Magnolia31

I-751 petition question

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I was reading the N-400 instructions and I found this interesting.. I know it is a different form and all..

but it says to list all your children regardless of whether they are alive, missing ,dead, born in other countries or the US, married or unmarried, living with you or elsewhere etc...

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/N-400ins.pdf

wish the I-751 one form could be a bit more clear..

but I still think you should list all your children...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
i would include all you children as it does say "list all your children"..

but if your child as a A# and is a citizen too don't include the A#.. I think that was the problem someone else had on this board... they included the A# and that the child was a citizen

How were their children citizens with an A#? I'm lost and confused lol. My oldest was born in Texas in 2002 and my youngest was born in Illinois last year. They have never had an A#.

Since I had to send the petition off today, I included their names and put N/A in the field where it asks for their A#. On a separate sheet of paper I explained that my children are both American citizens. Hopefully that will do. If not, I did my best.

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*Came to visit me in Germany for New Years 2006

*Filed for K1 Visa on 4/4/06

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*I-129F NOA2 Approved - 9/14/06

*Came to see me Thanksgiving week in Nov. 2006

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*K1 Visa received - 2/11/07

*Date of US Entry (POE Chicago)- 3/5/07

*Wedding/Marriage - 3/17/07

AOS (My case was expedited due to husband going to Iraq):

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*Found out in the beginning of June that husband is going to Iraq

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

*Interview date - 7/11/07

*I-485 Aprroval date- 7/11/07

*Green Card Received- 7/19/07

Removal of Conditions:

*Filed petition to remove conditions on 6/9/09

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Biometrics Appt. in Birmingham - 8/6/09

*Lifting of Conditions Approval Date - 10/22/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Had our daughter on 4/4/08 and have another baby due 11/19/09!!!

Timeline
Do Not stress it, it will be fine, make sure to list them as Citizen where it asks you the status that it what I plan to do in 2 weeks :)

Hi! That is exactly what I did and even included a separate sheet of paper explaining that they are US citizens, etc. I hope it turns out okay lol.

Good luck to you with your application/petition! :)

I was reading the N-400 instructions and I found this interesting.. I know it is a different form and all..

but it says to list all your children regardless of whether they are alive, missing ,dead, born in other countries or the US, married or unmarried, living with you or elsewhere etc...

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/N-400ins.pdf

wish the I-751 one form could be a bit more clear..

but I still think you should list all your children...

Thank you! I went ahead and listed them. I had to mail the application off today and couldn't wait any longer. Hopefully it's okay. :)

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

Removal of Conditions:

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Timeline
Hi,

I put my child's name also on part 5 of the Form and he is a USC.. born here in AZ and I had no problem.Good luck on filing.

Thank you! That makes me feel a lot better!

036.jpg

Timeline:

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

Removal of Conditions:

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
i would include all you children as it does say "list all your children"..

but if your child as a A# and is a citizen too don't include the A#.. I think that was the problem someone else had on this board... they included the A# and that the child was a citizen

How were their children citizens with an A#? I'm lost and confused lol. My oldest was born in Texas in 2002 and my youngest was born in Illinois last year. They have never had an A#.

Since I had to send the petition off today, I included their names and put N/A in the field where it asks for their A#. On a separate sheet of paper I explained that my children are both American citizens. Hopefully that will do. If not, I did my best.

you know what I am not quite sure.. something about adoption.... I think the permanent resident legally adopted the USC's child

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Okay, thanks everyone for your recent replies but I have one more question as I am confused. In section 5 it states to list information about your children - list all your children.

My 2 children are both American citizens so am I supposed to leave that part blank or what should I put? I am assuming that this space is for people who have children who are also getting conditions lifted? Please help!

TY!

Magnolia, from everything I read, folks do include all children, although the I-751 directions are clear Section 5 is for children 'adjusting status with this petition' the language on the actual form is incorrect asking for 'all children.'

We put the names of my two USC children as well as the child we had together during the marriage, and included birth certificates for all to avoid any confusion by the USCIS adjudicator.

I have read where many people have included the names of their adult USC children without problems, and if you make it clear via inclusion of birth certificates, there should not be an issue.

Technically you are only to include children also using the I-751 Section 5 to also adjust their status, but since form itself does not read that way, feel free to include your USC children. Just include the birth certificates. Good luck! :thumbs:

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I guess here we go with another heated ( lol ) discussion. It says one thing, I interpret another. My children are also conditional residents but there window is 6 months after their dad. I will list all children and see if we happen to get an RFE and will let everyone know in a few moths what my outcome is. This is so so so confuising :(

Okay, thanks everyone for your recent replies but I have one more question as I am confused. In section 5 it states to list information about your children - list all your children.

My 2 children are both American citizens so am I supposed to leave that part blank or what should I put? I am assuming that this space is for people who have children who are also getting conditions lifted? Please help!

TY!

Magnolia, from everything I read, folks do include all children, although the I-751 directions are clear Section 5 is for children 'adjusting status with this petition' the language on the actual form is incorrect asking for 'all children.'

We put the names of my two USC children as well as the child we had together during the marriage, and included birth certificates for all to avoid any confusion by the USCIS adjudicator.

I have read where many people have included the names of their adult USC children without problems, and if you make it clear via inclusion of birth certificates, there should not be an issue.

Technically you are only to include children also using the I-751 Section 5 to also adjust their status, but since form itself does not read that way, feel free to include your USC children. Just include the birth certificates. Good luck! :thumbs:

Edited by NArocks

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

I guess here we go with another heated ( lol ) discussion. It says one thing, I interpret another. My children are also conditional residents but there window is 6 months after their dad. I will list all children and see if we happen to get an RFE and will let everyone know in a few moths what my outcome is. This is so so so confuising :(

TY!

NArocks, I agree, you have the toughest situation, since your children are conditional residents without the good fortune of being eligible to adjust status under their parents I-751 thus they need to adjust status with their own petition, to say nothing of doubling up on fee's! USCIS needs to fix the form so it is worded properly... And since USCIS controls, theoretically, when conditional residency is granted, it seems very unfair the burdon falls on those not fortunate enough to get their kids approved at the same time as their parent... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr USCIS! :wacko:

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Timeline

TY!

I did include all of their BC's - I had to include my 1 year old anyway since she is a part of my evidence lol. Anyway, thank you! :)

036.jpg

Timeline:

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

Removal of Conditions:

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Timeline

TY!

Oh gosh, that does seem confusing! I wish you luck and hope that everything turns out fine!

Why don't you include a separate sheet and explain that you included them, but they can't file to remove conditions until 6 months after their father? I did it how the form said - it said if you need to include more info on a separate paper, write down the section number, etc.

036.jpg

Timeline:

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

Removal of Conditions:

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Here I am hashing a thread and highjacking it to an extent. SO please as I have read this thread and a few others I am still confused. Here is my situation.

Part 5 asks about children. Here is what we have

1 Son 20 still in colombia

1 Daughter 19 USC

2 Sons who conditions do not get removed until 1/2010.

I fear if I list the 2 boys they will rfe for biometrics fee and then realize months later that they can not be included in this application.

It states this " If in U.S., give address/immigration status " Well the boys are here a CR-2's and they live with us. I want to get this in the mail by Friday 7/3/09 as my window opened last Tuesday and the funds will hopefully be there :)

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10

I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007

Timeline

WEll I will mail the I-751 off tomorrow and I am just going to go ahead and list all the children.

More Complete Story here

I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.