Jan&Rachid

Helpful tips for after NOA2...

26 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Here are a couple of 'TIPS' I have used successfully recently. Just wanted to share with anyone who may need it. Good luck! ~Jan~

TIP #1: How to track your case from NVC to Embassy:

When you know from NVC that your case was forwarded to embassy (mm/dd/yyyy) lets take an example case that was forwarded to embassy on March 20th 2009.

1 ~ Go to DHL TRACK

2 ~ Under track list, click on Track By Reference

3 ~ Type the reference in this format: EXP19MAR2009A, below that enter a date range and click track.

4 ~ A list of packages will come up and you can search for the city of your Consulate and it will show details.

This worked for me and I was lucky that there was only 1 for Casablanca.

----------------------------------------------

TIP #2: You can track the progress of your case after NOA2 & it has gone to NVC and/or Embassy by calling the Department of State visa line at 202-663-1225 options 1, 4, 1, 5, 0. This will get you to an operator. (M-F 8:30AM - 5PM Eastern time) Give them your USCIS or Dept of State (NVC) case number and they will be able to tell you if the embassy has mailed Packet 3 or 4, the interview date, ect...

**This is how I found out our interview date even before my fiance' has received his letter in the mail!**

***Our personal time line***

04/27/2008 ~ We met

01/23/2009 ~ Sent I-129F

05/23/2009 ~ I-129F approved

07/09/2009 ~ His interview in Casa

07/24/2009 ~ Received Visa

08/12/2009 ~ Arrived in US!

09/25/2009 ~ Married!

10/30/2009 ~ Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

11/23/2009 ~ Received Biometrics appointment letter

12/08/2009 ~ Biometrics appointment

01/06/2010 ~ AOS case transferred to CSC (California Service Center)

01/07/2010 ~ AP approved

01/19/2010 ~ Recv'd Work Auth card in mail

02/24/2010 ~ AOS approved and card production began

03/01/2010 ~ Received Green Card in the mail

♥A man is not where he lives, but where he loves.♥ - Latin proverb-

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

hi

i a a lil confused because usis sent a letter to my fiance(petioner) on june 8, saying : that the state department s national visa center has recently received an approve I 129 f petition filled on behalf of your fiance.this letter is to let you know that within a week the petition will be fowarded to th appropriate visa issuing pos

where your visa interview will take place.... ect ect

so i don t understand how i can find the exact day the petition was or will be send to the ambassade in france...

been dating since june 1st 2007

dec-08 -officially engaged,i went back to France to apply for k1

2-11-09:noa1

3-06-09:My angel is visiting me

3-16-09:my angel is going back to the states

6-06-09: received NOA 2 HARDCOPY!!!!! ( notice date:-05-29-09)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
hi

i a a lil confused because usis sent a letter to my fiance(petioner) on june 8, saying : that the state department s national visa center has recently received an approve I 129 f petition filled on behalf of your fiance.this letter is to let you know that within a week the petition will be fowarded to th appropriate visa issuing pos

so i don t understand how i can find the exact day the petition was or will be send to the ambassade in france...

You have to call NVC to get the date they received/sent it out, and you need to speak to an operator there as well as K1s arent put into their automated system.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline
hi

You have to call NVC to get the date they received/sent it out, and you need to speak to an operator there as well as K1s arent put into their automated system.

oooo i see thanks, is it the number stated above??? sorry im a lil slow lol

Timeline

lol np the number is 603 334-0700 they are open Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 12:00 AM (EST)

I called yesterday and they hadn't gotten ours yet, can take upwards of about 2 weeks they say.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

thanks ill try monday

xoxo

Timeline

any time hun! :D

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks for the tips! :)

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Here are a couple of 'TIPS' I have used successfully recently. Just wanted to share with anyone who may need it. Good luck! ~Jan~

When you know from NVC that your case was forwarded to embassy (mm/dd/yyyy) lets take an example case that was forwarded to embassy on March 20th 2009.

1 ~ Go to DHL TRACK

3 ~ Type the reference in this format: EXP19MAR2009A, below that enter a date range and click track.

4 ~ A list of packages will come up and you can search for the city of your Consulate and it will show details.

TIP #2: You can track the progress of your case after NOA2 & it has gone to NVC and/or Embassy by calling the Department of State visa line at 202-663-1225 options 1, 4, 1, 5, 0. This will get you to an operator. (M-F 8:30AM - 5PM Eastern time) Give them your USCIS or Dept of State (NVC) case number and they will be able to tell you if the embassy has mailed Packet 3 or 4, the interview date, ect...

**This is how I found out our interview date even before my fiance' has received his letter in the mail!**

i'll be adding this page to my favorites on the computer so i can come back and use this info when our time comes, thanks for posting this!!! :star:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMvs4P_z7zs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMvs4P_z7zs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMvs4P_z7zs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

1.png

2.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

1 ~ Go to DHL TRACK

i'll be adding this page to my favorites on the computer so i can come back and use this info when our time comes, thanks for posting this!!! :star:

Not a problem! Once I found the information and used it for myself, I knew it would be helpful to others going through this journey as well. Good luck!! ~Jan~ :D

Edited by Jan&Rachid

***Our personal time line***

04/27/2008 ~ We met

01/23/2009 ~ Sent I-129F

05/23/2009 ~ I-129F approved

07/09/2009 ~ His interview in Casa

07/24/2009 ~ Received Visa

08/12/2009 ~ Arrived in US!

09/25/2009 ~ Married!

10/30/2009 ~ Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

11/23/2009 ~ Received Biometrics appointment letter

12/08/2009 ~ Biometrics appointment

01/06/2010 ~ AOS case transferred to CSC (California Service Center)

01/07/2010 ~ AP approved

01/19/2010 ~ Recv'd Work Auth card in mail

02/24/2010 ~ AOS approved and card production began

03/01/2010 ~ Received Green Card in the mail

♥A man is not where he lives, but where he loves.♥ - Latin proverb-

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I can't get this to work for me. I was informed by NVC that my case was sent out August 3rd. I entered it as EXP03AUG2009A Is this correct? I also tried the 2nd as in your example it showed a day earlier, but the 2nd was a Sunday. Please help knowing when my paperwork arrives will help me speed things along for the embassy I am working through. Thanks so much for the info.

1 ~ Go to DHL TRACK

Not a problem! Once I found the information and used it for myself, I knew it would be helpful to others going through this journey as well. Good luck!! ~Jan~ :D

Timeline
I can't get this to work for me. I was informed by NVC that my case was sent out August 3rd. I entered it as EXP03AUG2009A Is this correct? I also tried the 2nd as in your example it showed a day earlier, but the 2nd was a Sunday. Please help knowing when my paperwork arrives will help me speed things along for the embassy I am working through. Thanks so much for the info.

Try entering it as EXP 03Aug 2009A (or something like that; I don't remember exactly). Also try a date or two before/after your case was sent out.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline

Here is my consolidated list of tips:

1) 2 days after NOA2, starting calling NVC: 603-334-0700 press 1 then 5.

2) Once NVC has your case, they assign a new case #. Ask them what date they sent your file to the embassy & also for the NVC case #.

3) Once you know the date NVC sent off the file, track it at DHL's website: http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByRef.asp?nav=TrackByRef For the reference code, enter EXP 10 JUL 2009A (adjust using dates just before the date NVC told you), with a shipping range of that day to a few days later (July 13 - July 14 worked for the example above). Look for shipments to your beneficiary's embassy.

4) To find out if the embassy processed the packet, call the Dept of State before 5pm: 202-663-1225 press 1 then 0

5) You can also call the DoS to find out your interview date once you believe the embassy has scheduled it.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.