one...two...tree

Climate 'Study' By Non-Scientist At EPA Is Right's New Cause Celebre

196 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Clearly... what can climate scientists blog about that when Mr. Meyer clearly has them all by the ballz. :lol:

I just hope you don't like the feeling too much.

Teachers must seriously be gluttons for punishment... putting up with those that don't want to learn. :lol:

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
I am waiting for the big thaw. So is Texas. They all seem to think once all the ice melts, Alaska will just be another chain of islands, and Texas will be the biggest state again.

:lol:

I was watching a show on TV a few weeks ago, about how New York City (or what is today NYC) fared during all the previous geologic ages. Apparently, NYC is as south as the glaciers got during the last ice age. And during some other era when the earth was much warmer (I don't remember the name of the period) NYC was a tropical paradise with palm trees, much of Manhattan was under water and Jersey was a swamp.

Teachers must seriously be gluttons for punishment... putting up with those that don't want to learn. :lol:

I guess it's ok if they pay you to do it. But for free? ** that.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline
I am waiting for the big thaw. So is Texas. They all seem to think once all the ice melts, Alaska will just be another chain of islands, and Texas will be the biggest state again.

:lol:

I was watching a show on TV a few weeks ago, about how New York City (or what is today NYC) fared during all the previous geologic ages. Apparently, NYC is as south as the glaciers got during the last ice age. And during some other era when the earth was much warmer (I don't remember the name of the period) NYC was a tropical paradise with palm trees, much of Manhattan was under water and Jersey was a swamp.

I guess it's ok if they pay you to do it. But for free? ** that.

Aren't there glacial deposits in Central Park? Yes I think that's right...

As for pro-bono work... well... most of my tutoring students did did quite well. You could say their success was payment enough for me.

Timeline
... most of my tutoring students did did quite well.

You've finally met your match.

In soooooo many ways.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Gary,

If you are interested in looking for actual climate research, try RealClimate.

RealClimate is a commentary site (blog) on climatology by a group of climate scientists for the interested public and journalists. It aims to provide a quick response to developing stories and provide the context sometimes missing in mainstream commentary. The discussion is intended to be restricted to scientific topics and to avoid political or economic implications of the science.

The web hosting for RealClimate is provided by Environmental Media Services, a non-profit public relations firm, though they exercise no control over the content. The contributing scientists are not paid for their time.

The creation of RealClimate was noticed by the academic journals Science and Nature.[2][3]

In 2005, the editors of Scientific American recognized RealClimate with a Science and Technology Web Award, writing:[4]

A refreshing antidote to the political and economic slants that commonly color and distort news coverage of topics like the greenhouse effect, air quality, natural disasters and global warming, Real Climate is a focused, objective blog written by scientists for a brainy community that likes its climate commentary served hot. Always precise and timely, the site's resident meteorologists, geoscientists and oceanographers sound off on all news climatological, from tropical glacial retreat to "doubts about the advent of spring." In 2006, Nature compiled a list of the 50 most popular blogs written by scientists, as measured by Technorati. RealClimate was number 3 on that list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RealClimate

um right..

Domain Name:REALCLIMATE.ORG

Created On:19-Nov-2004 16:39:03 UTC

Last Updated On:29-May-2009 12:45:52 UTC

Expiration Date:19-Nov-2010 16:39:03 UTC

Sponsoring Registrar:eNom, Inc. (R39-LROR)

Registrant ID:B133AE74B8066012

Registrant Name:Betsy Ensley

link

A reader has asked me by e-mail who funds RealClimate.ORG. Well, it is not so difficult to find out. Just search for the registration information of RealClimate.ORG at WhoIs.NET and you will find out that RealClimate.ORG is run by Environmental Media Services and by Betsy Ensley.

EMS is primarily an organization to pay for junk science about food and beverages, often hired by food companies to damage their competitors; click the link in the previous sentence to learn more.

RealClimate.ORG has several sisters founded by the same Betsy Ensley, including WomenAgainstBush.ORG and BushGreenWatch.ORG. When Ensley was campaigning against Ashcroft, her secretary was Kalee Kreider who is now Al Gore's spokesperson. Al Gore's former press secretary, Arlie Schardt, is on the EMS's board of directors, too.

It's explained in one of the previous links that EMS also owns Fenton Communications, a group providing various "progressive" non-profit organizations with many services. They are best known for their representation of MoveOn.ORG. Fenton also organized the initial press release promoting RealClimate.ORG, a move that was most likely sparked by an immediate attempt to counter the influence of "State of Fear" by Michael Crichton.

link

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Gary,

If you are interested in looking for actual climate research, try RealClimate.

RealClimate is a commentary site (blog) on climatology by a group of climate scientists for the interested public and journalists. It aims to provide a quick response to developing stories and provide the context sometimes missing in mainstream commentary. The discussion is intended to be restricted to scientific topics and to avoid political or economic implications of the science.

The web hosting for RealClimate is provided by Environmental Media Services, a non-profit public relations firm, though they exercise no control over the content. The contributing scientists are not paid for their time.

The creation of RealClimate was noticed by the academic journals Science and Nature.[2][3]

In 2005, the editors of Scientific American recognized RealClimate with a Science and Technology Web Award, writing:[4]

A refreshing antidote to the political and economic slants that commonly color and distort news coverage of topics like the greenhouse effect, air quality, natural disasters and global warming, Real Climate is a focused, objective blog written by scientists for a brainy community that likes its climate commentary served hot. Always precise and timely, the site's resident meteorologists, geoscientists and oceanographers sound off on all news climatological, from tropical glacial retreat to "doubts about the advent of spring." In 2006, Nature compiled a list of the 50 most popular blogs written by scientists, as measured by Technorati. RealClimate was number 3 on that list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RealClimate

um right..

Domain Name:REALCLIMATE.ORG

Created On:19-Nov-2004 16:39:03 UTC

Last Updated On:29-May-2009 12:45:52 UTC

Expiration Date:19-Nov-2010 16:39:03 UTC

Sponsoring Registrar:eNom, Inc. (R39-LROR)

Registrant ID:B133AE74B8066012

Registrant Name:Betsy Ensley

link

A reader has asked me by e-mail who funds RealClimate.ORG. Well, it is not so difficult to find out. Just search for the registration information of RealClimate.ORG at WhoIs.NET and you will find out that RealClimate.ORG is run by Environmental Media Services and by Betsy Ensley.

EMS is primarily an organization to pay for junk science about food and beverages, often hired by food companies to damage their competitors; click the link in the previous sentence to learn more.

RealClimate.ORG has several sisters founded by the same Betsy Ensley, including WomenAgainstBush.ORG and BushGreenWatch.ORG. When Ensley was campaigning against Ashcroft, her secretary was Kalee Kreider who is now Al Gore's spokesperson. Al Gore's former press secretary, Arlie Schardt, is on the EMS's board of directors, too.

It's explained in one of the previous links that EMS also owns Fenton Communications, a group providing various "progressive" non-profit organizations with many services. They are best known for their representation of MoveOn.ORG. Fenton also organized the initial press release promoting RealClimate.ORG, a move that was most likely sparked by an immediate attempt to counter the influence of "State of Fear" by Michael Crichton.

link

Real Climate is a blog site for climate scientists....none of which are paid to blog there.

The members of RealClimate are:

You could research and see if these climate scientists are really in cahoots with a communist propaganda though if it tickles your fancy.

Michael E. Mann (born 28 December 1965) is an American climatologist and author of more than 80 peer-reviewed journal publications.

(Sounds like he's got a real ax to grind)

Timeline

Lubos Motl... we already discussed him last year I think.

But his own blog states the obvious-

'The most important events in our and your superstringy Universe as seen from a conservative physicist's viewpoint'

So... once again its climate scientists writing about science vs someone else ranting about those climate scientists.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Real Climate is a blog site for climate scientists....none of which are paid to blog there.

Would you trust a "liberal blog" sponsored by Fox News?

Didn't think so.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

Didn't think so.

If Rupert Murdoch owned a blog site where he allowed real climate scientists to blog about climate science on their own without any compensation, I'd see no harm.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Didn't think so.

If Rupert Murdoch owned a blog site where he allowed real climate scientists to blog about climate science on their own without any compensation, I'd see no harm.

But they wouldn't blog there, would they?

Just like any genuine climate scientist who holds a contrarian view probably wouldn't blog on

"Real Climate" to avoid ridicule.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

Didn't think so.

Just like any genuine climate scientist who holds a contrarian view probably wouldn't blog on

You should read the discussions there...there certainly are disagreements. If some real climate scientists have been censored by the site and are saying they were, then that would be a problem.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm burning barrels of diesel tonight..

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I'm burning barrels of diesel tonight..

i'll bring the tires and used motor oil. :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Didn't think so.

But we'd be expected to... since they claim they're fair and balanced.

Didn't think so.

You should read the discussions there...there certainly are disagreements. If some real climate scientists have been censored by the site and are saying they were, then that would be a problem.

And I'm sure we'd see a fake PNAS-formatted paper come out of the woodwork to renounce those liberal bullies.