liam4lisa

Help with Interview preparation!!!

10 posts in this topic

Hello VJ'ers,

I have began my prepartation for the AOS interview and i have a few questions i hope someone can help me out with

:help:

1) All documentation establishing your eligibility for Lawful permanent Resident Status

I have my I- 94! what other kind of evidence do they require??

2) Evidence of your Sponsors or Co Sponsors United States Citizenship

My wife has a Birth Certificate and Drivers License, Would this be sufficient to prove her Status as a U.S Citizen??

3) Birth Certificates for all children of this marriage, and custody papers for your children and for your spouses children not living with you.

I don't have any Children but my wife has 2 Children, We have her Son every other week, My wife has a Daughter who has moved out and is living in a Apartment. Do we need to submit Birth Certificates for both of the Children????

4) Evidence of your relationship!

I will be going of the list but is there anything anyone would suggest to enclose in the evidence of proof of relationship??

Thanks in advance guys and help would really be appreciated

Liam

12/30/2005 Arrived in the USA (Finally made it

02/17/2006 received my social security number

03/10/2006 We Got Married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04/19/2006 Sent in AOS & EAD papers

04/27/2006 Touched for AOS & EAD

05/11/2006 Biometrics for AOS & EAD[/color]

06/07/2006 Received AOS appointment letter (july 14th 06)

07/07/2006 Recieved EAD

07/14/06 AOS APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!! All in less than 3 months (that's unbeleivable)

4/21/08 Filed I-751

4/26/08 Check cashed

4/28/08 NOA received

5/16/08 Attended Biometrics

9/12/08 Green Card arrived in mail :-)

To see wedding pics click on link below:

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/thumbna...y&uid=14079

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

use your checklist and grab anything extra. I took photos of us together and at family gatherings. I took a letter from our bank manager stating our joint account along with statments. I took a letter from our pastor for our church we attend. They were happy with all we took.

May God's Grace be all you will ever need ticker.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
1) All documentation establishing your eligibility for Lawful permanent Resident Status

You should bring everything you have from the list in the letter: supporting documents, copies of everything you already filed, and the originals they require.

My wife has a Birth Certificate and Drivers License, Would this be sufficient to prove her Status as a U.S Citizen??

Birth certificate should be fine. If she has a passport, bring the passport as well.

3) Birth Certificates for all children of this marriage, and custody papers for your children and for your spouses children not living with you.

I don't have any Children but my wife has 2 Children, We have her Son every other week, My wife has a Daughter who has moved out and is living in a Apartment. Do we need to submit Birth Certificates for both of the Children????

Yes.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello VJ'ers,

I have began my prepartation for the AOS interview and i have a few questions i hope someone can help me out with

I will be going of the list but is there anything anyone would suggest to enclose in the evidence of proof of relationship??

Liam

1. I can't remember if you had to send in the copy of your NOA2 noting that your original petition was approved with your AOS packet, or if you have to take that in to the interview with you, but that is a big document to prove you are eligible. My mind is slipping on anything else that might entail...sorry I'm not much help on this one =o(

2. Birth certificate and State ID were good enough for me last year, I did not own a passport. If they have a passport use that over anything else...but birth certificate and a government issued photo ID worked for me.

3. I'm not exactly sure...someone else will know for sure though.

4. We took pictures, original copy of our joint checking account statement, my wife had her insurance cards that she gets through being on my health plan, we had a letter from my employer showing her as the beneficiary of my life insurance policy that I have through work also. Any and every bill that might be in both of your names: car insurance, utilitys, lease/mortgage, joint credit cards or being an authorized user of one anothers card.

I also had an updated letter from my employer showing that I had a pay rate increase, and also took an updated Affadavit of Support, but our interviewer wasn't that interested in those, nor was she very much interested in my pay stubs or tax returns....but it seems they are starting to be a little more strict on all of this now.

Wish I could be of a little more help with some of the other questions you had, but I hope some of what I said was at least useful =o)

Any information I post is based upon my personal experience only. I am not a lawyer.

Does anyone have anything they could add to this please?

Thanks Liam

12/30/2005 Arrived in the USA (Finally made it

02/17/2006 received my social security number

03/10/2006 We Got Married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04/19/2006 Sent in AOS & EAD papers

04/27/2006 Touched for AOS & EAD

05/11/2006 Biometrics for AOS & EAD[/color]

06/07/2006 Received AOS appointment letter (july 14th 06)

07/07/2006 Recieved EAD

07/14/06 AOS APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!! All in less than 3 months (that's unbeleivable)

4/21/08 Filed I-751

4/26/08 Check cashed

4/28/08 NOA received

5/16/08 Attended Biometrics

9/12/08 Green Card arrived in mail :-)

To see wedding pics click on link below:

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/thumbna...y&uid=14079

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
Hello VJ'ers,

Liam

1. I think for this one you need your marriage certificate, I-94 and passport. You applied AOS (which in this case will lead to LPR) based on marriage to a USC, so you need to prove that you are married to a USC.

2. My hubby brought his passport and birth certificate. BC is enough to prove US citizenship though.

3. The keyword here is "..... for all children of this marriage..." If you and your wife don't have children, then you don't need to bring anything. My hubby has a son, so he is my stepson, we didn't bring his BC or nothing and they didn't ask for it either.

4. We had photos, letters, bills, joint bank account and credit card, health insurance.

Me- Indonesia & hubby - US

married in Vancouver, Canada

USCIS-free for 10 years !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hmm...I thought I remembered reading that for the AOS interview, we have to bring the BC of any children either of us have.

Maybe I am wrong. Glad you did not need it, the angells.

PS Liam and Lisa- your photos are so lovely!!

Edited by chili74

February 3, 2005. Applied for K-1.

July 14, 2005. Email to NVC congressional unit

Nov 2, 2005. Letter to congressman

Nov 8, 2005. Letter from congressman

December 19, 2005. Visa interview in Moscow. (250 days at NVC)

January 27, 2006. POE: JFK.

April 8, 2006. Wedding in USA.

April 19, 2006. Apply for AOS.

July 12, 2006. AOS Interview.

February 26, 2008. Letter to congresswoman.

March 19, 2008. Conditional Permanent residence began!!

2009: Wake up and get on the uscis train again - lifting conditions

Dec 21, 2009. Eligible to apply to remove conditions

February 2010: 10-yr Green Card Received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Good luck for ur interview!!!! (F)

Maria

Got married in Killeen, Texas on April 27 2004

*°K-3 Visa°*

Oct 12 2005 - Sent I-130 to NSC

Oct 24 2005 - NOA 1

Nov 7 2005 - Sent I-129F to Chicago

Nov 9 2005 - NOA 1

Dec 5 2005 - NOA 2 - I-129F Approved!!! (28 days)

Dec 13 2005 - Application Forwarded to NVC

Dec 16 2005 - Application received by the Consulate in Italy

Jan 4 2006 - Packet 3

Jan 10 2006 - Sent "Applicant's Statement" to Naples

Jan 27 2006 - Packet 4

Feb 22 2006 - Medical and Interview

Feb 22 2006 - Interview... APPROVED Got the Visa!!!

Mar 2 2006 - I-130 case *touched*

Mar 6 2006 - RFE for the I-130 (Marriage Certificate)

Mar 14 2006 - Sent RFE to CSC

Mar 21 2006 - RFE received by CSC

Mar 30 2006 - Detroit POE - Got the I-94

Mar 31 2006 - I-130 NOA 2 - APPROVED!!! (170 days)

*°AOS°*

Mar 31 2006 - I-765 sent to Chicago

Apr 5 2006 - I-765 NOA1

Apr 7 2006 - Vaccination Supplement appt. in Cleveland

Apr 13 2006 - EAD Biometrics Appointment Letter

Apr 18 2006 - EAD Biometrics in Pittsburg

Apr 22 2006 - I-485 sent to Chicago lockbox

Apr 28 2006 - I-485 NOA1

May 3 2006 - EAD Approved!! (33 days)

May 5 2006 - EAC received (NOA2)

May 5 2006 - AOS Biometrics Appointment Letter

May 8 2006 - Applied for Social Security Number

May 11 2006 - AOS Biometrics Appointment in Pittsburgh

May 18 2006 - Social Security Card arrived in the mail

May 18 2006 - Interview Appointment Letter

May 31 2006 - Flew back to Italy

Jun 24 2006 - I-485 *touched*

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Good luck with the interview, you will do fine. :thumbs:

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

All I can add is please remember all important dates (marriage, birth dates) from the biographical information and your spouses parents names and childrens dates of birth, place of birth. They may ask how you met and where you were married. They are trying to trip you up in case it is a bogus marriage. We were well prepared for most of the questions and grilling. You may get a decent immigration officer who will show some kindness.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.