13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey everyone

i am going on 9 months in AP and I am so sad....

I am here in India and I just want to take my husband back with me.....

I have stopped my life because I am here in india... i love my husband but its tough living in a third world country.....

i just hope he gets his visa and me n him cna finally start our life..... im just here to vent because i know our app is on someone elses desk collecting dust an its so upsetting to me that they dont even care about what AP does to a married couple....

ok thanx for listenin g everyone !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hey everyone

i am going on 9 months in AP and I am so sad....

I am here in India and I just want to take my husband back with me.....

I have stopped my life because I am here in india... i love my husband but its tough living in a third world country.....

i just hope he gets his visa and me n him cna finally start our life..... im just here to vent because i know our app is on someone elses desk collecting dust an its so upsetting to me that they dont even care about what AP does to a married couple....

ok thanx for listenin g everyone !

I know what u mean and how u feel ,i feel the same ,lately i feel like this will not end some time soon as i have seen some ppl in AP more than 15 months ...i been apart from my husband since we got married in 2006 ,i just vist him once ayear for a week or two ,yesterday my husband was teasing me saying i am a VIST WIFE only as i visted him 4 times and will vist him again for the fifth time next month ..this AP had made couples lose soo many things in marrige life ...

may GOD have mrecy on us and help us out of AP

3/24/2006...got married

6/26/2006...I-130 sent to uscia

9/4/2007 ...I-130 aproved

9/4/2007....NVC recieved

8/4/2008...NVC completed

8/4/2008...case sent to USE/Islamabad

9/16/2008....interview date/put in AP

3/16/2009 .... 6 months of AP

4/16/2009.......7 months in AP

5/16/2009........8 months in AP

6/16/2009.........9 months in AP

6/15/2009.... visa issued

7/30/2009....visa in hand

POE 8/4/2009 Washington /dulles airport

8/28/2009....GC received/10 years validity

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guinea
Timeline

Been there, done that.

Be thankful that you are in India together with your husband! Most of us do or did not have that luxury while stuck in AP. Glass half full?

One day you'll get a nice surprise and then it will all seem like a distant really bad dream. I promise!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My heart goes out to you. This process either makes us or breaks us, that's for sure.

In our particular case, seems like all we know is AP....first at the NVC level, then the Embassy level, and now here we are in AP at the AOS level. But I am convinced that God will see all of us through. Who else can we draw our strength from when we are so wore out and tired and feel like we are being boiled alive on a daily basis?

Edited by Nagishkaw

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Understand completely how you feel. It will be 10 months of AP for us on Friday and we have waited almost 2 years now for a K-3 visa. Our marriage feels like it is falling apart and I just want this AP to be finished already so I can move on with my life!

Visa Journey:

Marriage: July 6, 2007

I-130 Sent: August 7, 2007

NOA1: September 24, 2007

I-129F Sent: September 25, 2007

NOA1: October 9, 2007

NOA2: March 7, 2008

Packet 3: March 28, 2008

Interview: June 24, 2008

AP: June 24, 2008

10 months in AP--will this ever end?

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hey every1 thanxz for all the replies!! i really needed it !! also

u r right this process either makes us or breaks us.....

so i hope to hear something soon....

.. ok well here is my update... I just got a letter from the consulate requesting my husbands passport and listing all travels abroad including dates and locations.... i hope this AP ends soon.... def keep us in ur prayers !!!me good news soon...

good luck to every11

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
def keep us in ur prayers !!!

Consider it done.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
hey every1 thanxz for all the replies!! i really needed it !! also

u r right this process either makes us or breaks us.....

so i hope to hear something soon....

.. ok well here is my update... I just got a letter from the consulate requesting my husbands passport and listing all travels abroad including dates and locations.... i hope this AP ends soon.... def keep us in ur prayers !!!me good news soon...

good luck to every11

im confused what is AP?

Married:10-04-2008

USCIS

I-130 Sent : 12-12-2008

I-130 NOA1 : 12-18-2008

APPROVED: 03-05-2009

NVC

Case Entered Into NVC: 03-18-2009

NVC Sent DS-3032/I-864 Bill: 03-25-2009

E-mailed DS-3032: 03-26-2009

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 03-30-3009

Paid I-864 Bill: 03-30-2009

I-864 Bill Shows as PAID: 04-01-2009/printed the document cover sheet

Sent I-864 Package: 04-02-2009

NVC put the I-864 in system: 04-07-2009

Mailed Ds-3032 after not hearing anything about the e-mail overnight thru usps: 04-08-2009

(Same Day) got e-mail from nvc approving Ds-3032/ IV Bill (hahah)

Paid IV bill: 04-08-2009

IV Bill Shows as PAID: 04-10-2009/printed the document cover sheet

**** waiting for husband to send me police record****

NVC e-mailed Checklist: 04-21-2009/printed that cover sheet too

Sent Ds-230 overnight thru usps: 04-23-2009

AVR-Checklist Received: 04-24-2009

Sign in error to nvc website: 05-04-2009

Final Review: 05-05-2009

Case Complete @ NVC: 05-06-2009 (no Rfe for I-864 or Ds-230 yey)

NVC Scheduled interview: 05-11-2009

Received E-mail from NVC for Interview: 05-12-2009

NVC forwarded case to Naples: 05-12-2009

Embassy @ Naples Received case: 05-14-2009

Medical: 06-22-2009

Interview Date: 06-23-2009@8am 2 days b4 his b-day!! (Got Visa)

POE:06-30-09 JFK

bday006-1.jpglasvegasandindia495-1.jpgpic324123131.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

AP [administrative processing] or AR [administrative reveiw] are additional procedures some petitioners end up in post-interview. It appears that certain consolutes or areas frequently place petitioners in AP/AR for countless reasons. The CO may have questions about the validity of the relationship and is therefore requesting additional information; there may be a request for document verification; name/security checks, etc...sometimes additional items need to be handed in, sometimes it's literally a waiting game.

If you look around you'll see that a lot of African consulates, south Asain consulates, Vietnam, Phillipines, and MENA [mid east/north africa] consulates are the most frequent users of this extra process. BUT - it is seen ocassionally in other places too.

Also, recently, NVC has been putting some cases in AP to - NVC used to be a quick stop over for a lot of petitions but many people are waiting many weeks there...

Just look around and you'll get a better picture of what's going on.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.