michellek1976

Anyone care to speculate how long between RFE and NOA2?

48 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

My fiance and I celebrated the arrival of the RFE today from CSC.

But soon afterwards I was left with more questions. How much longer now?!

Are we close to the end - or do we still have months of uncertainty ahead of us? I'm scared this is going to turn into further frustration and disappointment.

Any thoughts?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I rather have no expectations, that way I'm not dissapointed :(

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-07-07 - AOS package mailed to Chicago

02-09-07 - AOS package delivered

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-21-07 - Biometrics letter

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

03-01-07 - Biometrics taken

03-15-07 - Transferred to The Sucky/Slow Center (TSC)... to "speed up" processing.

03-17-07 - Transferred notice e-mail

03-20-07 - Received TSC transfer letter

03-21-07 - application pending at TSC e-mail.

05-14-07 - Misinfopass appt. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

07-09-07 - Received weird looking letter for AP, but online status hasn't changed

Last Touch - AOS 3/24, AP 7/03

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ2JkkrY291bGQraGF2ZStnb3R0ZW4rYStEZWxsJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmYyYwJjcmMiYyMDA3JjcmMCY0Mzc4NDcwMDExODEyMjE5ODguJw==.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

considering the NOA2's from before imbra are still waiting for their RFE's seems like it will be longer than normal for them, since you are essentially backed up behind thousands of people waiting for the RFE.

That is assuming they go in order....

Timeline
considering the NOA2's from before imbra are still waiting for their RFE's seems like it will be longer than normal for them, since you are essentially backed up behind thousands of people waiting for the RFE.

See, that's what's unclear to me. How are they going to handle the applications with NOA2s, the older applications with NOA1s and the new applications? Are they going to stop working on my application and put it aside for a while until they take care of the thousands of people who are way ahead of me, or are they going to work on all of them at the same time, or what? :unsure:

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

03-15-07 - Transferred to The Sucky/Slow Center (TSC)... to "speed up" processing.

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

07-09-07 - Received weird looking letter for AP, but online status hasn't changed

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ2JkkrY291bGQraGF2ZStnb3R0ZW4rYStEZWxsJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmYyYwJjcmMiYyMDA3JjcmMCY0Mzc4NDcwMDExODEyMjE5ODguJw==.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

See, that's what's unclear to me. How are they going to handle the applications with NOA2s, the older applications with NOA1s and the new applications? Are they going to stop working on my application and put it aside for a while until they take care of the thousands of people who are way ahead of me, or are they going to work on all of them at the same time, or what? :unsure:

well if they were fair, they would yeah put you aside and wait for all the other noa's that are ahead of you. But there seems to be no rhyme or reason here with imbra, so I dunno.

I mean I know the last thing you want to do is wait, but think about it if you were in our shoes, had your NOA2 back in april, a wedding planned for august and are waiting for an RFE, meanwhile someone applies months after you and gets to go ahead of you? bleh ;o;

Timeline

well if they were fair, they would yeah put you aside and wait for all the other noa's that are ahead of you. But there seems to be no rhyme or reason here with imbra, so I dunno.

I mean I know the last thing you want to do is wait, but think about it if you were in our shoes, had your NOA2 back in april, a wedding planned for august and are waiting for an RFE, meanwhile someone applies months after you and gets to go ahead of you? bleh ;o;

I agree, of course they should take care of those ahead of me first! I would probably go insane if they did that me. I feel like those with NOA2s should be exempt from this. It is not your fault that they didn't think ahead and approved your petition and now are basically taking it back :o Is that legal?

I know it will probably be a while until it's my turn, which is why I have absolutely no expectations :(

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The logical thing to do would be to keep processing them in order of NOA1, but AS the RFE's come in.

Meaning...everyone on March 7th wouldnt have to wait for EVERY single person from March 6th to submit an RFE back. But if there was a March 6th with an RFE in, they'd go before a March 7th with an RFE in. Make sense? I mean, you have to consider that there may be people not quite as diligent as us, who will take months to respond to the RFE. USCIS is not going to wait for that person. Its entirely impractical.

Just my thoughts

Sent in I-129F..................March 17th

NOA1 from CSC................March22

RFE recieved....................June 28th

RFE returned....................June 29th

RFE receipt by CSC ...........July 5th

Touched..........................July 26th

Touhced..........................July 27th

NOA2.............................July 31st...after 132 days!!!!!!!!!!!!

Packet 3 sent...................August 22nd

Medical...........................September 9th

Interview........................October 4th!!!!!!!

Timeline
The logical thing to do would be to keep processing them in order of NOA1, but AS the RFE's come in.

Meaning...everyone on March 7th wouldnt have to wait for EVERY single person from March 6th to submit an RFE back. But if there was a March 6th with an RFE in, they'd go before a March 7th with an RFE in. Make sense? I mean, you have to consider that there may be people not quite as diligent as us, who will take months to respond to the RFE. USCIS is not going to wait for that person. Its entirely impractical.

Just my thoughts

:yes:

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Just my thoughts

The senator's office here said CSC's plan is to process in order of NOA but that is based on RFE response. Meaning exactly what you said is right - they can't not process someone from March 15, for example, just because someone from March 6 hasn't sent back their RFE yet.

She also said that transfers from NSC to CSC are supposedly being handled in a specialized manner - presumably based on original NOA date as well as when they return the RFE. But there is, of course, no proof that this is what is actually going to happen.

It would be nice if they provided us with some information and direction to ease our fears and worries but clearly that is never gonna happen.

Filed: Timeline
She also said that transfers from NSC to CSC are supposedly being handled in a specialized manner - presumably based on original NOA date as well as when they return the RFE. But there is, of course, no proof that this is what is actually going to happen.

Specialized manner. Oh, how the mind wonders about that phrase & its hidden meaning... :wacko:

If it means getting our RFEs after everyone else, then by god, they've done it! :(

Edited by devilette

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just my thoughts

The senator's office here said CSC's plan is to process in order of NOA but that is based on RFE response. Meaning exactly what you said is right - they can't not process someone from March 15, for example, just because someone from March 6 hasn't sent back their RFE yet.

It would be nice if they provided us with some information and direction to ease our fears and worries but clearly that is never gonna happen.

Yeah..makes sense.

No, we can never expect USCIS to give us exact information or timelines or expectations.

But it is safe to assume that they will do this atleast somewhat practically and quickly, as they absolutely, from a beaurocratic standpoint, need to get this off their shelves.

Sent in I-129F..................March 17th

NOA1 from CSC................March22

RFE recieved....................June 28th

RFE returned....................June 29th

RFE receipt by CSC ...........July 5th

Touched..........................July 26th

Touhced..........................July 27th

NOA2.............................July 31st...after 132 days!!!!!!!!!!!!

Packet 3 sent...................August 22nd

Medical...........................September 9th

Interview........................October 4th!!!!!!!

Speculate? ... OK .... I speculate less than 1 year

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Timeline
Speculate? ... OK .... I speculate less than 1 year

that's the spirit :lol:

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

Filed: Country: Belgium
Timeline

I agree. My bet would be based on NOA1 dates and RFE responses. Also depending on how many RFE responses they get on a given day, they might just do all the RFE responses for that day together. I would think for the first few days after their sending out the RFE, they wouldn't have that many responses initially given the post/delivery lag time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.