doodle

Our oath letter came - This Friday's the day!

10 posts in this topic

Good Morning VJ'ers. So, our oath ceremony date is this coming Friday - we are so excited. They sent us the form N-445 Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony in the mail. Yippee!

I just have a few questions.

The form states

You must bring the following with you: (and these boxes are checked)

This letter

Reentry Permit or Refugee Travel Document

Any Immigration Documents you may have

Bring your child if applicable

Other

The only box that isn't checked is the Permanent Resident Card box - that's weird! If anyone can please respond to the two items I have bolded above and what you think those may entail or if you've gotten the same letter, that would be awesome! One last hurdle!!!

Thanks in advance

See Profile for K-1, AOS and Removing of Conditions Timelines:

Naturalization (N-400):

NOVEMBER 24, 2008 N-400 in the mail!

NOVEMBER 28, 2008 N-400 Arrives

DECEMBER 4, 2008 Check is Cashed!

DECEMBER 10, 2008 NOA1 Received

DECEMBER 16, 2008 NOA2 Received

JANUARY 6, 2009 Fingerprints

FEBRUARY 26, 2009 Interview date recieved

APRIL 8, 2009 Interview

JUNE 12, 2009 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am curious about this as well. Do they want all of the NOAs we've received over the years, the EADs, the APs even though they are expired, or are they just referring to things which are currently valid, like the green card? What did others do?

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

On my invitation all the boxes were checked and I was confused since I never had anything like a Re-Entry Permit or Refugee Travel Document. But then I found out that this is a standard letter and you just have to bring whatever applies to you. When I took my oath, all they wanted to see was the invitation and my greencard (which they both kept).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

If something has changed since your interview - bring documents related to that - for example if you traveled out of the country - bring your passport to show the dates you were out; if you got arrested - bring documents to explain it; got divorced or any thing of that nature. Other than that, Just carry your greencard and your passport application with pictures if you intend to do it at the ceremony. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

"Reentry Permit or Refugee Travel Document

Any Immigration Documents you may have"

Since I developed a bad case of paranoia after dealing with the USCIS for five years, I did bring my entire USCIS files in my big brief case along with us, but my wife just walked in with her oath letter and her green card that isn't green by the way. We had the N-445 filled out and thankfully, my wife didn't get any traffic tickets and had resorted to prostitution since her interview, it was my job to stay alive. But didn't sign it until she was in in front of an officer. They didn't really question her on her answers.

She didn't try to overthrow the government either, but we had a short discussion on how we could, we can't even get around our tax assessor or the building inspector let alone the US government armed with tons of nuclear laser guided weapons, but we do have access to some dried up sticks and stones.

We thought about bringing her child with us, but was informed she had turned 18, too bad, another couple of years wait and another 700 or so bucks. Wife really didn't want to surrender her green card, that cost us a small fortune and a lot of trips, and she only had it for seven weeks, asked if they could punch a hole in it or something and carrying a green card even to the bathroom became part of her life. But she got over that.

Ha, asked her yesterday if she had her green card to a short trip to the grocery store, but that was only because the day before, we were invited to a party with four other couples just starting the process, they wanted us there to share experiences, food was good. As typical, the immigrant wives were humble, but the USC husbands were pissed off, what is it with us USC husbands? Some of us had to fight for our freedom, those were the most pissed off. I rarely use that word, but here, it applies.

Had the same question about a reentry permit or a refugee document, what in the hell is that? We ain't got none, so screw it, see what happens. Brief case stayed in the car, green card and oath letter is all they wanted, I just had my camera but had to wait in a different line, they didn't ask anything of me, didn't even have to take my pants off, but had to drop my car keys in a basket along with my camera. But was told to keep my camera turned off until I got in the oath ceremony, just replied, Yes Sir, but wondered what if I took my 35 mm that doesn't even have an off switch on it. Missed out on some wonderful shots of the hallway and the men's restroom, ha, after drinking coffee and a four and a half hour trip, was just glad they had one.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Good Morning VJ'ers. So, our oath ceremony date is this coming Friday - we are so excited. They sent us the form N-445 Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony in the mail. Yippee!

The form states

This letter

Other

The only box that isn't checked is the Permanent Resident Card box - that's weird! If anyone can please respond to the two items I have bolded above and what you think those may entail or if you've gotten the same letter, that would be awesome! One last hurdle!!!

Thanks in advance

Hi Doodle

Congrats.. Will you be taking Oath in the Durham office? Looking at few other posts, I was under the impression that the oath letter in Durham was normally handed out on the day of interview itself.. Is this not the case? Was your case any different?

Thanks

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

----------------------------

Durham DO

04/02/2009 - Sent Application via FedEx

04/08/2009 - Check Cashed

04/07/2009 - NOA Date

04/23/2009 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

05/11/2009 - Biometrics Appointment @ 1:00 PM

05/22/2009 - Received Interview Letter Appointment

07/29/2009 - Interview Date

07/29/2009 - Oath Appointment Letter Received

07/30/2009 - Oath Ceremony Date

07/30/2009 - Mailed in Application for Passport

09/03/2009- Passport Received!!!!

Since I developed a bad case of paranoia after dealing with the USCIS for five years, I did bring my entire USCIS files in my big brief case along with us, but my wife just walked in with her oath letter and her green card that isn't green by the way. We had the N-445 filled out and thankfully, my wife didn't get any traffic tickets and had resorted to prostitution since her interview, it was my job to stay alive. But didn't sign it until she was in in front of an officer. They didn't really question her on her answers.

She didn't try to overthrow the government either, but we had a short discussion on how we could, we can't even get around our tax assessor or the building inspector let alone the US government armed with tons of nuclear laser guided weapons, but we do have access to some dried up sticks and stones.

We thought about bringing her child with us, but was informed she had turned 18, too bad, another couple of years wait and another 700 or so bucks. Wife really didn't want to surrender her green card, that cost us a small fortune and a lot of trips, and she only had it for seven weeks, asked if they could punch a hole in it or something and carrying a green card even to the bathroom became part of her life. But she got over that.

Ha, asked her yesterday if she had her green card to a short trip to the grocery store, but that was only because the day before, we were invited to a party with four other couples just starting the process, they wanted us there to share experiences, food was good. As typical, the immigrant wives were humble, but the USC husbands were pissed off, what is it with us USC husbands? Some of us had to fight for our freedom, those were the most pissed off. I rarely use that word, but here, it applies.

Had the same question about a reentry permit or a refugee document, what in the hell is that? We ain't got none, so screw it, see what happens. Brief case stayed in the car, green card and oath letter is all they wanted, I just had my camera but had to wait in a different line, they didn't ask anything of me, didn't even have to take my pants off, but had to drop my car keys in a basket along with my camera. But was told to keep my camera turned off until I got in the oath ceremony, just replied, Yes Sir, but wondered what if I took my 35 mm that doesn't even have an off switch on it. Missed out on some wonderful shots of the hallway and the men's restroom, ha, after drinking coffee and a four and a half hour trip, was just glad they had one.

This was hilarious :lol:

The form states

This letter

Other

Thanks in advance

Hi Doodle

Congrats.. Will you be taking Oath in the Durham office? Looking at few other posts, I was under the impression that the oath letter in Durham was normally handed out on the day of interview itself.. Is this not the case? Was your case any different?

Thanks

We will be in Durham. Normally I think the oath letter is given at the interview but my husband's fingerprints hadn't cleared so they told him to expect something in the mail. He got a letter at the interview stating he had passed the test, but that his case could not be approved at this time...it didn't take long for the oath letter though and the immigration person was very reassuring that things would be fine. Good luck to you when your day comes!

nice! thanks for the humor

Edited by doodle

See Profile for K-1, AOS and Removing of Conditions Timelines:

Naturalization (N-400):

NOVEMBER 24, 2008 N-400 in the mail!

NOVEMBER 28, 2008 N-400 Arrives

DECEMBER 4, 2008 Check is Cashed!

DECEMBER 10, 2008 NOA1 Received

DECEMBER 16, 2008 NOA2 Received

JANUARY 6, 2009 Fingerprints

FEBRUARY 26, 2009 Interview date recieved

APRIL 8, 2009 Interview

JUNE 12, 2009 Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.