenty of men are good human beings looking for a life partner, not for a servant. I also have enough brains to realize all ladies from PI/Russia/Ukraine and any of these other countries don't have the same personality and that all American women don't have the same personality. I know and dated several scumbag US men, but I again am not stupid enough to say they are all scumbags. But I still think a thread on why importing a foreign husband is better than dating an icky american man is funny :)

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline

Someone forgot to tell me that I was supposed to be a bridezilla on my wedding day. My biggest wedding expenses were the medical tests and paperwork. My wedding dress cost me around $35 and I'd worn it many times before on job interviews. If only I'd been told that I'm supposed to be shallow and materialistic, then I would have demanded more money for the wedding, then saved it and spent it on the honeymoon instead. I don't even expect to have a reception for his family when we make it to Iran or for my family when we make it to the US. I told my mom that if she wants to throw me a reception she can just invite everyone over to the house for coffee and the cheapest cake from the bakery. And that's only if she wants to do it. If not, then I'm ok not having a reception. I just think it would be a nice way of introducing my first and last husband to the family. I know his family is really excited about throwing us a reception at their vacation home on the beach in northern Iran. They are really excited about meeting their one and only American in-law. But again, it will be up to them how much they spend or even if they throw us a reception at all. This thread has been really informative on how much material ####### I'm missing out on. Not to mention how un-American I am. :rolleyes:

Filed: Timeline
hmmm... considering you did not invite me to your wedding i do not have first hand experience :cry:

Sorry, Sister. Darn those big families and small venues! Now, see, if you were in Germany on the 8th you could come to our German reception....

VJ meet up in Germany!!! :lol:

You can all meet at our wedding, whenever that will be. :whistle:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
hmmm... considering you did not invite me to your wedding i do not have first hand experience :cry:

Sorry, Sister. Darn those big families and small venues! Now, see, if you were in Germany on the 8th you could come to our German reception....

VJ meet up in Germany!!! :lol:

You can all meet at our wedding, whenever that will be. :whistle:

woot! :thumbs:

fiesta! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Daniel

:energy:

Ana (Mexico) ------ Daniel (California)(me)

---------------------------------------------

Sept. 11, 2004: Got married (civil), in Mexico :D

July 23, 2005: Church wedding

===============================

K3(I-129F):

Oct. 28, 2004: Mailed I-129F.

~USPS, First-Class, Certified Mail, Rtn Recpt ($5.80)

Nov. 3, 2004: NOA1!!!!

Nov. 5, 2004: Check Cashed!!

zzzz deep hibernationn zzzz

May 12, 2005 NOA2!!!! #######!!! huh???

off to NVC.

May 26, 2005: NVC approves I129F.

CR1(I-130):

Oct. 6, 2004: Mailed I-130.

~USPS, First-Class, Certified Mail, Rtn Recpt ($5.80)

Oct. 8, 2004: I-130 Delivered to CSC in Laguna Niguel.

~Per USPS website's tracking tool.

Oct. 12, 2004 BCIS-CSC Signs for I-130 packet.

Oct. 21, 2004 Check cashed!

Oct. 25, 2004 NOA1 (I-130) Go CSC!!

Jan. 05, 2005 Approved!!!! Off to NVC!!!!

NVC:

Jan. 05, 2005 ---> in route from CSC

Jan. 12, 2005 Case entered system

Jan. 29, 2005 Received I-864 Bill

Jan. 31, 2005 Sent Payment to St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 01, 2005 Wife received DS3032(Choice of Agent)

Feb. 05, 2005 Payment Received in St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 08, 2005 Sent DS3032 to Portsmouth NH

Feb. 12, 2005 DS3032 Received by NVC

Mar. 04, 2005 Received IV Bill

Mar. 04, 2005 Sent IV Bill Payment

Mar. 08, 2005 Received I864

Mar. 19, 2005 Sent I864

Mar. 21, 2005 I864 Received my NVC

Apr. 18, 2005 Received DS230

Apr. 19, 2005 Sent DS230

Apr. 20, 2005 DS230 received by NVC (signed by S Merfeld)

Apr. 22, 2005 DS230 entered NVC system

Apr. 27, 2005 CASE COMPLETE

May 10, 2005 CASE SENT TO JUAREZ

Off to Cd. Juarez! :D

calls to NVC: 6

CIUDAD JUAREZ, American Consulate:

Apr. 27, 2005 case completed at NVC.

May 10, 2005 in route to Juarez.

May 25, 2005 Case at consulate.

-- Legal Disclaimer:What I say is only a reflection of what I did, going to do, or may do; it may also reflect what I have read others did, are going to do, or may do. What you do or may do is what you do or may do. You do so or may do so strictly out of your on voilition; or follow what a lawyer advised you to do, or may do. Having said that: have a nice day!

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
Should we start a "My Foreign Husband is better than an American husband because" thread?

:rofl:

You should; Letz hear it! I'm afraid it will be anti-climactic, though. :innocent:

Only because most of the American women on here are intelligent enough to understand that one can't generalize men based on their country of origin....

That being said, my European husband is far more cultured, mature, polite, realistic, and intelligent than many men I know in the US. I could go on, but I won't because unlike some of the *ahem* men on here, I don't need to objectify my spouse or convince anyone why he's better than others.

Also, since my dad, brothers, cousins, and some of my dearest friends are American men, it would be simply ridiculous to claim that men from [insert foreign country here] are better.

Now, back to Bridezillas...did anyone see the one where the bride made sure all of her bridesmaids weighed at least 200 pounds so she'd look the best?!?!?!?

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Dammit! I knew I should have shopped around longer...I think mine is defective because she's about as demure and submissive as a Rottweiler with a steak in its mouth. I got all googly-eyed over superficial things like her personality and intelligence. I'm such a schmuck for women with brains. :blush:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
The OP could watch Redneck weddings on CMT for balance.....these american gals enjoy the simple pleasures in life, you know......tractor pulls, hunting camouflage decor, mud wrestling....and what not

My friend told me about that show and I gave it a watch last summer. WOW :blink: I saw the one where the girl wanted to cover the walls of the reception hall with quilts :lol:

Oh god, that show is SOOO bad! Never saw Bridezilla show, we don;t get that channel.

I think I am going to generalize all men who look for women from a different country and disgusting perverts who want to buy a wife... Oh wait, I actually have enough brains to realize that that is stupid, plenty of men are good human beings looking for a life partner, not for a servant. I also have enough brains to realize all ladies from PI/Russia/Ukraine and any of these other countries don't have the same personality and that all American women don't have the same personality. I know and dated several scumbag US men, but I again am not stupid enough to say they are all scumbags. But I still think a thread on why importing a foreign husband is better than dating an icky american man is funny :)

I tell Nigel that he is my mail order bride :rofl:

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ireland

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-03-13

Check Cashed: 2009-03-16

Touched : 2009-06-25

Touched : 2009-07-22

RFE: 2009-06-26

RFE Reply(s) : 2009-07-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-07-29

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-08-21

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-09-11

Packet 4 Received :2009-09-18 - got no letter. Just a phone call.

Interview Date : 2009-09-22

Visa Received : 2009-09-25

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :