RalphandHanh

Moving to Vietnam

29 posts in this topic

Hey buddy I am not going back to the states yet, my wife is getting her visa this week but I am not going back until I finish my work here, And then I gotta go back again during October and November to work here again. I am lucky and successful enough to be able to travel to Asia and work in Vietnam and Thailand. It's manageable if you have a spouse here with you. Quit being disgruntle on here cause you can't get your $hit straight. You obviously made this name to troll on people's thread and insult people. Your being a coward and hiding behind some fake screen name you just made up.

Edited by Dai_VN
mrc2pmh1445.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hey buddy I am not going back to the states yet, my wife is getting her visa this week but I am not going back until I finish my work here, And then I gotta go back again during October and November to work here again. I am lucky and successful enough to be able to travel to Asia and work in Vietnam and Thailand. It's manageable if you have a spouse here with you. Quit being disgruntle on here cause you can't get your $hit straight. You obviously made this name to troll on people's thread and insult people. Your being a coward and hiding behind some fake screen name you just made up.

I understand your feelings, i have had the same feelings about my fiancee in philippines. the thing i worry about the most is that i could not make a decent living there. and also if we decided to come to the states, how would i show any income of support.

I love the philippines, would love to live there. i think the biggest prob is income. and if you could meet the poverty guidelines after living there in VN. good luck

I've been in Vietnam for 2.5 years now. We filed a DCF and although it was approved by the USCIS in a month, it's still taking a month or three for the Consulate to file a interview date. There is no NVC involvement and no way for me to trace the process online. My guess is we'll interview in June or July. So all things considered DCF is fast.

Now living in Vietnam can be a challenge, but can also be really easy if you know what you want and where to get it. So the first question is how do you want to live and the second is what will you be doing for work in order to make that lifestyle possible. Since I don't know what you do for a living I can't be all that much help.

I'm in Michigan right now. First time in 2.5 year. But I'll be back in before the end of the month and before the interview.

Edited by konton

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I've been in Vietnam for 2.5 years now. We filed a DCF and although it was approved by the USCIS in a month, it's still taking a month or three for the Consulate to file a interview date. There is no NVC involvement and no way for me to trace the process online. My guess is we'll interview in June or July. So all things considered DCF is fast.

Now living in Vietnam can be a challenge, but can also be really easy if you know what you want and where to get it. So the first question is how do you want to live and the second is what will you be doing for work in order to make that lifestyle possible. Since I don't know what you do for a living I can't be all that much help.

I'm in Michigan right now. First time in 2.5 year. But I'll be back in before the end of the month and before the interview.

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking the DCF is the way to go too and I should cancel my paperwork now. We are going to open a cafe. I Might work as a computer tech part time or as an English teacher part time. Her brother has had a coffee shop/cafe in the area where she lives for a long time and he seems to think that we will do very well opening up a cafe selling western food, smoothies and coffee. So that's what I'm banking on. Even thought we will be opening up in the rainy season... I have ideas on how to get people in.

get marry there and then establish your residence, after that file DCF. The worrisome is source of income when filing affidavit of support. You might need co-sponsor.

Does DCF allows co-sponsor? I am just curious?

Ralph. There are alot of thing to do in VN for IT field. Websites developer (HTML), IT consultant, IT-intructor for Vista, and Windows7, or System and Network Administrator. Start working in the morning, and run your business at night.

http://www.vietnamworks.com.vn/

To learn Vietnamese. Start singing and playing your guitar from a kid's song by wacthing the TV. hihihihih...

Just my thought. Good luck.

I-130 Journey

USCIS

06-15-2008 : Marriage

08-16-2008 : I-130 Sent

08-18-2008 : I-130 Received

08-22-2008 : I-130 NOA1

02-02-2009 : I-130 NOA2 Approved 164 days from NOA1

NVC

02-04-2009 : Visited my wife for 2 weeks. 02-22-2009 come back to US

02-11-2009 : Received package from NVC

02-23-2009 : AOS Paid $70 (Online)

02-23-2009 : DS-3032 sent (by email)

02-25-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (AOS)

03-04-2009 : NVC has received the Choice of Agent DS-3032 (Online)

03-04-2009 : IV Application Processing Fees $400 (Online)

03-05-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (IV APS)

03-07-2009 : DS-230, and I-864 Sent (by USPS)

03-12-2009 : USPS confirm arrived at NVC for DS-230, & I-864

03-13-2009 : NVC received DS-230, & I-864 (Case in progress)

03-20-2009 : NVC case completed in 1 week NVC completed 03-20-2009.

04-02-2009 : NVC Left to HCM city

04-22-2009 : Medical Passed

05-12-2009 : Received a package IV from HCM Consulate by email

05-18-2009 : My wife got Pink.. yeah..

05-26-2009 : Visa received

06-18-2009 : US Entry!!! Yeah, my wife finally here.

06-29-2009 : Received SSN from snail mail

07-20-2009 : Green card received by mail

09-15-2009 : Writting test from DVM.

11-03-2009 : Driving Test.

01-20-2010 : Working.

04-20-2011 : Submit I751

04-26-2011 : Received I-797 NOA with Receipt Number

05-11-2011 : Received ASC Appointment Notice

06-03-2011 : Biometrics Apts @ 11:00 AM

10-11-2011 : Submit more evidence.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Good Luck to you both. I hope that things go well for you and that you will find your way through the journey. This will also allow you to learn a lot more about her culture and way of thinking, which will help you when she moves here. I know that this will only make your relationship with her much closer. While your there, you should definately get some Vietnamese lessons. This will also allow you to communicate with her family in Vietnam as well as the Vietnamese you will become friends with when she moves here.

I have contemplated me and my wife moving back there with her family for a year or so, since her son still lives there and her ex keeps playing games with her son. He tells him he is going to let him come after the school year ends , but then makes an excuse. If I could find a job over there that would provide us with enough income I would seriously think about it.

We wish you the best!!!

I-129F Timeline:

03-10-06 - Sent I-129F to USCIS

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

11-22-06 - Got the Visa!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

02-14-07 - NOA1 (Sent to Missouri)

03-06-07 - Biometrics Appointment

03-07-07 - Transferred to CSC

05-03-07 - Card Production Ordered Email

05-10-07 - Green Card In Hand

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

03-09-09 - NOA1 (1 yr Extension)

04-08-09 - Biometrics

07-09-09 - Card Production Ordered Email

07-17-09 - Green Card In Hand

I-130 Filing for Step-Son

11-30-09 - Received at USCIS

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

03-05-10 - NVC Case # Assigned

03-09-10 - NVC Mailed DS-3032 and AOS Bill

03-12-10 - Emailed DS-3032 to NVC

03-13-10 - Received Email from NVC stating they received DS-3032 (Also received AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 in the mail)

03-14-10 - Paid Affidavit of Support Fee and IV Bill online

03-16-10 - NVC Website updated to PAID for both fee's

03-17-10 - Petitioner and Agent received emails to further proceed with case

08-05-10 - NVC Case Completed

10-27-10 - Interview PASSED

10-28-10 - Picked up Visa

Mike (United States) & Huong (Vietnam)

Timeline
get marry there and then establish your residence, after that file DCF. The worrisome is source of income when filing affidavit of support. You might need co-sponsor.

Does DCF allows co-sponsor? I am just curious?

Ralph. There are alot of thing to do in VN for IT field. Websites developer (HTML), IT consultant, IT-intructor for Vista, and Windows7, or System and Network Administrator. Start working in the morning, and run your business at night.

http://www.vietnamworks.com.vn/

To learn Vietnamese. Start singing and playing your guitar from a kid's song by wacthing the TV. hihihihih...

Just my thought. Good luck.

thanks. I have been keeping an eye on that site.

Timeline

yeah.. I'm pretty sure I would need a co-sponsor at this point but would have no problem getting one.

Ralph you can open quán cày tơ in vietnam j/k :-)

goodluck to you and your wife

Engaged: 8/19/2006

Married: 2/25/2008

Sent I-130: 6/5/2008

NOA1 Recieved: 6/26/2008

Transferred to CSC: 12/17/2008

Touched: 12/22/2008

Touched: 12/29/2008

Touched: 12/30/2008

Touched: 12/31/2008

Approved: 12/31/2008

NVC Received 01/07/2009

AOS I-864 Fee Bill arrived: 01/17/2009

"There ain't no answer. There ain't gonna be any answer. There never has been an answer. That's the answer. "

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.