amerisian

I need your advice

13 posts in this topic

Hi to all,

Greetings!

Me and my fiancee are planning to get married this year but still we are considering what visa we need to apply. I just want to ask an advice from those who are successful with regards to their visa application. Which one is best? K1 or K3? thanks...hope to hear from you....

IR-5 Timeline (Petitioning my mother from the Philippines)

01/06/2017 - Mailed Petition to Arizona Lockbox via USPS certified mail - Paid: $4 and change

01/09//2017 - Petition was received (Priority Date)

01/16/2017 - Received  text and email notification that case was accepted and routed to Texas Service Center

01/20//2017 - Received NOA1 in the mail (Form I-179c)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi to all,

Greetings!

Me and my fiancee are planning to get married this year but still we are considering what visa we need to apply. I just want to ask an advice from those who are successful with regards to their visa application. Which one is best? K1 or K3? thanks...hope to hear from you....

where do you want to marry... in the states or abroad?

YMMV

Hi to all,

Greetings!

Thanks, for the reply. We are planning to get married here in the Philippines. I want to know if K3 is complicated and takes time to be approve? that's what i heard. otherwise we will just apply for K1 if is it...thank you.

01/06/2017 - Mailed Petition to Arizona Lockbox via USPS certified mail - Paid: $4 and change

01/16/2017 - Received  text and email notification that case was accepted and routed to Texas Service Center

Timeline
Hi to all,

Greetings!

Thanks, for the reply. We are planning to get married here in the Philippines. I want to know if K3 is complicated and takes time to be approve? that's what i heard. otherwise we will just apply for K1 if is it...thank you.

they all take time... so if you want to marry in the PI then K-3 or IR/CR-1 are your only options...

K-1 by default can be the quickest because you can file the petition TODAY (assuming you have met and have all the documents) versus waiting until AFTER a marriage ceremony has occurred....

YMMV

Hi to all,

Greetings!

As far as processing time is concern..K3 takes little longer than K 1 and K 3 is also more complicated and more strict when it comes to medical. Most of my friends who came here thru k3 got their visas after more than a year some of them even 2 yrs.

K1 is still the best for me aside from the fact that it's still the quickest way to come here.

Timeline
As far as processing time is concern..K3 takes little longer than K 1 and K 3 is also more complicated and more strict when it comes to medical.

Please explain the differences in the medical....

YMMV

As far as processing time is concern..K3 takes little longer than K 1 and K 3 is also more complicated and more strict when it comes to medical.

They will require all the medical tests that k1 don't.In K1 medical exam they only do the basic physical examinations ,,,correct me if i am wrong people.K3 is a lil longer but still you have to adjust your status like k1.

Timeline

They will require all the medical tests that k1 don't.In K1 medical exam they only do the basic physical examinations ,,,correct me if i am wrong people.K3 is a lil longer but still you have to adjust your status like k1.

and what would those tests be?

A visa medical exam is looking for visa ineligibilities.... this is the same for ALL visa types... the only difference would be the required vaccinations for the IR/CR-1 visa versus optional for the "K" visas..

YMMV

Hi to all,

Greetings!

As far as processing time is concern..K3 takes little longer than K 1 and K 3 is also more complicated and more strict when it comes to medical. Most of my friends who came here thru k3 got their visas after more than a year some of them even 2 yrs.

K1 is still the best for me aside from the fact that it's still the quickest way to come here.

Thanks for reply. Really? Is K1 will be approve even you just meet once? and we are only about 5 months in our relationship but we known each other since 2001 and become a close friend online. in those years we do call, send message and chat to each other but without any intimate conversation. thanks a lot..God bless

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

As long as you have met within 2 years of filing you can file today. That means if you have seen your wife after April 2007 then you can file now

Good luck.

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

As long as you have met within 2 years of filing you can file today. That means if you have seen your wife after April 2007 then you can file now

Good luck.

Hi, thank you very much for the info....it helped me a lot. God bless

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry to clarify, I meant fiance - if you have seen your fiance within 2 years you can file today. Obviously if you are married then my above comment does not apply.

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Sorry to clarify, I meant fiance - if you have seen your fiance within 2 years you can file today. Obviously if you are married then my above comment does not apply.

A critical point is that the K1 is a fiance(e) visa. As such, it requires the marriage take place in the USA. If you wish to marry in the Philippines, K1 is not an option.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.