eltemp

May 2009 VSC K-1 Fillers

1,119 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hey Guys!!!

We've got new updates from USCIS is now saying processing time for I-129F 5 months :dance::dance: let's hope that they hold to this information.

Please help yourselves and check it out, maybe I am too desperate to get my NOA2 that I can't see straight!! LOL

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDis...mFEvveq_DdZvzms

That's very good news! If that's the case, then I imagine there's a good chance that we'd be approved in 4 months (September in our case), which makes a December visa much more likely :thumbs:

Yeah I'm hoping the NOA2 comes quickly because Montreal is taking forever to book interviews.

K-1 Journey

04/30/2009 - I-129F sent to VSC

03/30/2010 - Interview @ MTL APPROVED!

04/13/2010 - POE @ Pearson International

05/23/2010 - WEDDING

AOS Journey

07/20/2010 - AOS/AP/EAD Sent

07/21/2010 - package received at Chicago

07/28/2010 - check cashed

07/30/2010 - received NOA1 in mail

08/01/2010 - received biometrics letter

08/20/2010 - walk in biometrics completed

08/23/2010 - finally entered into USCIS online -AP's touched on Aug11 and EAD and AOS touched on Aug20 08/30/2010 - AOS/EAD touched

09/09/2010 - AP approved (email notice)

09/13/2010 - Received email that EAD was approved on Sept 10

10/04/2010 - Received interview letter in Mail

11/09/2010 - Interview-APPROVED! 112 days

11/09/2010 - Card Production 11/22/2010 - Green Card received

ROC Journey

08/11/2012 - Eligible to file for ROC10/11/2012 - sent in I-751 (late)10/16/2012 - received NOA 11/20/2012 - biometrics

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
I think its more of a norm that the gentler sex in a relationship are the worriers.

This sucks. Petitioners at both centers pay the same amount for a service yet get different results. Something which affects people's lives. They should have adjudicators at the centers to take some sort of sensitivity training to be able to understand how taxing a long distance relationship can be and the effect of long drawn out red tape on the well being of families, children, spouses, fiances affected. Maybe then they would speed things up. How people don't even get to spend their first year of marriage together. How people don't get to see the birth of their first child or see the first of anything the child does during the first year. How much stress all the waiting puts on people affecting them mentally, emotionally and physically.

As of now, I imagine we're just dots on paperwork to them. Nameless faces. They shouldn't require so much personal information about a relationship to be divulged and then treat it with impassive apathy. And then hire incompetent people to run their misinformation line to placate people whos lives are being put on hold. I bet if their loved ones were at the hospital and some newbie doctor came up and gave some bullshit diagnosis of what is going on, they wouldn't be happy either and would be screaming bloody murder. The system should be more transparent. The openness should go both ways.

And then they should go through some training where they are told to imagine something they want more than anything in the world and then make it impossible for them to do anything but wait. Being helpless is horrible. The human condition allows some hope where a situation exists where actual action can be undertaken. To strip someone of that ability to do anything but wait and then place the decision in the hands of a complete stranger and THEN expect them to be happy waiting months for a decision by this person to be made is just inhumane.

Hear, Hear!!.

Any person I spoke with on the phone regarding this K-1 visa was not rude, but certainly was insensitive to how we feel. Good thing we have all our friends here at VJ to help us through the process and support us and afford us some transparency to the mystery that is the K-1 visa process!!

I have kept relatively quiet in this group, since I felt guilty about getting the NOA2 so quickly when so many others wait for so long, but I have been following along with May VSC filers progress, and wish you all many successes.

Were you able to see your case online and received touches? Thanks for the good wishes! Best of luck to you, too!

We were able to see our case online, but never received any touches and it still says pending to this day! Don't rely on this too much. The next step, NVC is even more mysterious than waiting for NOA2 - no rhyme or reason to being put into additional processing (or even what it means) - hopefully the May filers will not have to go through this. After getting through NVC, be sure to call the DOS to get the interview date. Ours is one month from today. We are pretty anxious about this day.

K-1 VISA APPLICATION

I-129F: 5-20-09

Check cashed: 5-26-09

1st NOA: 5-26-09

2nd NOA: 6-17-09

NVC received: 7-1-09

Out of AP at NVC: 7-14-09

Delivered to consulate: 7-17-09

Received Package 3: 7-24-09

Returned Package 3: 7-31-09

Medical Exam: 8-5-09

Interview: 9-14-09

Received Visa: 9-23-09

Entered USA:9-25-09

Wedding Date: 11-20-09

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

AOS sent: 11-03-09

AOS 1st NOA recd: 11-20-09

AOS RFE recd: 12-1-09

Biometrics Appt: 12-15-09

RFE response sent: 12-17-09

Transfer to CSC: 01-05-10

EAD Approved: 01-11-10

AP Approved: 01-07-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Package sent: 11-28-2011

RFE received: 09-05-2012

Response sent: 09-19-2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone,

I guess things aren't as bad as they seem at VSC. At least there seem to be a few approvals every single day for the past few days. Glad that things are finally looking up for us. Here's to hoping for December visas :thumbs:

Have a great weekend!

TiNa

Naturalization Journey

----------------------------------------------------

12/18/12 - Send N-400 package to Phoenix Lockbox!

12/21/12 - Delivered and signed for by Fernando Dominguez

12/24/12 - E-mail notification that file sent to NBC (now able to check case status online!)

12/28/12 - E-mail notification that biometrics notice was sent!

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

04/02/13 - Interview! Passed!

May 2013 - Oath Ceremony!

Timeline
Hi everyone!!! Just recieved NOA2 august 13, 2009 from email. Can i request CENOMAR from NSO? or do i need to wait for ATTY's instruction?

Congrats! Are you a May filer with VSC?

Naturalization Journey

12/24/12 - E-mail notification that file sent to NBC (now able to check case status online!)

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Nah, looks like they're from CSC. Must be a mispost in the wrong thread. That's about right, CSC is on May now.

N-400 Stuff:
07/02/16 : N-400 sent

07/11/16 : NOA1

07/28/16 : Biometrics

04/03/17: Interview (approved)

04/14/17: Judicial oath ceremony

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

I'm hanging in there with you all on the December Visa's. That would make a spectacular Christmas present. Who knows, a few of us may run into each other in New York picking up our fiancee's lol.

January 2009 - K-1 Denied by the consulate

January 2011 - Moved to India - Yikes!

October 2011 - DCF filing rejected by overzealous employee at the embassy

December 2011 - Tourist visa denied (not surprising)

March 2012 - CR1/IR1 process started

May 1, 2012 - RFE and some of our information was entered into the computer wrong by the CSC

Read about all the shenanigans of my relationship at American Punjaban PI

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Youre in NC too?

We recently relocated from MD so POE was always gonna be DCA or IAD at DC or LAX then on to aforementioned airports.

Now in NC so not sure what the POE will be. Hope it will be a muticultural state so there's less hassle. Friend of mine advised to look for a blue state.

N-400 Stuff:
07/02/16 : N-400 sent

07/11/16 : NOA1

07/28/16 : Biometrics

04/03/17: Interview (approved)

04/14/17: Judicial oath ceremony

we are a may filer too from vsc hope our noa2s come soon.. read lots of approved may petitions from csc.... hope ours too come soon..... :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Timeline

Hey everyone,

How are y'all doing? It's been 20 days since we sent our change of address and we have heard nothing from USCIS :(

I believe they said to wait 45 days, but I can't imagine why things take that long. Oh well, just wanted to vent out my frustration.

Hope everyone has a great week.

TiNa

Naturalization Journey

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hey everyone,

How are y'all doing? It's been 20 days since we sent our change of address and we have heard nothing from USCIS :(

I believe they said to wait 45 days, but I can't imagine why things take that long. Oh well, just wanted to vent out my frustration.

Hope everyone has a great week.

TiNa

Hey Tina,

I'm so glad to hear that everything went well when your fiance was up last week :) I did have a wonderful weekend, but of course, the minute he left it's been a challenge. I hear you about your frustration...i'm starting to get antsy and just want to get married and be with the one i love! ugh!!

ok...that's my vent for the night :)

keep the faith everyone!

Our Journey to Happiness :)

Oct 30, 2002 - We met in Toronto while he was visiting on a business trip from the US

Dated until early 2004 and then distance became an issue

Sept 16, 2007 - He initiated contact with me after almost 4 years!

Jan 2008 - He came to Toronto to visit and see if there was still 'something' there

Feb 28, 2009 - He proposed in front of my family in our condo in Toronto!!!

May 13, 2009 - sent in I-129F (Lawyer is handling our process)

May 15, 2009 - received receipt of NOA1

September 16, 2009 - NOA2!!!

Nov 4/09 - sent packet 3

Nov 25/09 - info logged in system

Interview date - March 22, 2010!!! ***APPROVED!!!***

POE @ Queenston/Lewiston - April 4th, 2010

Wedding date - July 17, 2010

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

DO NOT WAIT for them to respond. Call them. 18003755283

press 1-3-1-2

They are trying to screw us over saying I never put in a change of address. The cost for a remailed NOA2 is over $300!!!

moving right along

Timeline

DO NOT WAIT for them to respond. Call them. 18003755283

press 1-3-1-2

They are trying to screw us over saying I never put in a change of address. The cost for a remailed NOA2 is over $300!!!

Hi,

Are you saying that they could have sent our NOA2? We did get a touch, but it was after we put our change of address. Thanks.

TiNa

Naturalization Journey

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

Timeline

Good morning, May filers!

Well, it looks like they are starting in on April filers now, so that may put us in mid-September to get our NOA2's. That would be perfect for me, since the Montreal consulate takes on average of 2 months for interview booking, and I would be able to reach the goal of moving in December...that used to be wishful thinking, but now it might actually be possible :thumbs:

Anyway, that's it for now. Hope y'all have a wonderful day and here's to hoping that more April approvals come so they start in on us :)

TiNa

Naturalization Journey

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Tina,

Thanks so much for the positive vibes...it's been a challenging week for me and i needed a vote of confidence. It's good to hear that Montreal is on average 2 months, because i read that it was an average of 4 months! I also noticed that as of the last few weeks, we have been moving up quickly on Igor's list :)

Enjoy the rest of your week and let's keep the positivity going!!!

Our Journey to Happiness :)

Oct 30, 2002 - We met in Toronto while he was visiting on a business trip from the US

Dated until early 2004 and then distance became an issue

Sept 16, 2007 - He initiated contact with me after almost 4 years!

Jan 2008 - He came to Toronto to visit and see if there was still 'something' there

Feb 28, 2009 - He proposed in front of my family in our condo in Toronto!!!

May 13, 2009 - sent in I-129F (Lawyer is handling our process)

May 15, 2009 - received receipt of NOA1

September 16, 2009 - NOA2!!!

Nov 4/09 - sent packet 3

Nov 25/09 - info logged in system

Interview date - March 22, 2010!!! ***APPROVED!!!***

POE @ Queenston/Lewiston - April 4th, 2010

Wedding date - July 17, 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.