Dermi

CSC working in random patterns?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

we have followed this forum and the list (Igor's) since filing for I-129f with our receipt date being 2-24-09. Is CSC processing in random formation or how come the list shows approvals of May filers next to Febuary filers? Also, they claim to take 5 months, yet amajority of cases now are March cases. Does that mean we have been skipped? Anyone else with an NOA1 of February or earlier left? Very mysterious!

Edited by Dermi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

If you accept the chaos that is USCIS for what it is, it might (might) help you keep a little bit of your sanity. Unfortunately, from what I understand, the cases are divided into batches and each batch assigned to an agent for review. You could be the lucky one that got someone slow, new, or on vacation/sick leave for a few weeks.

Try to remain calm, you should be right there.

:time:

Hi,

we have followed this forum and the list (Igor's) since filing for I-129f with our receipt date being 2-24-09. Is CSC processing in random formation or how come the list shows approvals of May filers next to Febuary filers? Also, they claim to take 5 months, yet amajority of cases now are March cases. Does that mean we have been skipped? Anyone else with an NOA1 of February or earlier left? Very mysterious!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

K1's approved this week on Igor's list

CSC 2

VSC 15

#######? CSC take the week off for the holiday? I am happy to see the VSC back on track.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hi,

You visa application may not be at the CSC. CSC also sends them to the field office to work on.....

and it will make you nut trying to understand WHY this and WHY that. I am just waiting 5 months and then go NUT.....

Edited by John & Nan

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
starting to get worried. Is the "5 months" they claim binding? We have waited longer than that. Anyone else with an NOA before February 28 left?

<-----

Please fill in your timeline. It is the only way you can contribute to Igor's list.

USCIS

2008/07/29 - Marriage

2008/08/23 - I-130 sent

2008/08/25 - Delivered @ Chicago

2008/08/28 - NOA1 (VSC)

2008/12/11 - We moved to Israel

2008/12/22 - Case tranfered to CSC

2009/01/13 - NOA2 approval

~143 days for first I-130~

Case is stuck at USCIS, they are expecting us to adjust status in the US. Will refile I-130 instead of I-824

2009/06/28 - Withdrawal letter sent for prior I-130

2009/06/28 - I-130 sent

2009/06/30 - Delivered @ Chicago

2009/07/02 - NOA1 (CSC)

2009/07/06 - Check cashed

2009/07/12 - Hard copy NOA1 received

2009/08/12 - Received confirmation of withdrawal for prior I-130

2009/08/28 - NOA2 Approval

~58 days for second I-130~

NVC

2009/09/14 - NVC received and case# assigned

2009/09/17 - DS-3032 and AOS fee bill generated

2009/09/20 - Emailed DS-3032

2009/09/20 - Paid AOS fee bill online

2009/10/06 - DS-3032 accepted and IV fee bill generated

2009/10/09 - Paid IV fee bill online

2009/10/13 - IV fee payment processed

2009/10/18 - I moved to US ahead of my wife

2009/11/06 - Finally got joint sponsor paperwork mailed

2009/11/09 - DS-230 and I-864 delivered

2009/11/16 - Documents received, per AVR

2009/11/27 - RFE - doh!

2009/12/08 - RFE package delivered

2009/12/21 - Sign in FAILED!

2009/12/22 - Case COMPLETE per AVR

~98 days to get through NVC~

Embassy - Jerusalem

2009/12/28 - Appointment Letter

2010/2/25 - Interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I'd love to walk into CSC and see where the files are stored. I wonder if it would be organized with movable shelves on tracks or if its really ghetto with files thrown in labeled boxes.

they are rubber banded together in shopping carts... :rofl:

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.