36 posts in this topic

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
sorry to hear that you have to withdraw.

After talking to a different lawyer today, we decided that it is better to withdraw than to be put into deportation status. That way we will have more time alloted to us as far as moving to Washington and getting married. Than start the whole process over based on our I-130. Thank you for your response.

LIVE, LOVE, IMMIGRATE!

Does anyone know if there is a form that is available for withdrawing a I-485?

I don't know of a paticular form, but I have seen the people advise to send a certified letter explaining all the details with copies of I485 to USCIS.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

US Citizen can file to withdraw the I-130 petition, this will get the I-485 canceled.

Your timeline shows 1998? as when I-130 filed.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

I don't know of a paticular form, but I have seen the people advise to send a certified letter explaining all the details with copies of I485 to USCIS.

That I will do....thank you. Is it okay for the beneficary to cancel....or does the petitioner?

US Citizen can file to withdraw the I-130 petition, this will get the I-485 canceled.

Yes that is when the I-130 was filed.....is the US citizen the only one that can do the withdrawal or could the lawyer do it?

LIVE, LOVE, IMMIGRATE!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

That I will do....thank you. Is it okay for the beneficary to cancel....or does the petitioner?

Yes that is when the I-130 was filed.....is the US citizen the only one that can do the withdrawal or could the lawyer do it?

A lawyer can do it if there is a G-28 filed for the lawyer.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

Thank you for the information.....just got off the phone with my lawyer and he is going to send one out right before the interview date. Do you know if they will put him deportation status even if he withdrawals his I485?

LIVE, LOVE, IMMIGRATE!

Thank you for the information.....just got off the phone with my lawyer and he is going to send one out right before the interview date. Do you know if they will put him deportation status even if he withdrawals his I485?

Withdrawing his 485 would put his status back to whatever it was before he filed, so if that may make him subject to deportation.

Your lawyer should be explaining this to you. :blink:

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline

Yes I know he should be.....but as usual he is pretty crappy. I am in the midst of hiring a new attorney. Hopefully this one will be able to answer my questions on a timely matter. Thank you

LIVE, LOVE, IMMIGRATE!

I'm confused [nothing new] You said he came over on a I-130. Why is he adjusting status? He should already have a GC. :blink:

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

Well, I guess that is confusing for me. Yes he is here on a I-130...but that doesn't automatically give him a GC. He still has to file a I485.....right.

Well, I guess that is confusing for me. Yes he is here on a I-130...but that doesn't automatically give him a GC. He still has to file a I485.....right.

And if he should already have a GC, wouldn't he have gotten something in regards to this?

LIVE, LOVE, IMMIGRATE!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm confused [nothing new] You said he came over on a I-130. Why is he adjusting status? He should already have a GC. :blink:

I asked that too, but I guess he came over just as a visitor, then got married years ago, and i guess the wife just filed an I-130 years ago and nothing else. So this guy has been out of status for 10 years or so and working.

Actually there is no form like that, but the easiest way is " Not to show up at the interview (06/01/09) ".

Then your husband will automatically be denied, that is the end of it. Next thing he is going to see "Deportation Notice".

But if you don't show up at the interview without any explanation and/or excuse, your husband will have very hard time

to adjust his status based on another possible future petition in USA (If he ever wants it).

There is another way which is to make an "InfoPass App." with the Local office ASAP & tell IO "You want to withdraw

your I-485 application by giving reasons. Then your husband will have a chance if he ever applies for I-485 again in the future.

Just for the clarification :

- Your husband comes to US with a visa (VWP or B1 or B2 etc...)

- You guys met & got married

- Then you have filed I-130 only

- After the approval of I-130, wait for 10 years (Why ??????, doesn't make any sense)

- In the mean time, he has become an Overstayer & probably worked unlawfully

- And then one day you guys decided (After 10 years ) to file I-485 along with the proof of NOA-2 for I-130

- And now you want to withdraw your I-485 before the interview

Am I correct so far ? Please correct me if I have made any mistakes.

"Patience is the key to the paradise (US Citizenship, in our case)"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.