5,125 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

Good morning everyone. We have the termite inspection guy coming this morning. It's the mandatory yearly inspection where they have to go through every part of the house. There are bait traps around the perimeter of the property that get checked regularly throughout the year, but this is the one where they come in. I guess I'd better go get dressed. :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Good morning everyone. We have the termite inspection guy coming this morning. It's the mandatory yearly inspection where they have to go through every part of the house. There are bait traps around the perimeter of the property that get checked regularly throughout the year, but this is the one where they come in. I guess I'd better go get dressed. :lol:

Egads, get dressed krikit! So it's mandatory because of your HOA?

Good morning all!

Timeline

Oh and I did email the guy who is possibly interested in me doing some web development for him. Told him that he could call me Monday if he likes. Then I emailed the woman I used to work with and said thanks for putting my name forward.

Now she emails me back that she was on a search for me - now she wants my phone number lol

I mean I will talk with the guy on Monday - see what he has to say and if I am interested, which I probably won't be, I will let him know my parameters - ie: I don't do meetings, I don't travel and I only telecommute.

No. It's our choice to have termite protection. Makes things a whole lot easier when it comes to sell. Plus it protects the house. If we ever do get termites (which I doubt we will) the termite protection company is liable for the cost of the repairs. That's why they have to do the yearly internal inspection. He's up in the attic right now. lol

Ask her if she wants your phone number to arrange payment of your invoice. :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline

No. It's our choice to have termite protection. Makes things a whole lot easier when it comes to sell. Plus it protects the house. If we ever do get termites (which I doubt we will) the termite protection company is liable for the cost of the repairs. That's why they have to do the yearly internal inspection. He's up in the attic right now. lol

Ask her if she wants your phone number to arrange payment of your invoice. :lol:

Isn't it funny that someone can just like ignore that?? I should clarify that she did pay the previous invoices and the last invoice was not huge, but still!

The other thing with this person, she is so fake! She is the fakest person I have ever met in my life - and I have met a few. Plus she talks a lot! She is a marketing person, she is actually very successful in her work. I'm not sure if it's because she wears people down with her talking or because they buy the fakeness.

Timeline

Well I ended up speaking to that guy about his website today.

Basically they are a smallish (200 or so consultants) party plan - food company - dips etc - you know the kind - based in Manitoba. So they have this rinky dink little website that a friend did for them 4 years ago, but now they are expanding and want something new and shiney.

After he told me what they want (which is a very complicated website with links to their consultants downlines - with figures etc i'm sure) I basically told him I am not interested - because they actually want someone to build the website - I told him I don't do that anymore - I only consult. :lol:

He was very nice anyway.

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So today, Joe and I drove to Atlanta to meet up with BermyCat and Mr BermyCat and Canadian_Wife and Canadian_Wife's husband for a late lunch at a New York Style Pizza place they recommended. We've met the BerrmyCats before but this was the first time to meet Canadian_Wife and hubby. We had a great time! The food was excellent (it's true - their pizzas are closer to Canadian style than the thin cardboard with a little tomato paste on top of most American pizzas) - we just finished the left overs from our large Gourmet pizza for dinner, and it was so much fun to sit and chat and compare notes about life and experiences in Canada and the US. Canadian_Wife and her husband are super nice - and we already knew BermyCat and her husband were as well :) . We also discussed a little bit more about plans for an Atlanta VJer get together which while started by the Canadian/American couples will be open to all VJers. Hopefully we will have more information about that soon! Thanks again, Y'all (hehehe - inside joke!).

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

We had a great time too with the BermyCats and Kathryn41 and her husband. It was great to get to know some ex-pats and talk with people who have the same accent as I do (anyone in Georgia knows who different the Canadian accent is to the Southern drawl).

I'm looking forward to the next time

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Timeline

Sounds like a nice dinner!

Good morning all. Think we will go do a bit of grocery shopping today, just for some vegetables etc.

Tomorrow my Husband is taking our truck in to get automatic daytime running lights installed - it's a requirement when importing a vehicle in to Canada.

Last night we went to a wine tasting and had a fabulous time! Met soooooo many fun and interesting people. And now I'm signed up for a yoga class where they have wine and appies afterwards, so I have to bring snacks! :lol: I couldn't figure out why it was 3 hours long until they told me it's a social group also. Crazy ladies. LOL

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so this Saturday there is going to be a big Birthday Bash for my hubby, his brother and his brother's girlfriend.. their Birthdays are all next to each other.. brother's on the 18th, hubby's on the 19th and the girlfriend's is on the 20...

they told us about this party awhile back and originally it was just going to be for the brother and his gf but then I said well, there is someone else who has a Birthday around that time too and they thought for a minute and said oh yeah David's Birthday is around then too so now fast forward a few weeks later and the party is now for David too :lol:

so anyways I just found out today that the theme for the party is animal print (the GF likes to have theme parties :P).. she is encouraging all the women to wear animal print.. I don't have a anything with animal print... hmmm, I just thought of something. I don't really want to buy an animal print shirt but maybe I could get a scarf that has animal print...

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Marilyn - you could always do cut out cat paw prints or dog prints and pin them on your top or up the sides of your pants or dress . . . hehe if we were closer I could lend you my t-shirt that has cat prints all over it and the phrase 'My cat walks all over me" on the back! :luv:

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

Timeline

So we had a surprise this morning. The feral cat who has figured out that we feed the stray in the morning has been showing up the last few mornings. This is the one whose kittens were killed last Spring. Well, this morning there were two older kittens with her! The unusual thing is that the two kittens couldn't be more dissimilar. One appears to be about 4 months old and is identical to the mother - long, lean and black and white in the same tuxedo pattern. The other kitten is half the size of the larger kitten and obviously has a siamese father! The colour is siamese fawn coat with dark brown ears, mask, tail and legs, but the face has a white strip on the nose, the chest is white and the kitten has white paws as well. The black and white kitten's eyes are green while the Siamese type kitten's eyes are blue - and I don't know if they are blue because of the Siamese genetics or because they haven't changed colour yet. The kitten may be as old as 10 weeks based on size but it is so hard to tell. They may be litter mates which may make them both around 14 to 16 weeks old - or it may be that they are from two different litters - one kitten from each with the mother getting pregnant almost immediately after giving birth to the older/larger kitten. The kittens are definitely feral and not used to other cats either - they are hissing at Smokey, the stray, who has been living on the front porch. They act like siblings. Of course, this is the feral mother cat I was hoping to get spayed this week - now I am not sure if I want to separate her from the kittens for the necessary 3 days of surgery/recovery or not. I have to figure out what to do about them too - I don't want to keep feeding them on the porch, but they obviously haven't been to the feral feeding station so she has had them somewhere else.

The little siamese kitten, btw, is absolutely beautiful. I have never seen a Siamese cat in the neighbourhood, so I have no idea where she found the father.

Edited by Kathryn41

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.