amysaid

Shipping to Egypt... How'd you do it?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

If you work and your employer has a FedEx account and they allow for you to pay for personal shipping from work - ok that's a TON of assumptions and limits - but I hope you get what I'm saying??? The cost is less thru a commercial account than thru a FedEx box/Kinko's-FedEx store...Not by a ton - but it's cheaper.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

When Waleed was taken in the Egyptian Military he used to write me letters for the first year. They were these huge letters 30 pages long and he sent about 30 of them. He sent them from Suez and from Sinai and from Cairo and all over. For some reason I never got the first three letters he said he sent from Suez area. If he sent them from Cairo he always wrote on it, "Thanks to the Postman!" :P And I would get the letters some that he would send from Giza I also didn't get. I think I got most of the letters he sent me so that was always exciting to have! I'd pour over them for hours catching up on the news a month later. They mostly came within a month a few of them took three months or more. Not sure where they got lost too but they are a sweet keepsake to have. I made a book out of them.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
We use Fed-Ex to mail things back and forth to each other. It's pretty fast. For larger packages it takes about 5 days to arrive in Egypt due to Customs & such. The larger & heavier the package is, the more you have to pay. I've paid as much as $175.00 before but that was for a large package. I recently mailed off our packet 3 to him & I paid about $78.00 for an envelope full of documents like 1 inch thick. Fed Ex is good for documents, but don't bother sending anything else. They've damaged our items badly before & they don't do anything about it no matter WHO you complain to!

In happy moments... PRAISE God.

In difficult moments... SEEK God.

In quiet moments... WORSHIP God.

In painful moments... TRUST God.

At every moment... THANK God.

If God brings you to it, HE will bring you through it.

God does not ALWAYS remove difficulties.

He uses them for our own good and His glory.

Our Timeline:

K-1 Interview------> May 19, 2009

Visa received------> July 20, 2009

US Entry-----------> July 27, 2009

Marriage-----------> July 30, 2009

AOS Filed-----------> October 16, 2009

Biometrics-----------> November 17, 2009

AP received-----------> December 12, 2009

AOS approved-----------> January 12, 2010

Greencard received-----------> January 23, 2010

I-751 Package sent-----------> November 28, 2011

Package received-----------> November 29, 2011

NOA-----------> November 29, 2011

Check cashed-----------> December 1, 2011

EL HAMDULLELAH! =oD

pvog3oc658.png

anmde68d690bf5c310d.gif

2ls6rf4.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Guinea
Timeline

Hi, how are u? my name is gracie my fiance is waheed form egypt.

He lives at Giza also and i sent everything by the post mail using express mail I paid $40 and he got it in 3 days and they confirmed me when he got it, also u can track it online with a scan number.

Hopefully this help u. I live in chicago.

So, I finally got all of the I-134 stuff together for Ahmed to mail off, I just need to get it to him now. Which shipping methods have you used to get things to your SO? I was going to send it USPS Priority, but I am kind of afraid of all of these important documents getting lost in the Egyptian postal system, and International Priority doesn't have any tracking, signature confirmation, or anything like that. So I decided I'd send it Express, but apparently USPS does not do Express mail to Giza. DHL, FedEx and UPS all want about $80 for any size package, even just an envelope.

So, which method did you use, how long did it take, and did it make it there unscathed?

Thanks!

Amy

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My Mom sent me a package through USPS to Alex a few months ago. She sent it regular and they told her it would arrive in 10 days... it arrived in about 6. I was nervous it wouldn't make it but there was no problem at all. They wrote the english on one side and the arabic address on the other. We made sure the arabic address was really detailed. :]

It had a few books for my school and some clothes. It was a bit of a big box. I think they charged her 70$... and it was insured. I'm not sure about sending very important documents that way though...

ahlawy.jpg

l9v9m4.png

807bc02469.gif

"The believers, in their love, mutual kindness, and close ties, are like one body; when any part complains, the whole body responds to it with wakefulness and fever." [Muslim]

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." Henry David Thoreau

"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I would first try to find someone going over there and see if they will take it for you.

Allot of people do it. Its just paper - not like its going to cause harm to anything.

We had someone, coming from Lebanon, bring some papers for us a couple of months ago and all went well.

If you cant find anyone to do it for you then I would go the safest way - FedEx / DHL / UPS.

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ K-1¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 07/05/06 - Met Hayz online by accident

~ 03/30/08 - Packet sent to VSC

~ 04/22/08 - NOA1 issued - Yeah they took it this time

~ 05/22/08 - Touch

~ 07/25/08 - Touch (showed about 1pm on the USCIS site)

~ 07/25/08 - NOA2 sent (must have been later in the day - noticed it on 7/26)

~ 09/10/08 - INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED ! ! ! !

~ 09/12/08 - VISA RECEIVED

~ 10/17/08 - Arrival in the USA (JFK POE)

~ 10/31/08 - MARRIED! ! !

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ AOS¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 03/26/09 - Sent AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

~ 03/27/09 - AOS packet signed for by V BUSTAMANTE

~ 04/02/09 - NOA for AOS/ EAD / Travel Doc

~ 04/03/09 - Check cashed

~ 04/25/09 - Biometrics

~ 04/20/09 - Transferred to CSC

~ 04/25/09 - Transfer notice received in the mail

~ 04/27/09 - Arrived at CSC

~ 05/09/09 - Employment Auth / Travel Document Approved

~ 05/12/09 - AP approved - without an interview

~ 05/23/09 - Welcome letter received

~ 06/05/09 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED! ! !

~ 09/11/11 - DIVORCE - DIVORCE - DIVORCE

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks for all the input... The reason I didn't use USPS Express is because USPS told me they don't deliver express mail to Giza, so I didn't want to chance it. I ended up sending it FedEx, and it was $84 for a 2lb packet of papers. Actually, it was just over 2lbs, so I could've gone ahead and added another pound of stuff for the same price, but the FedEx guy was already there picking up the deliveries for the day, and I just wanted to get the damned thing SENT, because it's taken so long to get everything together already. So yeah... It feels kind of weird, I have been managing this process the entire way through, and now I've done all I can do, it's up to Ahmed to put Packet 3 together over there, and do the interview. I guess I will just be twiddling my thumbs until then. :whistle:

• 6 years later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Ancient thread closed to further comment~

Pitaya

VJ Moderation

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.