dcrespo314

Just called USCIS and got some stranger info

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

I called USIC about two minutes ago to ask them a question about roughly how much time it will take for the NVC to send me the paper work that i need for the interview, the guy that I was talking to told me once my K1 visa application is approved by them it goes straight to the Embassy NOT the state department... Im not complaining in anyway because if thats true i save 2 months of waiting but have any of you heard this b4? im thinking about calling again and talking to someone else to see if its true

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Costa Rica

I-129F Sent : 2009-02-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-02-27

Touched: 2009-03-05

NOA2(s) : 2009/07/30

NVC Received: 2009/08/03

Departed NVC 2009/08/05

Consulate Received 2009/08/07

Interview Date 2009/10/08 Visa granted...:)

If I am Reading you right and you are filling for k1 then after petition is approved the servo e center forwards it to Nvc who give it a case number and do whatever else whohar they do to it, they then send the USC a letter stating as much and that they will be forwarding it to your respective embassy. Once the embassy gets it, it varries but most forms for interview are sent to fiancé/e from them. (embassy)

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

Where a French guy does it.

Our full time line is in our story on our profile.

K1

04-30-2008.......I-129F POSTED

05-01-2008....NOA1 (Touched 05-04-2008, Touched 04-07-2008)

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

01-13-2009....INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

06-12-2009.....AOS,EAD and AP Fedexed.

06-15-2009.....Signed for by J.CHYBA

06-18-2009.....NOA1 dated for AOS/AP/EAD

06-19-2009.....Check cleared

06-23-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD/AP

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

07-30-2009.....Did early walk in biometrics.

07-31-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD

08-06-2009.....Generated interview notice(received 08/10/09)

08-10-2009.....EAD/AP Approved

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

09-09-2009.....Aos interview.(APPROVED)first card production email

09-12-2009.....Welcome Notice Received.

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

sometimes USCIS likes to confuse people and tell people that they will bypass NVC and send directly to the consulate. actually USCIS is too busy to send stuff directly to the consulate its just not possible... NVC is the gateway and before your petition goes oversea it needs to pass through NVC....

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
sometimes USCIS likes to confuse people and tell people that they will bypass NVC and send directly to the consulate. actually USCIS is too busy to send stuff directly to the consulate its just not possible... NVC is the gateway and before your petition goes oversea it needs to pass through NVC....

yeah thats what i thought it was to good to be true hahaha thanks man

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Costa Rica

I-129F Sent : 2009-02-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-02-27

Touched: 2009-03-05

NOA2(s) : 2009/07/30

NVC Received: 2009/08/03

Departed NVC 2009/08/05

Consulate Received 2009/08/07

Interview Date 2009/10/08 Visa granted...:)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I called USIC about two minutes ago to ask them a question about roughly how much time it will take for the NVC to send me the paper work that i need for the interview, the guy that I was talking to told me once my K1 visa application is approved by them it goes straight to the Embassy NOT the state department... Im not complaining in anyway because if thats true i save 2 months of waiting but have any of you heard this b4? im thinking about calling again and talking to someone else to see if its true

Calling USCIS after the petition leaves the USCIS system is pointless... they have no idea... (as your answer from them demonstrated). Calling NVC might get you an answer.

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

I was told that too. I didn't get my NOA2 in the mail once I got my NVC letter, so I called. The lady on the phone seemed very confused that it was at NVC and had to send my call to her supervisor since she was more concerned we were at NVC on a K1 than the fact they never sent me my NOA2... They really have no clue, best not to listen to them half the time. Only problem is we don't always know when that 1/2 is :)

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I was told that too. I didn't get my NOA2 in the mail once I got my NVC letter, so I called. The lady on the phone seemed very confused that it was at NVC and had to send my call to her supervisor since she was more concerned we were at NVC on a K1 than the fact they never sent me my NOA2... They really have no clue, best not to listen to them half the time. Only problem is we don't always know when that 1/2 is :)

That's why we call them the MISinformation line!! :yes:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We called DOS a couple times during the process and found them the most helpful. However, sometimes you get operators who seriously have no clue, regardless of what agency they work for. But, the NVC doesn't send you any paperwork for the interview, that is all from the embassy (when it finally makes its way there!)

I never once bothered to call USCIS during this whole process. You get no useful information from them.

Wait till you have your NOA2 and call NVC with the file number from USCIS and they will tell you when it was sent on.

------- ROC ---------------

06.29.2011 Mailed I-751

09.22.2011 RFE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.