Waitingpatiently

Is it possible for a petition to be lost while in transit to NVC?

13 posts in this topic

I've been waiting about 2.5 weeks for a notice from NVC.. I called NVC this morning and said we have nothing showing in the system and she said it is still in transit probably... it can take up to 2-4 weeks or 90 days? Does anyone know if it's possible that they lost the petition while in transit?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I've been waiting about 2.5 weeks for a notice from NVC.. I called NVC this morning and said we have nothing showing in the system and she said it is still in transit probably... it can take up to 2-4 weeks or 90 days? Does anyone know if it's possible that they lost the petition while in transit?

It would take 2-4 weeks, calling them at this time is I guess too early. Wait for 4 weeks then try calling them again. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I've seen people whose petition took almost 12 weeks to get to the NVC, it's not common but it has happened. I've also heard of petitions getting lost but that is actually pretty rare, but again, it does happen.

Keep calling them weekly until they tell you that they have received it.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Short answer is yes, it can get lost, it has happened.

BUT, it can sometimes take a long time until it shows up in the system or until NVC has information on the case, 2.5 weeks is still rather soon to consider it lost.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

they can get misfiled.... if they put them in the wrong mailing it can (and has) gone off to the permanent storage facility instead of NVC. They likely will not do a service request to look for a misplaced file until it has gone "missing" for several months... this happened to a dozen or so members from CSC in late December

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
THANK YOU EVERYONEE.... i feel a bit more relaxed now... i hope the feeling stays with me for another 2 weeks lol

ok payxiba, you just brought that feeling down now ....

my k1 petition got sent to the NRC (national records center) instead of NVC. It sat there without anyone knowing for over 2 months. it was not until i got in contact with my congressman office that they were able to locate it and they had to send it back to uscis, then to nvc. i know of 2 other ppl on this site that this same thing has happen too. it delayed our k1 visa in total of about 3 months.

gl

THANK YOU EVERYONEE.... i feel a bit more relaxed now... i hope the feeling stays with me for another 2 weeks lol

my k1 petition got sent to the NRC (national records center) instead of NVC. It sat there without anyone knowing for over 2 months. it was not until i got in contact with my congressman office that they were able to locate it and they had to send it back to uscis, then to nvc. i know of 2 other ppl on this site that this same thing has happen too. it delayed our k1 visa in total of about 3 months.

gl

wow, OMG that IS scary :(

i prAY ours wont have any probs or delays... coz my boo's senator  doesnt do a lot of help :( we tried emailing their office in hopes for an expedite of someething and they sent us a forwarded msg about veterans..totally useless info   :blink:   :angry:    :wacko:

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

Timeline

gl

i prAY ours wont have any probs or delays... coz my boo's senator  doesnt do a lot of help :( we tried emailing their office in hopes for an expedite of someething and they sent us a forwarded msg about veterans..totally useless info   :blink:   :angry:    :wacko:

This happened to us , in october of 08. if you get your noa2 , and a month goes by without nvc having it. i would start to check with congressman office and tell them noone can locate your petition you need there help

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i prAY ours wont have any probs or delays... coz my boo's senator  doesnt do a lot of help :(we tried emailing their office in hopes for an expedite of someething and they sent us a forwarded msg about veterans..totally useless info   :blink:   :angry:    :wacko:

Why is your senator automatically bad because they didn't break the rules for you!? Of course they sent you info about people in the military because THAT'S THE ONLY TYPE OF PERSON THAT QUALIFIES FOR EXPEDITED JOURNEYS. Seriously, why do people think they can jump the system. If there was a way to jump the system don't you think we'd all have figured it out by now!?

This is why some senators are no help. Because people send letters asking for help WHEN THEY DON'T NEED IT! And then, when you do (I hope you don't, but if you do!) they wont take you as seriously!

This happened to us , in october of 08. if you get your noa2 , and a month goes by without nvc having it. i would start to check with congressman office and tell them noone can locate your petition you need there help

Just for the record, I never received any type of confirmation whatsoever (no letter, no online status change at all) that my packet had moved from USCIS to NVC. I got the NOA2 and then about a month later I got the packet 3 from the consulate in London.

Edited by Marina-Del

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 25, 2013 --Qualified for Citizenship!

October 12, 2017 --Electronically filed

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

October 31, 2017 --Biometrics Appointment -ATL

ROC

April 5, 2012 --Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

May 21, 2012 --Biometric Appointment at ATL office

December 12, 2012 --10 year Green Card in hand

DCF Process

October 10, 2009 --Married in São Paulo

January 14, 2010 --Filed I-130 at São Paulo Consulate for DCF

May 17, 2010 --VISA IN HAND!

June 24, 2010 --POE in Atlanta

Sorry,, this has happened to you,,,

My K3 petition was approved on 5/13 (same date as the I-130), the K3 has not show up at NVC. It is now missing for 40 days.

Lucky the I-130 (CR1) is processing fine. Otherwise,,,, well you know how that is...

Regards,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.