booger

Just got layed off ,, K1 pending now what???

31 posts in this topic

Hello my VJ family, well i got bad news today .... After hearing rumors of possible lay offs, that became a reality today... the truck driving company i "worked for " layed 1500 people off.. starting with the newest ones first(me included). The economy has hit everything hard .... and we have the K1 pending now.. OMG my judy is going crazy. i have applied to every company i can Google up . and 99 % say the same thing , " must have at least_______ months experience to apply".... well i only have 1 month and then the layoff. that doesn't qualify me to work for them.... how does one get experience if they won't hire you ??? that was our only hope to be approved cause it paid so well,,, unless there's something i don't know that i could do to meet the 125%... as far as assets i have a bit of savings and a nice home and 2 nice cars . can those be used as assets that will help to be approved?. also, i can get my brother to co sponsor, BUT i hear the Manila embassy doesn't accept co sponsors... if i had another job driving or if my VJ family knows of another job driving that would take 0 experience , i would appreciate it so much... i am a non drinker ,nonsmoker and non drug user . i will do any type of drug test required . i need work... these $7 per hour jobs around me won't meet the 125% the embassy wants .... i am sorry to post this here and sound like i am begging and pleading but, actually i am , cause i don't know what to do now... she is my life and IF we fail the visa , then i will have to sell everything here and move there... please someone , give me work till the interview comes along (hopfully i will have a new job soon), but please any help or advice ... Wayne ........sorry , if i posted in the wrong forum :help:

Edited by booger

10-26-10 NVC recieves our petition

10-27-10 NVC case # assigned..

11-02-10 DS-3032, I-864 Bill received.

11-02-10 AOS Bill paid.

11-09-10 IV Bill recieved

11-09-10 IV Bill paid.

11-15-10 Sent IV and AOS packages seperately via overnight mail.

11-16-10 IV and AOS packages received at NVC at 11:22am ..... Now the wait begins again :(

11-30-10 Both packages entered into NVC's system awaiting review.....

12-07-10 RFE. A simple fix , But i need to wait till replacement page of Ds230 arrives, then overnight the checklist stuff back to NVC.

12-15-10 RFE docs arrived via DHL from Judy...heading to the Post Office to overnight to nvc

12-15-10 Overnighted the RFE checklist docs to NVC

12-16-10 NVC recieves RFE checklist docs

01-07-11 SIF ..... Thank you God...

01-10-11 Case complete, now waiting on the interview date email...

01-24-11 Finally got the interview date. March 1 @8:30am Thank you God. Now i can be at ease

02-04-11 Wife got a letter from USEM in Manila rescheduling her interview... was March 1, now Feb 17 ... ;)

02-07-11 Medical, day 1 of 2 (Passed)

02-08-11 Medical, day 2 (Passed)

02-17-11 Interview.... APPROVED.....Thank you GOD

02-28-11 Visa in hand!!

03-14-11 Departing Manila for her 24 hour flight to me

03-15-11 My baby is HOME!!!

03-21-11 Welcome letter and GC received

"Without you , I'm not ME"

I love you Judy

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Sorry to hear your story :(

Unfortunately this is becoming all too common, many stories like this on VJ lately due to the state of the economy.

I believe you are correct about Manila not allowing cosponsors.

I don't have specific advice for you, other than .... take a deep breath, get calm, don't panic. You have time. You've only begun the process and still have several months until your NOA2, then NVC, then interview stage. It's only at that latter point that you will need proof of income. So you have some time here to work things out. Use job boards. Use your networking skills - friends, neighbors, your aunt's hairdresser...anyone you can think of that may know of a company that's hiring.

The equity in your home can probably be used as an asset, along with liquid savings (checking accounts, IRAs, etc.). Cars.. perhaps, I'm not sure how those would be seen.

Good luck!!!

Hello my VJ family, well i got bad news today .... After hearing rumors of possible lay offs, that became a reality today... the truck driving company i "worked for " layed 1500 people off.. starting with the newest ones first(me included). The economy has hit everything hard .... and we have the K1 pending now.. OMG my judy is going crazy. i have applied to every company i can Google up . and 99 % say the same thing , " must have at least_______ months experience to apply".... well i only have 1 month and then the layoff. that doesn't qualify me to work for them.... how does one get experience if they won't hire you ??? that was our only hope to be approved cause it paid so well,,, unless there's something i don't know that i could do to meet the 125%... as far as assets i have a bit of savings and a nice home and 2 nice cars . can those be used as assets that will help to be approved?. also, i can get my brother to co sponsor, BUT i hear the Manila embassy doesn't accept co sponsors... if i had another job driving or if my VJ family knows of another job driving that would take 0 experience , i would appreciate it so much... i am a non drinker ,nonsmoker and non drug user . i will do any type of drug test required . i need work... these $7 per hour jobs around me won't meet the 125% the embassy wants .... i am sorry to post this here and sound like i am begging and pleading but, actually i am , cause i don't know what to do now... she is my life and IF we fail the visa , then i will have to sell everything here and move there... please someone , give me work till the interview comes along (hopfully i will have a new job soon), but please any help or advice ... Wayne ........sorry , if i posted in the wrong forum :help:

hi we have the same situation my fiance was been lay off since last year so he decide to take a course and he is a student right now. me and my child was interiviewed this month and the consulate approved our papers except my fiance financial support so he did not meet the poverty level 125% so my fiance so now my papers is pending and they just issuance me a visa when my fiance get a job and meet the poverty level...and i thank god he have a new job now...so you must be employ till you fiance approved your pettion and have an interview to USEM even you have an assets or bank account they still need an evidence of current sustained income..ok good luck and god bless you.. and just keep praying to god ..

hi, just a question but doesnt that embassy allow co sponsor for marraige visa? isnt it just the k1 that they dont allow it for?

sara

I have been told the Embassy in Manila looks down on Co Sponsors for the K1.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

hi, just a question but doesnt that embassy allow co sponsor for marraige visa? isnt it just the k1 that they dont allow it for?

sara

K-3 IR1/CR1 YES!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

It's kind of a race against time in your case. If your 2008 income is over the limit, you will be fine as long as you have your interview this year. If the case drags out until 2010, then they will want to see 2009 income.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

It's kind of a race against time in your case. If your 2008 income is over the limit, you will be fine as long as you have your interview this year. If the case drags out until 2010, then they will want to see 2009 income.

in my case my fiance 2008 income tax meet the poverty level too but the consulate told me that they still need a current income sustained means you need to work and show the current proof of evidence....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Two things...

from what I have read Manilla will accept co-sponsors if they are immediate family, parents or siblings. Check the regional forums

Another regards the job search. DO NOT be turned off because an ad says "must have..." That's a wish list. Send them your resume anyway. I have had serveral positions I "wasn't qualified" for according to the ads. I have also hired a lot of people that did not have the specified "qualifications" but were excellent for the job nonetheless. No door is going to open if you don't knock!

Good luck

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Two things...

from what I have read Manilla will accept co-sponsors if they are immediate family, parents or siblings. Check the regional forums

Another regards the job search. DO NOT be turned off because an ad says "must have..." That's a wish list. Send them your resume anyway. I have had serveral positions I "wasn't qualified" for according to the ads. I have also hired a lot of people that did not have the specified "qualifications" but were excellent for the job nonetheless. No door is going to open if you don't knock!

Good luck

You should be able to use any equity in your home, and also your cars. I have many cars and I will be using them as hard assets I own. I am submitting appraisals of the vehicles, backed up with NADA book values on the vehicles, and that backed up with the copies of the titles in my name showing no liens. This proces shows them that they indeed are owned by myself, the vin numbers will all match up, and they have NADA book values, so there should be little questions in regards to the vehicles value(s). I wish you all the best. Keep looking for a job, something is out there for you! God Bless...

Timeline

Im sorry I got confused here, in your previous post you said that Judy got an interview date back in 2008.

here:

hello everyone i just checked the Visa interview website and there was our medical and interview dates!!!!!!! ..... oh i am so happy now that my Jovy will be here sooner than i expected!!! ....... i hope to all out there still waiting , You will get yours soon..... don't give up ....... it is and was hard for us but we are hanging in there ..... now the downhill run has begun kicking.gif kicking.gif kicking.gif

Ps. i almost forgot

Medical March 6th

Interview March 13th

Did you refile or did you get an RFE?

Forgiveness is not saying what someone did to us is right. It is saying, "I'll let God straighten this out"..

Timeline

A lot of us are either recently let go or have the very real possibility of being let go over next few weeks or months. I'm in the later category and every week my seem to grey even more....

Is there a possibility of taking on two part time jobs in order to bind together enough income to make a little over the minimum you need?

There also seems to be some debate here on VJ and elsewhere about whether or not unemployment weekly income would count in order to meet the minimum. I've read opinions for and against whether it would count for I-134.

In any case, best wishes for a positive outcome to the job hunt.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

April 21, 2010 - AOS/AP/EAD Received in Chicago

Two things...

Good luck

I'm not trying to but heads but can you show the link to what you have read saying Manila will accepet co-sponsors if they are immediate family? From what I know and read of this is that they do not accepet co-sponsors for the K1 regardless of immediate family or not. I have found many post about this and know 1st hand from a friend who had family co-sponsors this is a very gray area and I would really like to know more about this.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=2442413

Two things...

Good luck

I'm not trying to but heads but can you show the link to what you have read saying Manila will accepet co-sponsors if they are immediate family? From what I know and read of this is that they do not accepet co-sponsors for the K1 regardless of immediate family or not. I have found many post about this and know 1st hand from a friend who had family co-sponsors this is a very gray area and I would really like to know more about this.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=2442413

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=2876693

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=2876809

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=2876780

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Sorry to hear about this.

Have you tried looking on craigslist for jobs? No idea which part of Kentucky you are from but saw a few transportation jobs listed there.

N-400 Stuff:
07/02/16 : N-400 sent

07/11/16 : NOA1

07/28/16 : Biometrics

04/03/17: Interview (approved)

04/14/17: Judicial oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.