lotieganda

Beginning the journey for a K1 VISA

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I heard this place was one of the greatest alternatives in getting a lawyer.

Well just so you could know more about me a bit, here's a summary of my case.

If anyone can help throughout the whole process, I will appreciate it greatly.

Me and my boyfriend met when i went back to the Philippines for higschool; we have been together since(2002). Then i came back to the united states again for my college degree(2004). After graduating, I went back to the philippines again and stayed there for about 11months(2008-2009). I recently got back from the PI last month and now beginning my journey for filing a fiance visa.

I am still in the process of gathering all the needed documents and information needed to send with the I-129 Form. I really want to make it precise and accurate so as not having be delayed. i want to take this step by step and since economy is so bad here in america, the most recent job I have now is working as a cashier at wendys working $8 an hour and i work 30 hours a week.

I know it in my heart that this is what i need to do and i envy all those who have already passed and got their visa. i hope someday i'll be also rejoicing in your glory for my own.

thank you so much for time regarding this matter..

If any information can be give, i would much be in debt to your gratitude. :star:

"So many nights I'm away from you...

are you sittin' at home, while i'm feeling so lonely...

can't understand why I feel for you...

Could I be here to love? cuz' its drivin' me crazy...

.....you're far away...." (0_O)

ticker.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was the one who assembled our I29-F package,i just followed the K1 Guide,we were approved after 4mos without any RFE.you can always ask questions here and we will be glad to help you out.

good luck on your journey and welcome to vj :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yep, there is not much to say now except good luck on your journey and welcome to VJ. You are more than welcome to ask any specific questions, but if you follow the guides here, look at the example forms, read the threads and post any questions you should be fine!

Yep, there is not much to say now except good luck on your journey and welcome to VJ. You are more than welcome to ask any specific questions, but if you follow the guides here, look at the example forms, read the threads and post any questions you should be fine!

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 25, 2013 --Qualified for Citizenship!

October 12, 2017 --Electronically filed

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

October 31, 2017 --Biometrics Appointment -ATL

ROC

April 5, 2012 --Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

May 21, 2012 --Biometric Appointment at ATL office

December 12, 2012 --10 year Green Card in hand

DCF Process

October 10, 2009 --Married in São Paulo

January 14, 2010 --Filed I-130 at São Paulo Consulate for DCF

May 17, 2010 --VISA IN HAND!

June 24, 2010 --POE in Atlanta

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi everyone,

Me and my boyfriend met when i went back to the Philippines for higschool; we have been together since(2002). Then i came back to the united states again for my college degree(2004). After graduating, I went back to the philippines again and stayed there for about 11months(2008-2009). I recently got back from the PI last month and now beginning my journey for filing a fiance visa.

I am still in the process of gathering all the needed documents and information needed to send with the I-129 Form. I really want to make it precise and accurate so as not having be delayed. i want to take this step by step and since economy is so bad here in america, the most recent job I have now is working as a cashier at wendys working $8 an hour and i work 30 hours a week.

I know it in my heart that this is what i need to do and i envy all those who have already passed and got their visa. i hope someday i'll be also rejoicing in your glory for my own.

If any information can be give, i would much be in debt to your gratitude. :star:

The way it works here is you carefully study the guides (Click on "guides" at the top of any page here.) and the form instructions, then ask remaining questions. The person(s) who know the answer(s) will help you as needed. This is not the place you come to find a personal visa consultant.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hi everyone,

Yes it is a great site. Pushbrk nailed the purpose and intent.

I presume you are a US citizen? You must be a US citizen to petition a fiance(e) and just to give you a head's up, the job and income you have now will not meet the guidelines for the affidavit of support, but that is no tuntil some months down the road and I think you will be able to secure something better by then. You do not submit the affidavit with the petition (I-129f)

Good luck

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey there. Most people here at VJ will be more than happy to help and assist you in any way they can. Just follow the K1 visa guide and flow chart located here. Make sure to check, double check then check everything again before you send your 129 off and if you have any questions during the process just ask. As I said before, most of the people here at VJ are great and will be happy to help you if they can. I know I will. God bless and good luck on your visa journey. Mike

IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION ITS THE JOURNEY...AND WHAT A JOURNEY IT HAS BEEN

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hi everyone,

i want to take this step by step and since economy is so bad here in america, the most recent job I have now is working as a cashier at wendys working $8 an hour and i work 30 hours a week.

Is this going to be an issue come Consulate Interview? Generally the US Petitioner has to have an income of over $18,500 to support a household of two. You may want to seek a second job in order to fulfill this requirement for the I-134 and I-864 Affidavits of Support.

All the best during the journey.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Or get a co-sponsor. That's an option too and one that a lot of us use!

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 25, 2013 --Qualified for Citizenship!

October 12, 2017 --Electronically filed

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

October 31, 2017 --Biometrics Appointment -ATL

ROC

April 5, 2012 --Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

May 21, 2012 --Biometric Appointment at ATL office

December 12, 2012 --10 year Green Card in hand

DCF Process

October 10, 2009 --Married in São Paulo

January 14, 2010 --Filed I-130 at São Paulo Consulate for DCF

May 17, 2010 --VISA IN HAND!

June 24, 2010 --POE in Atlanta

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Or get a co-sponsor. That's an option too and one that a lot of us use!

For the Philippines and a K1 visa, a better job is probably critical. Manila sometimes declines to accept a co-sponsor for K visas.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Niue
Timeline
Hi everyone,

<snip>

I hired an attorney but so far all the firm has done is complete the forms. A friend who did his own said the various government agencies will contact you if something is missing.

This website is aptly named because it is a journey to navigate through the immigration/visa maze.

Best of luck to you and congratulations!!

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Guangzhou, China

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-01

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-02-28

NVC Left : 2009-03-17

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-15

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-23

Packet 4 Received : 2009-07-24

Interview Date : 2009-08-06

Visa Received : 2009-08-11

US Entry : 2009-10-06 San Francisco

Marriage : 2009-10-15 Sacramento

I-130 Submitted : 2009-11-03

I-485 Submitted : 2009-11-03

I-130 NOA : 2009-11-09

I-485 NOA : 2009-11-09

Hi everyone,

can i ask your annual salary? if it's 125% above poverty level your safe when u give your affidavit of support to your fiance during his application and interview... when u petition ur fiance u cant use co sponsor.. just like what happened to my relative... but when it comes to evidences of genuine relationship your safe

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.