eltemp

May 2009 VSC K-1 Fillers

1,119 posts in this topic

I just called the NVC too. They have our case but we have an AP too. Can anyone tell me what this means? I thought the waiting was over. My nerves are shot as it is :wacko:

Thanks!

OUR TIMELINE

Feb 20 2010 - The Wedding :D

AOS

Mar 26 2010 - Sent AOS

Apr 8 2010 - Rec NOAs for AOS/EAD/AP

May 3 2010 - Original Biometrics Appointment...pfft dont ask...

May 6 2010 - AOS sent to CSC

Jun 11 2010 - Rescheduled Biometrics Appointment

Jun 2010 - Rec EAD & AP

Jul 7 2010 - notification of GC Card Production & Welcome Letter (text messages and emails)

Jul 19 2010 - Rec GC

LIFTING CONDITIONS

Apr 25 2012 - File date

Apr 30 2012 - NOA rec

May 31 2012 - Biometrics taken

Dec 18 2012 - notification of Green Card Production (text message and email)

DEC 21 2012 - Rec GC

event.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
I just called the NVC too. They have our case but we have an AP too. Can anyone tell me what this means? I thought the waiting was over. My nerves are shot as it is :wacko:

Thanks!

I can tell you what it meant for me ... almost nothing! Just a couple of days delay and more angst... but look on the bright side ... these trials build character ;) Anyway, I was almost screaming when I heard "AP" but I never heard anything else about it, and after just a few days, they sent our petition on to the consulate. Good luck!

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Naples, Italy

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-21

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-01

NVC Received : 2009-09-04

NVC Left : 2009-10-02

Consulate Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-07

Interview ... WAIVED? Never heard of this, but they didn't even interview him, just told him pick up his visa the next day.

Current Status: Interview ... waived ... I guess :) They just took his fingerprints and documents and told him everything was in order and he should pick up his visa tomorrow! WOW

I can't believe it's only been 7 months since we filed ... seems like an eternity!

Timeline
Awesome!!! congrats 2big!!! good luck the rest of your journey!!

Great news guys...i just called NVC today and they got my package today and case number has been assigned to me according to my location of embassy to issue visa....LGS 2009*****. Man this is really moving fast and i love it. I hope to see my woman by December and coming to the state with me in January. I got my NOA 2 on Sept 15 and it took just two days for NVC to receive my package....sweettttttt

using you as a template.... I hope mine will be there on Monday...

Please how do you track your package with DHL from NVC to your local US Embassy where your fiancee will receive VISA. I mean the LSG 2009 **** assigned to your case from NVC center? Does anyone know pls??

I have to look it up, I'll pm you ... look for it in a few minutes on your pm's

Event Date

Interview ... WAIVED? Never heard of this, but they didn't even interview him, just told him pick up his visa the next day.

Current Status: Interview ... waived ... I guess :) They just took his fingerprints and documents and told him everything was in order and he should pick up his visa tomorrow! WOW

I can't believe it's only been 7 months since we filed ... seems like an eternity!

Timeline
Are you guys able to see your status online today? I thought I read that someone saw theirs today, but when I go to it says

"Case Status, Processing Times, Office Locator, and Change of Address Online Unavailable

Case Status, Processing Times, Office Locator, and Change of Address Online will be unavailable starting on 9/18/09 5PM EST until 9/19/09 12PM"

But I've been trying since morning (note above says after 5pm) and can't get to a page where I can enter it in...

Hi DND...i was able to see my case on line this morning at 9:30 am (Toronto time), that's how i found out about my NOA2.

Site might be down because they are updating and rolling out the new website? That's my guess.

Great news guys...i just called NVC today and they got my package today and case number has been assigned to me according to my location of embassy to issue visa....LGS 2009*****. Man this is really moving fast and i love it. I hope to see my woman by December and coming to the state with me in January. I got my NOA 2 on Sept 15 and it took just two days for NVC to receive my package....sweettttttt

you can go to DHL website, then "track by reference" then put in EXP XX XXX 2009A ... but the X's are the day and month it was shipped, for example 14 SEP ... just play around with the date a bit, then you'll see a list and you scroll to look for your consulate city in the destination column

Event Date

Timeline

using you as a template.... I hope mine will be there on Monday...

Please how do you track your package with DHL from NVC to your local US Embassy where your fiancee will receive VISA. I mean the LSG 2009 **** assigned to your case from NVC center? Does anyone know pls??

I have to look it up, I'll pm you ... look for it in a few minutes on your pm's

better i put it here, in case someone else needs it ... you can go to DHL website, then "track by reference" then put in EXP XX XXX 2009A ... but the X's are the day and month it was shipped, for example 14 SEP ... just play around with the date a bit, then you'll see a list and you scroll to look for your consulate city in the destination column

Event Date

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Am I the only one to just realize there are 2 different forums for May 2009 filers??? and they both have about 54 pages ... I kept wondering why sometimes the May filer forum didn't look the same as it did the last time I looked at it ... LOL ... Anyway, if there is someone else out there as slow to notice such things as I was, be aware there is a May 2009 filers forum and a May 2009 k-1 filers forum

Ladonna - There is one for K1 for CSC but the creator of that forum didn't do as nice of a job as ELTEMP did but define type of visa and location of service center.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline
Am I the only one to just realize there are 2 different forums for May 2009 filers??? and they both have about 54 pages ... I kept wondering why sometimes the May filer forum didn't look the same as it did the last time I looked at it ... LOL ... Anyway, if there is someone else out there as slow to notice such things as I was, be aware there is a May 2009 filers forum and a May 2009 k-1 filers forum

Ladonna - There is one for K1 for CSC but the creator of that forum didn't do as nice of a job as ELTEMP did but define type of visa and location of service center.

Hey Thanks for the recognition but give the credit to VJ creator.... :thumbs:

Also whoever got an "AP" is just like any other thing it could be a couple of days sometimes more.... but think positively that your case will leave for your respective embassy next week!!

have a good weekend everyone.... and hopefully we'll see more people approvals.... I'm rooting for J&T and for Jeshel.....

Hey Thanks for the recognition but give the credit to VJ creator.... :thumbs:

Also whoever got an "AP" is just like any other thing it could be a couple of days sometimes more.... but think positively that your case will leave for your respective embassy next week!!

have a good weekend everyone.... and hopefully we'll see more people approvals.... I'm rooting for J&T and for Jeshel.....

Thanks for the positive words Eltemp. I almost had a melt down when I heard AP, but we gotta think positive. I can't let it get the better of me now after all this time, though I swear I found a grey hair the other day (i'm only 28)!

Good luck to everyone in your journey which ever point you may be at. Remember to stay strong and think of your blissful future with your SO :D

OUR TIMELINE

Feb 20 2010 - The Wedding :D

AOS

Mar 26 2010 - Sent AOS

Apr 8 2010 - Rec NOAs for AOS/EAD/AP

May 3 2010 - Original Biometrics Appointment...pfft dont ask...

May 6 2010 - AOS sent to CSC

Jun 11 2010 - Rescheduled Biometrics Appointment

Jun 2010 - Rec EAD & AP

Jul 7 2010 - notification of GC Card Production & Welcome Letter (text messages and emails)

Jul 19 2010 - Rec GC

LIFTING CONDITIONS

Apr 25 2012 - File date

Apr 30 2012 - NOA rec

May 31 2012 - Biometrics taken

Dec 18 2012 - notification of Green Card Production (text message and email)

DEC 21 2012 - Rec GC

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

yes tina some person i talked says it typically 2-4 weeks and some says ap i dont know which is correct ,but they give me an assign number which is MNL# hope they will forward it soon to the consulate..:-)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Good morning May!

Congratulations to the people who got their NOA2!! :dance::dance:

Congratulations to everyone else who is progressing, it really is good to hear that great news! I bet it feels quite crazy booking interveiws and such when you've been waiting so long!

As for me I am still waiting but I have adopted a calmer attitude towards it, I'm just going enjoy my weekend and take Eltemps advice of -trying- not to think about it, and maybe it will come. I haven't had a touch since 17/09/09 and their new sites says Initial Review which I think is good, not sure how it works but I think if they haven't looked at your case yet, you'd be on the first little bubble? But heyho!

Does it feel better now you guys are past the NOA2 stage and onto NVC/Consulate or is it worse? I always though to myself it would be better cause you can have a bit more of an active role rather than just waiting and not knowing.

Going to make some lunch, enjoy your day guys.

Best wishes to everyone who's still waiting/in AP.

Jaz :thumbs:

x

Your I-129f was approved in 138 days from your NOA1 date. [4months 2 weeks and 2days!]

29/04/09: I129f Sent.

07/12/09: Interview - Approved!!

24/01/10: POE George Bush Intl Houston - Exactly one year since I saw Travis.

Married 15/04/2010

AOS & EAD

09-06-2010. AoS Packet w/EAD sent with DS-3025.

16-06-2010. NOA1 x2 Received.

09-07-2010. Biometrics Apt.

12-07-2010. Case Transferred to CSC.

21-07-2010. Case Received by CSC.

27-07-2010. Touched~

28-07-2010. Touched.

11-08-2010. EAD Card production ordered

20/10/2010. AoS approved!

28/10/2010. Green Card received! Wooop. :)

Timeline
Good morning May!

x

Hey Jaz,

Thank you for taking the approach I suggested (even though I know it is NOT easy...). Secondly, I did see on the website the new case status layout... now from what I read there most of those stages do not apply to us...so, the next step will be either "RFE" or "Decision", I'm sure it will be the second one rather than the first one ;) ....like I said the other day... enjoy the other things you can do try to keep yourself busy...because unfortunately you cannot change how fast/slow they work... I'm sure you'll get it soon because it seems pretty weird that they worked 3 days and no decision yet, so I know is coming... have a great weekend!!

Temp

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Good morning May!

Congratulations to everyone else who is progressing, it really is good to hear that great news! I bet it feels quite crazy booking interveiws and such when you've been waiting so long!

As for me I am still waiting but I have adopted a calmer attitude towards it, I'm just going enjoy my weekend and take Eltemps advice of -trying- not to think about it, and maybe it will come. I haven't had a touch since 17/09/09 and their new sites says Initial Review which I think is good, not sure how it works but I think if they haven't looked at your case yet, you'd be on the first little bubble? But heyho!

Does it feel better now you guys are past the NOA2 stage and onto NVC/Consulate or is it worse? I always though to myself it would be better cause you can have a bit more of an active role rather than just waiting and not knowing.

x

I think initial review means you have a NOA1. My understand is they haven't touched the case.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Good morning May!

x

I think initial review means you have a NOA1. My understand is they haven't touched the case.

I thought that the NOA1 was acceptence, It says under acceptance "USCIS issues a receipt number for the application or petition, and sends a receipt notice to the applicant." Which would be the NOA1. I could be wrong but it says under Initial Review that it concerns background checks on the Petitioner, which would explain my 3 touches in a row. I don't know why they'd start that if they weren't looking at my petition. Maybe I'm just being too hopeful!

No approvals yet today it looks like, do they work weekends? :blush:

I've actually had a really good day, I've been out in the sun[yes it's occasionally sunny in england!], with a few glasses of wine relaxing and reading a book! It might sound silly but sometimes all you need is for someone to tell you to relax before you actually do. Again thanks Temp! ^^

Best wishes.

Jaz.

x

Your I-129f was approved in 138 days from your NOA1 date. [4months 2 weeks and 2days!]

29/04/09: I129f Sent.

07/12/09: Interview - Approved!!

24/01/10: POE George Bush Intl Houston - Exactly one year since I saw Travis.

Married 15/04/2010

AOS & EAD

09-06-2010. AoS Packet w/EAD sent with DS-3025.

16-06-2010. NOA1 x2 Received.

09-07-2010. Biometrics Apt.

12-07-2010. Case Transferred to CSC.

21-07-2010. Case Received by CSC.

27-07-2010. Touched~

28-07-2010. Touched.

11-08-2010. EAD Card production ordered

20/10/2010. AoS approved!

28/10/2010. Green Card received! Wooop. :)

Timeline
I thought that the NOA1 was acceptence, It says under acceptance "USCIS issues a receipt number for the application or petition, and sends a receipt notice to the applicant." Which would be the NOA1. I could be wrong but it says under Initial Review that it concerns background checks on the Petitioner, which would explain my 3 touches in a row. I don't know why they'd start that if they weren't looking at my petition. Maybe I'm just being too hopeful!

I've actually had a really good day, I've been out in the sun[yes it's occasionally sunny in england!], with a few glasses of wine relaxing and reading a book! It might sound silly but sometimes all you need is for someone to tell you to relax before you actually do. Again thanks Temp! ^^

Best wishes.

Jaz.

Zup May Fillers...

No approvals so far, that really sucks!! but we still got time to see someone being approved...

Regarding what does each status means.... what I've read on USCIS's website concurs with what Jaz posted...although being a government thing you never know!! However, it would not make sense all those updates or touches on your case these last days....regarding the weather.. well here in Atlanta weather is like London's (from what I remember) so RAIN, and it's gonna be like that for a bunch of days... which is cool if you wanna get some sleep but not when you gotta work and study :angry: ... :ot2: they do work on weekends but I do not know on what terms, I've seen people being approved on Saturdays and Sundays.... and also I've seen other Vjers comment that sometimes officers take cases home to work on them... being that they want to look good for their annual report (5 month goal), I would not be surprised if they are working weekends!!

I hope that info helps... now keep in mind this all based on "word to mouth" information, so I cannot prove it...

regards everyone!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Good morning May!

x

Best wishes.

Jaz.

x

It says the acceptance step is completed after 2 business days. So, I think the review step means they are doing nothing with it. What does a touch look like with the new system?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.