yahya_marie

PLS HELP ME

27 posts in this topic

me i make 691.00 and with the kids we all make 1,880.00 is that enough

Are you on welfare?

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

The fact that you are disabled doesn't automatically require you obtain a co-sponsor - you must however earn (somehow) 125% of the Poverty Guidelines and be able to show evidence of such - if active duty military, you are allowed to earn only 100% (or the number indicated in the link you provided). :thumbs:

For a K-1 process you only need to meet the 100% rule if you are adjusting status then you need to meet the 125% rule.

K-1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 10/07/2008

I-129F NOA1 : 10/09/2008

I-129F NOA2 : 02/17/2009

Received Invitation Letter: 03/18/2009

Interview Approved: 5/19/2009

Travel to US: 6/28/2009

Married: 8/13/2009

Adjustment of Status (Green Card)

Sent : 02/11/2010

NOA : 02/18/2010

Biometrics : 03/16/2010

Interview Approved : 05/25/2010

Green Card in Hand : 06/22/2010

Removal of Conditions

Sent : 05/18/2012

Delivery Confirmation: 5/21/2012

The fact that you are disabled doesn't automatically require you obtain a co-sponsor - you must however earn (somehow) 125% of the Poverty Guidelines and be able to show evidence of such - if active duty military, you are allowed to earn only 100% (or the number indicated in the link you provided). :thumbs:

For a K-1 process you only need to meet the 100% rule if you are adjusting status then you need to meet the 125% rule.

Unfortunately - most embassies require the 125% level - she would need to check what they want.

can you apply with california if they say that you have to apply with vermont

No, you have to apply to the center that your current address requires.

If you send it to wrong place, they will foward it to the correct center.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Unfortunately - most embassies require the 125% level - she would need to check what they want.

can you apply with california if they say that you have to apply with vermont

No, you have to apply to the center that your current address requires.

If you send it to wrong place, they will foward it to the correct center.

:oops: Your right. I forgot about that. I don't remeber where I saw the 100% rule, but I'm thinking it could have been at my embassy/consulate website. I assume that the best thing to do is have a cosponsor. Better be safe than sorry correct.

K-1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 10/07/2008

I-129F NOA1 : 10/09/2008

I-129F NOA2 : 02/17/2009

Received Invitation Letter: 03/18/2009

Interview Approved: 5/19/2009

Travel to US: 6/28/2009

Married: 8/13/2009

Adjustment of Status (Green Card)

Sent : 02/11/2010

NOA : 02/18/2010

Biometrics : 03/16/2010

Interview Approved : 05/25/2010

Green Card in Hand : 06/22/2010

Removal of Conditions

Sent : 05/18/2012

Delivery Confirmation: 5/21/2012

<snip>

:oops: Your right. I forgot about that. I don't remeber where I saw the 100% rule, but I'm thinking it could have been at my embassy/consulate website. I assume that the best thing to do is have a cosponsor. Better be safe than sorry correct.

It says it on the State.gov site - one of the FAQ's - but if you read the handbook they use, it references the I-864. Go figure :)

Edited by Bobby_Umit

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I am not sure, but i htink i read a review in france embassy section, in which she mentionned they have been in trouble bc the usc citizen was disabled.

ok let's see if i can find it back.

good luck.

Marriage: 01-26-2032

homesick: 01-30-2032

Divorce: 10-13-2032

you will stay married for 290 days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

so maybe the co-sponsor is a requirement when someone is disabled.

"Review Topic: K1 Visa

We went to our first interview November 13th 2006. Everything seemed to go fine. The interviewer asked questions, some too personal, and checked papers. She was sociable and pleasant to deal with. She said that the visa was approved, we would receive the passport in two weeks, but that there was just one item to check on and she would get back to us if it was any problem. one month passed. no passport. we wrote the embassy which said that there had been a change of personnel and that the new person wanted to see us and review the case. This person was also sociable. He said no that we could not be approved because the fiancée was disabled and we would need a co sponsor so that he would hold the form for one year and that we could be married in the us and then have the husband apply for a V1 or V2 visa so he could come and work/live in the US until we got a sponsor. April 29, 2007 Fiancé comes thru Dallas Ftw airport and is almost turned around, but a nice immigration officer (after 3 hours of interrogations) permit him to enter the US. He told us that the petition was approved in November 2006 and that the 'window'was now closed. We were married and summarily separated. He is now in France and I am in the US. Something we had waited two and one half years to avoid. All of our paperwork was in order, the petition was approved and we were misinformed by the consulate. We contacted them by letter, the response (by telephone) shows that the letter was never even seriously read. The person said that the K1 was closed and that there was nothing they could now do and then gave instructions to marry in France and to now restart the whole process as if we had never done a thing. We are already married. And the consulate could take responsibility for its actions and revalidate the Visa. Paris embassy duped us, took our money , our time, our nerves. They tricked us and trapped us apart from one another.

"

Edited by Ginger cat

Marriage: 01-26-2032

homesick: 01-30-2032

Divorce: 10-13-2032

you will stay married for 290 days.

i think it depend on the consol or maybe just luck, my ex-bf now my hubby is receiving SSDI and we made it, that was almost 3 yrs ago though in USE at Manila Philippines, it was tough though, better look for a co-sponsor.

10 Yrs. Unconditional Greencard Approved, 06 - 03 - 2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.