Patricia_and_andy

Baby Corner

3,061 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

@Irisheyes: All the best for the last couple of days. I'm thinking about you and hope you'll have a great birth experience and a good time getting to know your little one.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We are expecting a new baby. They are giving a date of August 17, 2007 right now, but babies tend to come when they get ready. I go for my first ultrasound Thursday. Since I am not sick just tired all the time, I asked my doctor several several times was she sure. Is this what pregnancy feels like? Well, 28 more weeks to go. (Never realized pregnancy is 40 weeks or practically 10 months!)

Edited by shayrene

K-1 Journey

3/09/06 K-1 petition sent to Vermont

3/22/06 NOA1 received

4/17/06 NOA2 Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4/21/06 NVC received/ Sent to Paris

5/06 returned to NVC, je ne sais pas pour quoi

7/6/06 IMBRA RFE

7/11/06 RFE received at VSC

8/18/06 NOA 2 Reapproved!!!!!!

9/12/06 Packet 3 arrived

9/22/06 Packet 3 sent

10/28/06 Packet 4

11/29/06 Interview/ APPROVED!!!!!

12/05/06 US arrival JFK POE

AOS/EAD Journey

12/19/06 SSN applied for

1/20/07 SSN card received in mail

1/23/07 Civil Ceremony

4/3/07 I-485 and I-765 sent

4/11/07 NOA1 received

6/15/2007 EAD production of card

6/24/2007 EAD received

6/27/2007 AOS approved!!!!

7/2/2007 Green Card Received!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/14/07 Baby Arrives 7:44pm

11/03/07 "It's a Family Affair" wedding

I-751

4/28/09 mailed to Vermont

5/11/09 receipt letter, I-751 received by VSC

6/12/09 biometrics Baltimore

8/4/09 approval letter

8/11/09 email, card will be sent within 30 days

We are expecting a new baby. They are giving a date of August 17, 2007 right now, but babies tend to come when they get ready. I go for my first ultrasound Thursday. Since I am not sick just tired all the time, I asked my doctor several several times was she sure. Is this what pregnancy feels like? Well, 28 more weeks to go. (Never realized pregnancy is 40 weeks or practically 10 months!)

congratulations!

every pregnancy is different... with my first pregnancy, i never had any of the bad "symptoms" of pregnancy... in fact, i never felt better in my life...

with this pregnancy, everything has been different... but, i am now 8 yrs older...

hopefully you will keep feeling good and make it thru unscathed, lol ;)

august is a great month for having a baby... no major holiday anywhere nearby to get 'combined' with... and leos are great ppl!!!!!

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Congrats Shayrene, lucky you escaping the nausea...hope the rest of it goes easily too!

Thanks Eveline, I'm reading up a lot about induction. In one way I'm excited and in another I'm anxious about the whole thing. I think they are reluctant to do anything just yet because I have no effacement or dilation yet, so I guess it may not even work. By waiting as long as possible things may start to move along and we can avoid a C-section after a failed induction. Right now there is no apparent danger to me or the baby so waiting seems to be the best option. Hopefully by Thur we will know more.....

These last few weeks are the longest aren't they???

AOS

05/26/05: Sent I-485/I-130 & I-765 to Chicago lockbox.

05/27/05: Paperwork received by Douglas!

06/17/05: Check hit bank account.

06/20/05: All 3 NOA's rec'vd! TG!

08/02/05: Biometrics , New Orleans. Pretty uneventful.

08/09/05: EAD Approved!

07/12/06: ......still.........waiting.........

09/26/06: Case Status says interview has been canceled............What interview????

10/23/06: Interview finally scheduled for 12/14/06.

12/14/06: AOS approval pending renewal of Biometrics....Waiting on appt. for ASC!

Will this ever end????

01/17/07: Biometrics scheduled.

02/03/07: Everything complete at our end! Apparently my case file is under somebodys wobbly table leg.

02/27/07: Approval notice finally received by e-mail.....only 641 days!! 1 yr 9 mths!

My little angel, Rachel Erin...born 02/15/07

IM000979.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Congrats on all the new pregnancies and the new babies... :thumbs:

just wanted to give a little update...

The due date the doctor gave me was this last Saturday.... it was kind of hard for me.... :(

We go visit Noah's grave every few weeks and bring him flowers...

We finally ordered his headstone and it should be done in a few weeks.... it just makes it seem more real though :(

We are thinking of trying again after I go for my 6 month check-up in April and the doctor gives me the all clear...

but I told hubby we are not trying again until he quits smoking....

I am a little scared that the same thing might happen.... and I want to be happy about another pregnancy not worried all the time...

I am also not sure about my current doctor.... I really like her and I feel comfortable with her... but she just isn't very talkative.... I think she has kind of a shy personality.... I really like all the ladies who work in the office too.....

It was my first pregnancy and I really didn't know what questions to ask etc... And she would tell me things and not really give an explanation...

I am not sure if I should keep her or change doctors.... I feel I should stay with her but just be more vocal.... She knows my history etc....

I just wanted to add that it took over 2 months for my body to get back on its regular cycle.... I was wondering if this was normal...

men might not want to read further.... :whistle:

I started Birth Control about 2 weeks or so after the delivery, doctor's orders......

I read that the bleeding is supposed to stop after about 4 weeks or so.... I didn't stop bleeding until I had gone through 2 packs of birth control pills, over 2 months....

It wasn't heavy bleeding, more like a mucous type blood but every couple of weeks or so a gush of blood would come out.....

I did go and see the doctor around the 4th week but she said it was normal..... they did notice that my iron levels were a little low and she told me to start taking some iron pills....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Keltic thanks for the article, I had come across it so we might wait for the results pending....The thoughts of dragging my fat a$$ back to the mall is killing me!! LOLOL! How's the blood sugar looking btw?

blood sugars are still up there... but now just slightly elevated... the visiting nurse said to give it a little longer with the diet... that it takes more than a couple of days following the actual ADA diet to get things regulated...

i go back to the doc on wed to show him my meal records and glucose levels... also for the next ultrasound... they are going to try to look at the other side of his heart this time, *IF* he cooperates! lol

tony_1.gif

Timeline

Oh no Marilyn, as I said before. I am so sorry you have to go through all this. I am glad to see you here on the baby board every now and then. You are so strong, after everything that happened.

I have read that the bleeding lasts sometimes up to 6 weeks after delivery, oh boy, I guess that is what you get for 9 months no period at all, huh?

@Shayrene: CONGRATULATIONS :dance: on your pregnancy. I didn't feel sick at all either. I was tired a lot and I slept and napped a lot during the first three months but I never had to throw up or anything. Enjoy it.

@Irisheyes: I wrote in my birthplan that I didn't want to be induced unless it is ABSOLUTELY necessary or the baby was in danger etc. I would have definetely decided on the waiting game too. Still, there are a couple of days left until your actual due date so why not just wait and sit it out, right?

Yes, the last weeks are the hardest weeks. I don't know why. I mean I do have pains every now and then and the running-to-the-bathroom is even worse than ever but its not that I'm soooo uncomfortable or anything. I guess the further along you get the more excited you get about seeing and holding the baby. I mean, there is this person inside of you, you feel it moving, kicking, hiccuping {is that a word? :blink: }, you just eventually get to a point where you are sooo curious and excited about meeting this person. I am definetely there but if he wants to wait the next 2,5 weeks, so be it.

Keltic thanks for the article, I had come across it so we might wait for the results pending....The thoughts of dragging my fat a$$ back to the mall is killing me!! LOLOL! How's the blood sugar looking btw?

blood sugars are still up there... but now just slightly elevated... the visiting nurse said to give it a little longer with the diet... that it takes more than a couple of days following the actual ADA diet to get things regulated...

i go back to the doc on wed to show him my meal records and glucose levels... also for the next ultrasound... they are going to try to look at the other side of his heart this time, *IF* he cooperates! lol

Good luck Keltic. I hope everything is alright with your babyboy.

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Congrats on all the new pregnancies and the new babies... :thumbs:

just wanted to give a little update...

The due date the doctor gave me was this last Saturday.... it was kind of hard for me.... :(

We go visit Noah's grave every few weeks and bring him flowers...

We finally ordered his headstone and it should be done in a few weeks.... it just makes it seem more real though :(

We are thinking of trying again after I go for my 6 month check-up in April and the doctor gives me the all clear...

but I told hubby we are not trying again until he quits smoking....

I am a little scared that the same thing might happen.... and I want to be happy about another pregnancy not worried all the time...

I am also not sure about my current doctor.... I really like her and I feel comfortable with her... but she just isn't very talkative.... I think she has kind of a shy personality.... I really like all the ladies who work in the office too.....

It was my first pregnancy and I really didn't know what questions to ask etc... And she would tell me things and not really give an explanation...

I am not sure if I should keep her or change doctors.... I feel I should stay with her but just be more vocal.... She knows my history etc....

I just wanted to add that it took over 2 months for my body to get back on its regular cycle.... I was wondering if this was normal...

men might not want to read further.... :whistle:

I started Birth Control about 2 weeks or so after the delivery, doctor's orders......

I read that the bleeding is supposed to stop after about 4 weeks or so.... I didn't stop bleeding until I had gone through 2 packs of birth control pills, over 2 months....

It wasn't heavy bleeding, more like a mucous type blood but every couple of weeks or so a gush of blood would come out.....

I did go and see the doctor around the 4th week but she said it was normal..... they did notice that my iron levels were a little low and she told me to start taking some iron pills....

im sorry you had a rough saturday... *hugs

just make sure that you are emotionally ready, not just physically, to try again... and you need to feel completely comfortable with your OB/GYN... you could call a few other providers that your insurance company would cover and ask if you could just have a consultation visit because you are thinking of changing docs... if you change docs, she will send your medical records to your new doc... then he/she will also know your history, but you might be more comfortable... just dont feel trapped into staying with the same doc...

and, in regards to the bleeding, i have known many women to bleed for up to 6 - 8 weeks... with all that you have been thru in the last few months, it is very possible that it just took your body a little longer to get back on track...

tony_1.gif

Timeline

Marilyn, first of all, I'm sorry you had to get through the due day, I imagine it wasn't easy for you both. It is good to see you planning for the future. Noah will always be your first born and have a special place in your hearts.

As for the bleeding, everyone is bound to be different and I think as long as there were no large blood clots, you are probably ok, maybe another check up wouldn't hurt. If you don't completely trust your doctor maybe you could ask around for referrals. Your medical records can always be transferred. If you don't really want to change though make sure you go in armed and ready to voice any concerns you have. I forget things I meant to ask all the time, I've found that writing down the q's as they come up and bringing the list helps a lot. Just asking 'why' or 'what do you mean' can trigger more conversation too.

The odds are definitely with you next time around and as impossible as it may seem, try not to worry. Did they ever give you a reason as to how or why the premature labor might have happened? Maybe that would be a good place to start asking questions?

Keltic, hopefully the controlled diet is all that's needed to level out the blood sugars. As if we don't have enough to worry about, right?

Eveline, impatience on my part is definitely the biggest factor in making these last few weeks feel so long. Plus the worrying about how everything is going doesn't help. I guess it's just time to take a big breath and take every day as it comes!

AOS

09/26/06: Case Status says interview has been canceled............What interview????

12/14/06: AOS approval pending renewal of Biometrics....Waiting on appt. for ASC!

Will this ever end????

02/03/07: Everything complete at our end! Apparently my case file is under somebodys wobbly table leg.

02/27/07: Approval notice finally received by e-mail.....only 641 days!! 1 yr 9 mths!

IM000979.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Marilyn, first of all, I'm sorry you had to get through the due day, I imagine it wasn't easy for you both. It is good to see you planning for the future. Noah will always be your first born and have a special place in your hearts.

As for the bleeding, everyone is bound to be different and I think as long as there were no large blood clots, you are probably ok, maybe another check up wouldn't hurt. If you don't completely trust your doctor maybe you could ask around for referrals. Your medical records can always be transferred. If you don't really want to change though make sure you go in armed and ready to voice any concerns you have. I forget things I meant to ask all the time, I've found that writing down the q's as they come up and bringing the list helps a lot. Just asking 'why' or 'what do you mean' can trigger more conversation too.

The odds are definitely with you next time around and as impossible as it may seem, try not to worry. Did they ever give you a reason as to how or why the premature labor might have happened? Maybe that would be a good place to start asking questions?

Keltic, hopefully the controlled diet is all that's needed to level out the blood sugars. As if we don't have enough to worry about, right?

Eveline, impatience on my part is definitely the biggest factor in making these last few weeks feel so long. Plus the worrying about how everything is going doesn't help. I guess it's just time to take a big breath and take every day as it comes!

I have another check up at 6 months which will be in April....

when I went for my 4 week check-up, the doctor mentioned that my placenta had been infected and that might have been the reason I went into premature labour....

I do trust this doctor... I am just kind of a shy person myself and it being my first pregnancy I wasn't sure what to ask .. this time around I will know to ask questions.... I know they will answer any question I have... they are all really nice there....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Well that's good that you had at least some of your questions answered. I think having a reason for why the premature birth may have happened should be somewhat of a relief. At least you know there shouldn't be big odds of it happening again. I think there is nothing worse than being told that sometimes these things just happen!

The second time around will be scary though, especially until you get past the point at which Noah was born. I miscarried a few years ago and until I got past 12 weeks this time I still looked at heavily pregnant women at the docs office with a kind of resentment. Kinda weird to explain, but I guess it was just fear. At least you will be monitered closely and maybe you will be more likely to go and have worries checked out rather than to just wait and see. I think I would anyway. It's so hard to know what's normal first time around. Either way, best of luck if you do decide to go ahead and good luck at the checkup!

AOS

Will this ever end????

IM000979.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Korea
Timeline

I had 2 baby showers this past weekend. Talk about awful weather for people to travel to a baby shower though! In Michigan it has been in the negatives since last Friday and the wind was blowing lake effect snow all over the place. Some people arrived at the shower with white knuckles from gripping the sterring wheel!

I'm going to the doctor once a week these days. It's kind of a hassle to go so much, but I'm happy to hear those heartbeats each time. These little kiddos need to hang in there for about 5 more weeks. I'm not mentally prepared for them to arrive yet--and I'm definitely not prepared in terms of washing their little clothes, etc.

Kristi

Kristi and Seung-ho (U.S. / S. Korea)

.png

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Greetings and good evening everyone (F),

Hubby and I have been back and forth on this for months now, and we've decided that we will soon start trying to conceive. I've been on the pills for about a year and half continuously, but stopped over the weekend and started taking prenatals, per docs orders.

Wishing you all positive vibes!

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

CO-SLEEPERS

from the website

The Arm's Reach® Co-Sleeper® family of products allow parents to sleep beside their infants, enhancing the bonding process and allowing for more comfortable caregiving, and is recommended by leading pediatricians and sleep research experts.

The Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper® Bassinet is a unique creation that began with a mother and father's need for a safe sleeping environment for their child. They, like many parents, had rediscovered the benefits of co-sleeping with their infants - increased bonding, ease of feeding and a greater sense of closeness - yet were concerned modern beds weren't appropriate for a baby's space. They solved this problem by placing the child at the side of the bed - literally within arm's reach! Their result is a wonderful series of bassinets that keep babies close to their parents during the important early months of development.

"Besides enhancing bonding between parents and their baby, the Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper® provides night-time security that benefits a growing baby's emotional development," says Doctor William Sears, Associate Clinical Professor of Pediatrics at the University of California, Irvine, School of Medicine and author of over one dozen guides including The Baby Book. "Sleeping within arm's reach makes night feedings easier. It is also contemporary. Sleeping close to their infant allows parents to make up for missed touch time during the day and to reconnect with their baby at night."

Doctor James J. McKenna, Ph.D. Professor of Biological Anthropology and Director of the Mother-Baby Sleep Laboratory University of Notre Dame, agrees. "I believe that [Arm's Reach has] created an important way of making it possible for babies to receive the kind of nighttime care we all take for granted as being needed for babies during the night."

cosleeper_2.jpg

blue_dot_teaser.jpg

with canopy attachment for outside use

canopy_mini_natural.jpg

Anyone use these? Reviews or comments?

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

Welcome Jonesie, good luck making the baby...or - as I have read in other posts - DOING LAUNDRY...haha.

We cannot use a cosleeper cause we don't have enough room in our bedroom to put one in but I think I would have used one if there was enough room.

02/12/2009 - APPROVED