• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good afternoon MENA and happy Thursday to you! :star:

I just had my first experience with threading and halawa. The threading was great, the halawa, not so much. I had her stop after about 15 seconds. Which doesn't sound like long until you have someone pressing a ball of sugar wax around on your arms and yanking the hair out. Ouch.

Wax please, much nicer and the pain isn't prolonged like with the halawa. :P

Hubby will be thrilled with the bruises she left on my arm as well. :rolleyes:

Even if a professional salon here is more expensive, I guess that will be my next stop when I need something done.

Hubby found a net for my/our bed yesterday. :luv::dance::wub: It worked wonderfully last night. Sakes alive I love that man. :lol:

If anyone is interested in getting one, let me know and I can ask hubby where he got it. It was only like 33 pounds or something. Well worth it for a night of mosquito free sleep and also with no chemicals.

Tasha I was happy to read Malek got his cast off. I hope he's healed up nicely. Hope other things are going well for you too. :star:

Amanda, congrats on the visa. I hope your stress level will come down now. lol

IHaveQuestions, sorry if I seemed testy about my reply in the "what to bring to Egypt thread", but I guess we just have different ways of dealing with things. I prefer to go in prepared with anything I might need. Maybe I'm a control freak. :lol: Anyways, I didn't mean to be testy, I just prefer my way, and you prefer yours. (F) What is the boy scout motto? Be prepared? lol. That's me. :D

Everyone, have a wonderful day. One more day til Friday. Yipppeeeee!!!!

Edited by Melly 2

Living with hubby in Egypt, at last.

Good morning Melly & thanks. :)

So I am trying to figure out what the status of "shipment on hold" means on the aramex website. The embassy gave my hubby the tracking number for aramex when he left on Monday & the status of the shipment of his visa says shipment on hold both on 6/16/09 & 6/18/09. Could it be that they just didn't ship it yet??? Anyone know if the US Embassies (that doesn't look right) in the Middle East go by American schedule (closed Sat & Sun) or do they observe the Muslim holy day of Friday and not work that day?? Hubby told me to calm down, he will get the visa soon, but I am so ready to be done with all these different waiting steps!!! :whistle:

I am still very excited by the way!! :dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Morning my MENA peeps :dance: ! I didn't sleep well last night, so I had to use sugar AND coffee to wake up this morning. It's going to be a LONG day :wacko: !! Enjoy your day everyone!

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Ok...so I called Aramex to get clarification on what the status of shipment on hold meant...the lady told me our package has not left the embassy yet and we can check back in 2 hours because the shipments leave the embassy in Jordan at 6:30 pm local time. If it doesn't go out today, then I can check back on Sunday as the embassy is closed on Friday & Saturday. Finally glad I can call someone about something and get a straight answer instead of a programmed response!! :thumbs:

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Amanda, it's a good thing you weren't going through Cairo. You'd still be waiting on that visa for some months in all likelihood. lol

I can't imagine the amount of anxiety meds you'd go through waiting for that! :wacko:

Anyways, nice that you won't have to wait too long.

:star:

Living with hubby in Egypt, at last.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.