Anurisis

Question about Insurance

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hello all, I'm new to this forum and I've been trying to find the answer to my question but haven't found it yet.

My fiancee and I are soon to be getting married, We're currently waiting for our NOA2 k-1 visa. I don't have a job and we are having a co-sponsor. Now my fiancee and I aren't planning it, and she is going to take birthcontrol, But what will happen if she does get pregnant when I do not have insurance. I know for one American citizen they can get state insurance but she is not a citizen yet. Will this cause any problems? Like will she get a state insurance or will they get the money from our co-sponsor?

Thanks for your replies

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hello all, I'm new to this forum and I've been trying to find the answer to my question but haven't found it yet.

My fiancee and I are soon to be getting married, We're currently waiting for our NOA2 k-1 visa. I don't have a job and we are having a co-sponsor. Now my fiancee and I aren't planning it, and she is going to take birthcontrol, But what will happen if she does get pregnant when I do not have insurance. I know for one American citizen they can get state insurance but she is not a citizen yet. Will this cause any problems? Like will she get a state insurance or will they get the money from our co-sponsor?

Thanks for your replies

Unless it is "emergency" medicaid, public health insurance would have to be reimbursed to the government by YOU or your co-sponsor. Better "control" that thing or you will be paying. Oh, and I assure you, direct pay would be cheaper than letting the government beaurocrats get at it first!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for your replies

Unless it is "emergency" medicaid, public health insurance would have to be reimbursed to the government by YOU or your co-sponsor. Better "control" that thing or you will be paying. Oh, and I assure you, direct pay would be cheaper than letting the government beaurocrats get at it first!

:thumbs:

There are many birth control options world wide, at little or no cost. Many counties in the US provide reproductive services with no questions asked, if you declare below a certain income. That works until you are married, when you would have to declare joint income.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You may wish to investigate obtaining private insurance. Without insurance if she became pregnant you would have to pay for the expenses out of pocket.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

Thanks for your replies

If you go on Medicaid, doesn't that fall under Public Charge? If you're not working and you're using a co-sponsor, doesn't it fall under the co-sponor's responsibility to provide for her? I honestly don't know about these details regarding co-sponsors and finances.

But I'm don't understand. What aren't you planning? To get married or to have a baby? You have to get married at one point and sooner or later, you should probaby find a job with insurance. If you're still waiting on NOA2, you still have a while yet and if she does get knocked up, you'll have at least 9 months until the delivery which is the buck of the cost. Mostly it's just monthly check ups and maybe some ultrasounds. The cost can still add up but still manageable. But between NOA2 and the delivery, you should be able to find something. You do plan to find employment, don't you?

11-24-08 sent i-129 (VSC)

12-05-08 check cashed

12-08-08 received NOA 1

03-23-09 i-129f approved per online status - no email notice

03-31-09 recieved NOA 2

04-01-09 NVC IN

04-02-09 NVC OUT

04-10-09 to 05-01-09 2nd visit to Laos

04-23-09 Arrives at USEM

05-04-09 fiancee picks up packet at USEM

05-12, 6-12 and 7-13 Medical

09-30-09 Interview - Passed but they wanted copy of my passport of the 2nd visit

10-08-09 Visa issued

10-18-09 POE - Newark, NJ

10-26-09 Applied for marriage license

10-31-09 Recd license

11-13-09 Wedding

11-16-09 Applied for SSN

11-21-09 Recd SSN

12-05-09 Sent AOS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Also, remember that there are forms of birth control such that she wouldn't have to remember to take a pill each month. IUD, NuvaRing are a couple that I've heard of. But as I'm no doctor or nurse, you may want to check with a professional (or go to WebMD).

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

We aren't planning on having a baby. We are planning on getting married ofcourse.

I'm trying to find a job but it's hard nowadays... I'm trying very hard but it seems impossible. =\

When she left America last time she got pregnant even though she was taking the pil every day. She had a miscarriage. She doesn't want to use anything else then that because she is afraid that'll effect her being able to get pregnant again (Don't ask me, and don't try to convince her because she made her point). She already hates the pil but there's no other choice.

Now I read on other forums that there are things like baby packages. For example you buy a baby package of $2400 and you get everything. Ultrasounds etc.

Thanks for the reply's

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.