Mephys

Nervous breakdown / Burnout

60 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Everyone has great advice, and theres nothing more that I could add but wanted say take care of yourself.

And HUGS to all

Danielle

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to everyone, like I said and I am saying it again, all your words mean a lot to me and I am taking all of it seriously.

I'm gonna start job hunting again, but this time no need to take the first opportunity, I will screen a little bit more, specially if it ends up being another animal hospital.

Not being a 24 hours place is gonna be a big plus, no need to work later or holidays, and it should reduce the trouble about the schedule a lot.

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

First, I'd like to give you credit for working where you do. I worked at an animal hospital & could not imagine working at a 24hr one. I don't think it would be easy working at a 24hr clinic.

Like others on here have already mentioned, $$ isn't everything & you have to put yourself FIRST! You could be making all the money in the world, but if it's affecting your health & your relationship with your husband...is it REALLY worth it?

I still work with animals(its all I know...been working with them since I got out of high school, 11yrs). But I am considering a career change. I'm grateful that I like my job & work with an awesome person. But, I think its time for me to do something else...something else I like. Find something you like to do & see if there's a career in it.

I know its hard at times, but don't let issues in life get in the way or change things between you & your husband.

Take care in whatever you decide to do!

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Great thread....good support.

I read your story and it reminded me of myself... I had a similar time in my life where my job was so bad that it created physical stress and sickness for me.... The hard part is that when leaving ur job is not an option. for me, my fiance was very supportive. I opted to walk away from a career I was in for 14 years. It was the single best decision I have ever made... It changed my life and my health.

I also had a very rough time towards the end of my K1....stress with interview etc.... I was near my breaking point...and even though my fiance was supportive... it made things hard between us for a while.

Your health comes first.... and many times negative people in your world try and bring you down.... have the strength to try and not allow their toxicity affect your inner strength.

I hope things get better for you.... :)

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Quick update:

So I went to work today, got 20 min late because of traffic :wacko: but anyways

I scheduled 9 days of vacation at the end of July :P

And for 2 hours this afternoon I was trying to keep myself busy, restocking the 8 consultation rooms with paper rolls ( that's 10 boxes to bring up front and unpacked) and everytime I went in the back there was 4 girls sitting in the lunch room that were clocked in..... :bonk:

/sigh

So I decided to go outside and tan while cleaning the outside runs with the hose for about 30 min :P

And that lazy ###### that always leaves early was kinda busy when I clocked out at 5:00pm (she always leaves at 4:53pm because you can clock 7 min before or after and it's still count as the hour) and she gave me the evil eyes because I left before her!!! AMG :hehe:

Quick update:

So I went to work today, got 20 min late because of traffic :wacko: but anyways

I scheduled 9 days of vacation at the end of July :P

And for 2 hours this afternoon I was trying to keep myself busy, restocking the 8 consultation rooms with paper rolls ( that's 10 boxes to bring up front and unpacked) and everytime I went in the back there was 4 girls sitting in the lunch room that were clocked in..... :bonk:

/sigh

So I decided to go outside and tan while cleaning the outside runs with the hose for about 30 min :P

And that lazy ###### that always leaves early was kinda busy when I clocked out at 5:00pm (she always leaves at 4:53pm because you can clock 7 min before or after and it's still count as the hour) and she gave me the evil eyes because I left before her!!! AMG :hehe:

Good for you!!!! You sound in better spirits!!!! Keep your chin up and do what makes you happy! :)

N-400 Citizenship

Filed: Timeline

That's awesome. :lol:

What does AMG mean? :unsure:

iagree.gif

Good to hear that you are doing better Mephys!! I hope that you are taking it easier and getting some rest!

I don't mean to hijack your thread, I also have been experiencing some stress, and as posted in the OT thread I had my physical yesterday and my doctor was worried about me, saying I looked pale. Shift work has been taking alot out of me, I am fatigued and have no energy,living with 3 other people in the house with opposite schedules, plus planning a wedding and an impending move, and 3-4 months of unemployment after the POE and filing for AOS. Everyone gets a little flutter of the heart every now and then or feel like your heart "skipped a beat", but yesterday afternoon after waking up and having an argument with a member of my household with an emotional reaction I started having heart palpitations, tightness that lasted a few seconds and some chest pain. Spent the rest of the afternoon balling my eyes out and realized I need to take some time for myself and slow down. Been crying off an on all this afternoon as well. I guess you could call it anxiety as well, I always feel tense, I thought it would go away after the visa stuff was taken care of, I never thought what is coming up in the next few months would be the most stressful part, leaving family, friends, job, plus everything else on my plate.

Its been affecting my relationship with my fiance, he has been noticing just how overtired and stressed I have become, but feels helpless because he is 15 hours away and can't make any of it any better. He has been supportive, he just can only take so much talk about the wedding, especially because we have been dealing with issues with our families, we were reading to throw our hands up in the air and say you guys have your own wedding, we won't be there!!!! He's got alot on his plate too with work and has been studying for a certification exam for about 2 months now, on top of working long hours. Let's face it ladies...lots of guys just aren't interested in wedding planning...unless it has to do with food and music, then all the details are done by the bride. Who's shoulders does that fall on....*sigh*

Anyways, so I have to fast for my bloodwork tomorrow and I called the doctor today about what happened yesterday, his nurse called back to say if it happens again, go to the ER. Maybe if I was older and it has happened more than once he would have told me to go to the ER even though it happened yesterday...who knows...otherwise maybe he would have ordered an ECG that can be done at the lab where I get my bloodwork done.

Watched Oprah today and the show that was on resonated with me, it was about overwhelmed mothers, well they also talked about its not just mothers these days that are feeling that way, more expectations, more responsibilities...the list goes on and on.

Mephys I hope you are feeling better, I am in the same boat! These 5 days off are going to be some major R & R. Its good to know that we are not the only going through this or have gone through it! Take care of yourself! (F)

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

What does AMG mean? :unsure:

more or less like OMG but say it in a goofy way :P

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

how to tell if you are really stressed out.........

AmIgonnahavetochokeab1tch.jpg

ashamed.gif

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Good to hear that you are doing better Mephys!! I hope that you are taking it easier and getting some rest!

I don't mean to hijack your thread, I also have been experiencing some stress, and as posted in the OT thread I had my physical yesterday and my doctor was worried about me, saying I looked pale. Shift work has been taking alot out of me, I am fatigued and have no energy,living with 3 other people in the house with opposite schedules, plus planning a wedding and an impending move, and 3-4 months of unemployment after the POE and filing for AOS. Everyone gets a little flutter of the heart every now and then or feel like your heart "skipped a beat", but yesterday afternoon after waking up and having an argument with a member of my household with an emotional reaction I started having heart palpitations, tightness that lasted a few seconds and some chest pain. Spent the rest of the afternoon balling my eyes out and realized I need to take some time for myself and slow down. Been crying off an on all this afternoon as well. I guess you could call it anxiety as well, I always feel tense, I thought it would go away after the visa stuff was taken care of, I never thought what is coming up in the next few months would be the most stressful part, leaving family, friends, job, plus everything else on my plate.

Its been affecting my relationship with my fiance, he has been noticing just how overtired and stressed I have become, but feels helpless because he is 15 hours away and can't make any of it any better. He has been supportive, he just can only take so much talk about the wedding, especially because we have been dealing with issues with our families, we were reading to throw our hands up in the air and say you guys have your own wedding, we won't be there!!!! He's got alot on his plate too with work and has been studying for a certification exam for about 2 months now, on top of working long hours. Let's face it ladies...lots of guys just aren't interested in wedding planning...unless it has to do with food and music, then all the details are done by the bride. Who's shoulders does that fall on....*sigh*

Anyways, so I have to fast for my bloodwork tomorrow and I called the doctor today about what happened yesterday, his nurse called back to say if it happens again, go to the ER. Maybe if I was older and it has happened more than once he would have told me to go to the ER even though it happened yesterday...who knows...otherwise maybe he would have ordered an ECG that can be done at the lab where I get my bloodwork done.

Watched Oprah today and the show that was on resonated with me, it was about overwhelmed mothers, well they also talked about its not just mothers these days that are feeling that way, more expectations, more responsibilities...the list goes on and on.

Mephys I hope you are feeling better, I am in the same boat! These 5 days off are going to be some major R & R. Its good to know that we are not the only going through this or have gone through it! Take care of yourself! (F)

Awww gilr...hang in there...The symptoms you describe could all be linked to a 'panic' or 'anxiety' attack I had it so bad, I was convinced I was dying from heart problems...I had them run ECG, EKG's...stress test, ultra sound on the heart...u name it....it took me a while to believe such strong physical symptoms could be caused by stress....

I also got very 'unstable' lol the last couple of months before the move and it caused strain on our relationship...he too was frustrated that he was far and everything was out of his control.....hang in there...I used to fight with everyone I lived with in the end too...it gets better!

Keep your eye on the prize....don't lose focus....don't waiver....it's so worth it in the end....deep breath.... def follow up with Dr's....make sure it's only stress and then try and take it easy :)

N-400 Citizenship

Thanks ladies! I sure hope I can get some uninterrupted R & R this weekend.

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.