yogib37

5 reasons why the USA does not like soccer

90 posts in this topic

My American hubby is now a soccer fan (he is an american footballer and when i first met him thought soccer was a 'lame ### sport' :bonk: ).....however i daren't mention Brazil's loss as it makes him too sad haha (i've told him time and time again he's an England fan but he keeps forgetting ;) ).

Can't believed we lost to portugal in exactly the same we lost in 2004... :ranting: i was so gutted!! I'm routing for France now, thats how much i wanna see portugal go out!!!!!

Oh and Roshon is covinced Ronaldinho's skills make him beautiful :huh: I mean he's awesome but beautiful doesn't spring to mind when thinking about him!!

09/20/05 NOA1 received
11/22/05 NOA2 received (65 days)
12/05/05 NVC received application! (say 2-4 week wait)
12/13/05 Found out forms were sent to London on 12/08/05!
12/20/05 Packet 3 received!
01/11/06 Medical - Knightsbridge London
01/18/06 Sent back packet 3!
02/15/06 Received packet 4!

02/13/06 INTERVIEW DATE 03/22/06 AT 10.30AM!! - APPROVED

Married July 29th 2006!!

08/17/2006 Filed for AOS and EAD
08/26/2006 NOA1 received for both (dated 08/24/06)
09/06/2006 RFE email.....not sure what for yet!
9/07/2006 Biometrics completed
10/13/2006 Transferred to CSC!!
11/02/2006 Approval email received!!
11/08/2006 Welcome to USA letter arrives!

11/13/2006 GREEN CARD RECEIVED - NO MISTAKES!!!!

06/06/08 Family moved back to UK!!

Husband gained UK citizenship September 2015

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Family relocating back to California

06/27/2016 I-130 Spousal Visa application sent to London Embassy

07/05/2016 NOA 1

08/31/2016 NOA 2 - case transferred to the Immigrant Visa Unit at the embassy

09/13/2016 3rd Letter received with LND number

10/14/2016 Medical

10/31/2016 Embassy interview

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

have I missed anything here?

:huh:

The whole of the UK plays a lot of games that are only played here or only by commonwealth countries... Cricket springs to mind... It's also called World Series or Cup or whatever... So what are you on about godsavethequeen?

FYI, the Cricktet worldcup has seen countries like Holland in it... The ICC trophy fetaures other European countries AND the USA

Canada was even in the last cricket world cup. we even won a match if you can believe it!

Right, apologies for my ignorant comment then...

I have been in the UK for nearly 4 years now, and have never heard of Holland or the USA (or any other European country, for that matter) in the Cricket Championships (or whatever they are called)... But maybe it's me not being too interested in it...

US.gifVenezuela.gifUK.gif

dogdogcbu20090513_-30_My%20child%20is.png

Seriously... sports is just guys playing with their balls, how the hell is that interesting?

What if they let you play with their balls as well?

Like it then, right?

I'm English, personally I ###### hate soccer. Passionately.

Edited by triaxiom

Big meanie.

Seriously... sports is just guys playing with their balls, how the hell is that interesting?

What if they let you play with their balls as well?

Like it then, right?

XD don't give me any ideas...

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
what i think is funny ... since it IS true that most americans do not generally care for soccer ... the number of spouses that all of a sudden go ON about it and adopt a love of it!! :lol::thumbs:

thinkforyourself.gif

To the OP...funny stuff! :thumbs::lol:

As to everything in between... :huh: ...whatever...

Gimy, I'd take exception to the "think for yourself picture"... I see nothing wrong with both of us being exposed to more sports and finding them fun. Yes, I enjoy(ed) all of the World Cup stuff and will continue to be a footie fan....just as hubster now enjoys baseball and American football. We are both sports fans, able to see and appreciate the differences in other sports...I don't see that as just going along with him because he likes it. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't watch it. Simple as that.

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

i always enjoyes soccer...and one of my most pleasant experiences.,is watching the world cup with my son.... :yes:

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

When did Soccer become big in the USA? I have always played soccer, since the 5th grade.

I do hate the off-sides rule. Soccer would become really popular in the USA if the following three things about the way Soccer (futbol/football) is played now were changed.

1) get rid of the off-side rule. It will make the game more exciting and those stupid zero to zero ties will go away.

2) Red card guys who pretend to be injured and weren't even touched. God I hate it--especially when the replay shows the tackler's foot was a good 10 inches from the wounded player's shin. Boot them out--send then to the hospital etc.

3) Let there be substitutions beyond the 3 subs, and sub out for Red Carded players--that is why we love Extra-Innings in baseball where there is all these substitutions etc. But like baseball once you are subed out you should not be allowed to play the rest of the game.

PS: Also in reference to the comment about the World Series of baseball not being worldly enough. Um obvisously this poster knows nothing about baseball. First I think people in Toronto would like for you to recognize that they are not a city within the USA. Second just look at any baseball roster and see how many of the players are not US Citizens. At least 30%--and as high as 50%.

Now think of European Football (Soccer) where the teams have many players not from Europe but from Asia, Africa, the USA, and South America.

Also I think the popularity of the World Cup is overrated. It might be very popular in Europe and in certain countries like Brazil, Argentina etc. But mostly its just a cool thing that happens every 4 years. But still overrated in popularity.

Edited by Artegal

squsquard20060929_-8_HJ%20is.png

dev216brs__.png

In accordance with Georgia law, "The Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act," I am required to display the following in any and all languages that I may give immigration related advise:

'I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW AND MAY NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR ACCEPT FEES FOR LEGAL ADVICE.'

"NO SOY ABOGADO LICENCIADO PRACTICAR LEY Y NO PUEDO DOY ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO O ACEPTO LOS HONORARIOS PARA El ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO."

hillarymug-tn.jpghillarypin-rwbt.jpgballoons-tn.jpg

i suspect there as many non-immigrant cricket players in Holland and the US as there are baseball players in Europe -- they should call it the commonwealth cup or put a moratorium on "whyyyyy do they call it the wooooorld series and don't let other couuntries play" seriously -- if I had a dollar for every time I heard that I would be a rich woman -- we call it the world series and no other countries play, get over it.

Oh yeah -- and my football/soccer fan ways pre-date my spouse. It's called being a sports fan.

90day.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I'm coming to North Carolina if the US will let me in?? So you can come and exercise your right to bare your arms and shoot me yourself.

I did not start this thread to slag off the US. I was slagging off being told that I can not express an opinion and to be quiet.

My knees are quite sweet and sexy but they're going to be scuffed up with all the grovelling one has to do round here.

Then God help North Carolina! See, what pisses me off is that the U.S has chopfcuks like you coming here that by the way they talk, do not like the U.S anyway. You will get your visa in no time, but then people with fiances/husbands from other countries that I have never heard say an ill work about the U.S will take months and months to get here.

Sure, this is an open forum, but for Gods sake, why do all your comments have to be so derogatory???? People come to VJ for help and encouragement and all I have ever seen your posts do it put people down. God really does need to save this "queen."

8-7-06 Visa received after 6 months of AR

9-1-06 AOS sent

9-20-06 Biometrics

3-5-07 AOS Approved

*SIGH* :no:

Amanda-England (Yorkshire)- Mark-USA(Michigan)

April/04/2005- Visa journey began!!

We did both K3 & CR1 visa's, got both!!- I returned to England for my CR1 interview after first arriving on a K3 visa!!

May/25th 2006- Green card arrives in the mail................YAY!!

19th June 2006 I Had to go to the Social Security Office to get my number, the DS-230 didnt work for me!!

26-June-2006- Social Security# arrived in the mail....YAY!!

Feb 2008 lift conditions <<<reminder to self!!<<<< went to England for a visit instead, no rush right, 90 days is a long time,LOL

Removing Conditions Begins

Mailed I-751 April 12th 2008

signed for @ NSC April 16th

NOA date April 16th

Conditional GC expired May 5th 2008

Biometrics Detroit May 10th 2008

10 year Green card ordered August 20th 2008

Citizenship any time from feb 2009

I'm coming to North Carolina if the US will let me in?? So you can come and exercise your right to bare your arms and shoot me yourself.

I did not start this thread to slag off the US. I was slagging off being told that I can not express an opinion and to be quiet.

My knees are quite sweet and sexy but they're going to be scuffed up with all the grovelling one has to do round here.

Then God help North Carolina! See, what pisses me off is that the U.S has chopfcuks like you coming here that by the way they talk, do not like the U.S anyway. You will get your visa in no time, but then people with fiances/husbands from other countries that I have never heard say an ill work about the U.S will take months and months to get here.

Sure, this is an open forum, but for Gods sake, why do all your comments have to be so derogatory???? People come to VJ for help and encouragement and all I have ever seen your posts do it put people down. God really does need to save this "queen."

... and here I was thinking this was a forum for people who wanted to move to the US to be with their SO. I think that includes people who may not think America was the be all and end all. (at least you can be pretty damn sure he's not doing it for the greencard - can't always say that about people from"other countries" that you have never heard say an ill *word* about the US).

IMO, I think those people will be pretty disillusioned when they get here and they find the streets aren't paved with gold. Turning a blind eye to the things that are wrong with our country is no way to fix them, and shushing people who point them out is just one other way to revelin your ignorance.

Filed: Timeline

... and here I was thinking this was a forum for people who wanted to move to the US to be with their SO. I think that includes people who may not think America was the be all and end all. (at least you can be pretty damn sure he's not doing it for the greencard - can't always say that about people from"other countries" that you have never heard say an ill *word* about the US).

IMO, I think those people will be pretty disillusioned when they get here and they find the streets aren't paved with gold. Turning a blind eye to the things that are wrong with our country is no way to fix them, and shushing people who point them out is just one other way to revelin your ignorance.

Things can be tempered tho...it doesn't ALWAYS have to be p!ss & vinegar 24/7.

I am one for speaking my mind, but sometimes it wouldn't hurt to see the good with the bad..

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

ah, nevermind... changed my mind and not gettin' involved in this argument...

carry on....

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony