one...two...tree

Climate 'Study' By Non-Scientist At EPA Is Right's New Cause Celebre

196 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
So basically, Gary, you don't accept Global Warming theory as valid because - one, you don't believe it is widely accepted (no consensus) and two, because it is just a theory and therefore falsifiable?

Steven, you are just as underqualified to speak on this subject as Gary is.

Frankly, it is the social phenomenon of uninformed and uneducated laymen such as the two of you debating this subject that has polluted the debate with unscientific conjecture and meaningless political posturing.

Listen, HAL from an alternate universe, I've consistently never argued over the science of GW, as I think that would be silly of me. However, it doesn't require a scientific background to have a basic understanding of how a scientific theory comes into being. That is at the heart of Gary's arguments against the theory of GW. He dismisses the theory because it a theory (falsifiable) and doesn't believe that theory is widely accepted among climate scientists. Both Gary and I, and any other regular joe's should be able to have at least a reasonable understanding of modern science. We owe it to ourselves and this planet.

You owe it to your planet to cease and desist being such a self-important blowhard.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

hallogo.jpg

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
So basically, Gary, you don't accept Global Warming theory as valid because - one, you don't believe it is widely accepted (no consensus) and two, because it is just a theory and therefore falsifiable?

Steven, you are just as underqualified to speak on this subject as Gary is.

Frankly, it is the social phenomenon of uninformed and uneducated laymen such as the two of you debating this subject that has polluted the debate with unscientific conjecture and meaningless political posturing.

Listen, HAL from an alternate universe, I've consistently never argued over the science of GW, as I think that would be silly of me. However, it doesn't require a scientific background to have a basic understanding of how a scientific theory comes into being. That is at the heart of Gary's arguments against the theory of GW. He dismisses the theory because it a theory (falsifiable) and doesn't believe that theory is widely accepted among climate scientists. Both Gary and I, and any other regular joe's should be able to have at least a reasonable understanding of modern science. We owe it to ourselves and this planet.

You owe it to your planet to cease and desist being such a self-important blowhard.

This is me. If that's how I come across then so be it. I enjoy these discussions or I wouldn't be here.

Timeline

So you knowingly and willingly participate in the politicization of a debate that never should have been politicized, because you enjoy it? This is nothing more than an expression of Self to you?

My God, man. Don't you see what you're doing?

hallogo.jpg

Original? My join date is before the imposter HAL 9000.

Yes copied, and like all copies you don't match up to the original.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
So you knowingly and willingly participate in the politicization of a debate that never should have been politicized, because you enjoy it? This is nothing more than an expression of Self to you?

My God, man. Don't you see what you're doing?

I was speaking in general (all topics). If I didn't enjoy discussing issues then I'd be some kind of masochist.

Timeline

I believe the HAL 9000 is married. Suck up to him all you want, the only VJ man you have a prayer of tapping is Charles.

hallogo.jpg

Timeline

Thanks MC. I am, fortunately, laughing my socks off at this one.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

yeah, if you check out his name display history.. he just changed it to HAL90000 today :P he was Booyah'sMom before :lol:

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

I believe the HAL 9000 is married. Suck up to him all you want, the only VJ man you have a prayer of tapping is Charles.

Oh, you are one of these religious nuts that believes that once you are married you should never, ever discuss anything with anyone other than your spouse? Excellent :lol:

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

Oh, you are one of these religious nuts that believes that once you are married you should never, ever discuss anything with anyone other than your spouse? Excellent :lol:

They're called morals. Oh, wait. You're European. You wouldn't know nothing about that, would you?

hallogo.jpg

Timeline

yeah, if you check out his name display history.. he just changed it to HAL90000 today :P he was Booyah'sMom before :lol:

Oh I could totally come up with something about that but I won't since its not my style to talk about others when they're not around. :lol:

this is funny but... not.

true dat. the laughs aren't exactly flattering ones.