RalphandHanh

Moving to Vietnam

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Since our case was sent back to the U.S. and not really knowing exactly what to do about it yet, I have decided for sure that I'm going to go to HCMC to be with Hanh. I'm excited and sad. I mean, she will make the same sacrifice for me so I figure its only right that I stay with her. We are planing to open a cafe/smoothie shop as I stated in another post. This is something that I have wanted to do in the stated for a very long time. And since I see that American/western food is gaining popularity, I think we will be very successful. But spending 3 or 4 weeks there seemed to be my limit :) I don't know how I'm going to handle 12 months or more.

Also, I really don't know if I should cancel my paperwork for K1 and get married and refile. Obviously, my income isn't going to be the same if I work and live there. Right now, I have so many questions and No answers. So I thought I would throw it out there to those that have decided to make the move to HCMC to be with the one they love. And if anyone knows a good lawyer in NJ... please let me know. Or someone that is on the east coast that practices through out the US. I might try to contact with M.E. before I leave in July.... so many questions so little answers. :wacko::(

Since our case was sent back to the U.S. and not really knowing exactly what to do about it yet, I have decided for sure that I'm going to go to HCMC to be with Hanh. I'm excited and sad. I mean, she will make the same sacrifice for me so I figure its only right that I stay with her. We are planing to open a cafe/smoothie shop as I stated in another post. This is something that I have wanted to do in the stated for a very long time. And since I see that American/western food is gaining popularity, I think we will be very successful. But spending 3 or 4 weeks there seemed to be my limit :) I don't know how I'm going to handle 12 months or more.

Also, I really don't know if I should cancel my paperwork for K1 and get married and refile. Obviously, my income isn't going to be the same if I work and live there. Right now, I have so many questions and No answers. So I thought I would throw it out there to those that have decided to make the move to HCMC to be with the one they love. And if anyone knows a good lawyer in NJ... please let me know. Or someone that is on the east coast that practices through out the US. I might try to contact with M.E. before I leave in July.... so many questions so little answers. :wacko::(

Ralphs, I really don't have any comments. I just wish you the best of luck. Good luck bro.

I-130 Journey

USCIS

06-15-2008 : Marriage

08-16-2008 : I-130 Sent

08-18-2008 : I-130 Received

08-22-2008 : I-130 NOA1

02-02-2009 : I-130 NOA2 Approved 164 days from NOA1

NVC

02-04-2009 : Visited my wife for 2 weeks. 02-22-2009 come back to US

02-11-2009 : Received package from NVC

02-23-2009 : AOS Paid $70 (Online)

02-23-2009 : DS-3032 sent (by email)

02-25-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (AOS)

03-04-2009 : NVC has received the Choice of Agent DS-3032 (Online)

03-04-2009 : IV Application Processing Fees $400 (Online)

03-05-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (IV APS)

03-07-2009 : DS-230, and I-864 Sent (by USPS)

03-12-2009 : USPS confirm arrived at NVC for DS-230, & I-864

03-13-2009 : NVC received DS-230, & I-864 (Case in progress)

03-20-2009 : NVC case completed in 1 week NVC completed 03-20-2009.

04-02-2009 : NVC Left to HCM city

04-22-2009 : Medical Passed

05-12-2009 : Received a package IV from HCM Consulate by email

05-18-2009 : My wife got Pink.. yeah..

05-26-2009 : Visa received

06-18-2009 : US Entry!!! Yeah, my wife finally here.

06-29-2009 : Received SSN from snail mail

07-20-2009 : Green card received by mail

09-15-2009 : Writting test from DVM.

11-03-2009 : Driving Test.

01-20-2010 : Working.

04-20-2011 : Submit I751

04-26-2011 : Received I-797 NOA with Receipt Number

05-11-2011 : Received ASC Appointment Notice

06-03-2011 : Biometrics Apts @ 11:00 AM

10-11-2011 : Submit more evidence.

Timeline

Ralphs, I really don't have any comments. I just wish you the best of luck. Good luck bro.

Thank you. ;)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If you get your residency established that would allow you to do the DCF.

Hopefully we will be going back to visit Linh's family this Fall. So you can count on a few extra smoothie sales (after the 1st complimentary VJ cup of course). :)

Sounds exciting. Be sure to keep us all posted.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline
If you get your residency established that would allow you to do the DCF.

Hopefully we will be going back to visit Linh's family this Fall. So you can count on a few extra smoothie sales (after the 1st complimentary VJ cup of course). :)

Sounds exciting. Be sure to keep us all posted.

I will look into the DCF. I assume that's a refile as well? I will look forward to seeing you guys for sure. I miss talking to Americans when I'm there since I don't speak Viet LOL

So when is this smoothie shop open? I'm going to VN in June. hehehe Guess it's too early huh... GOOOOD LUCK with everything.

event.png

Hey friend

Good luck to and you wife ,i DO NOT think you can live with the communist country (distatorship) :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

I did for a year and plenty of others have with no problem. You just gotta know who to give money too... :blush:

Vietnam doesn't have a dictator anymore ever since Ho Chi Minh Died, they have a whole party that rules the whole nation through committees.

Edited by Dai_VN
mrc2pmh1445.gif

Timeline
Hey friend

Good luck to and you wife ,i DO NOT think you can live with the communist country (distatorship) :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

I did for a year and plenty of others have with no problem. You just gotta know who to give money too... :blush:

Vietnam doesn't have a dictator anymore ever since Ho Chi Minh Died, they have a whole party that rules the whole nation through committees.

Yeah I'm not worried about that at all. I feel very comfortable there. Just wish I could speak more Viet. But that will come in time.

Timeline
So when is this smoothie shop open? I'm going to VN in June. hehehe Guess it's too early huh... GOOOOD LUCK with everything.

LOL yeah a bit too soon. I have a couple gigs here in June that I'm obligated to play (I'm a musician as well). But if you come back after August we will be open. Thanks!

Hey friend

Yeah I'm not worried about that at all. I feel very comfortable there. Just wish I could speak more Viet. But that will come in time.

Maybe you can take some Vietnamese language classes while you are over there... That way you would know when your wife curses you out in Vietnamese, when she's mad at you... Just kidding.... :lol::rofl: On serious note, there are lots of people willing to do language exchange in Vietnam, you can find a person who will teach you Vietnamese while in turn you teach them english.

mrc2pmh1445.gif

Hey friend

But are not some people saying the same about Obama and his policies?? :whistle:

You live where you live and make your life as pleasant as possible. People are having happy loving lives right now in worn torn countries.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hey friend

But are not some people saying the same about Obama and his policies?? :whistle:

You live where you live and make your life as pleasant as possible. People are having happy loving lives right now in worn torn countries.

Amen brotha!

Best of luck to you RalphandHanh. Were having our own difficulties with our petition and moving to VN is definitly an option for me. Maybe I'll see you there.

Timeline
Hey friend

Maybe you can take some Vietnamese language classes while you are over there... That way you would know when your wife curses you out in Vietnamese, when she's mad at you... Just kidding.... :lol::rofl: On serious note, there are lots of people willing to do language exchange in Vietnam, you can find a person who will teach you Vietnamese while in turn you teach them english.

Yep I have a teacher lined up already. It's a crazy hard language though

Timeline
Hey friend

LOL don't even get me started on Our government. I think... right now... I have better chances of making a living in Vietnam. I will leave it at that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.