venusfire503

2008 tax transcripts

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone.

Well, we sent our 2008 taxes last Tuesday (a day early), and were wondering if anyone has any idea how long it will take until the tax transcripts will be available? We are within our 90 day window (as of this week), and would really like to be able to send our packet soon. I was hoping to get taxes done earlier, but they took longer than I had expected (this is the first time I ever itemized, and it was more work than I had expected - I actually gave up and just filed with the info I had, knowing I'll later have to file an amended return). He called, and the tax transcripts are not available yet.

My husband wants to send everything with just the 2007 transcript, and a copy of the 2008 tax form we filed (we did it ourselves, so I don't know how we could prove we actually sent them, other than enclosing a copy of the post office receipt). We have the usual stuff ready now (joint accounts, bills, etc). Our strongest evidences are the paperwork for the house we bought together, the car title in both our names, and having each other listed as beneficiary on life insurance and retirement accounts. And the 2007 tax transcript, of course (but not 2006, since we weren't married then).

I'm sure there's a very good chance of getting RFE if we don't wait for the 2008 transcript. But we wonder if waiting for the transcripts will just delay us longer than the RFE itself (if we send without the 2008 transcripts, we'll keep trying until we get them, so they'd be ready for the RFE).

I think we should maybe wait just one more week, and then see if we can get the transcripts.

Any thoughts from anyone?

venusfire

met online May 2006

visited him in Morocco July 2006

K-1 petition sent late September 2006 after second visit

December 2006 - third trip - went for his visa interview (stood outside all day)

visa approved! arrived here together right before Christmas 2006

married January 2007

AOS paperwork sent February 2007

RFE (yipee)

another RFE (yikes)

AOS approval July 2007

sent Removal of Conditions paperwork 01 May 2009

received I-751 NOA 14 May 2009

received ASC appt. notice 28 May 2009

biometrics appt. 12 June 2009

I-751 approval date 25 Sept 2009 (no updates on the system - still says 'received'/"initial review")

19 Oct 2009 - got text message "card production ordered"

24 Oct 2009 - actual card in the mail box!

sent his N-400 - 14 May 2010

check cashed 27 May 2010

NOA received 29 May 2010 (dated 24 May)

Biometrics Appointment Letter received 17 June 2010

Biometrics scheduled for 08 July 2010; walk-in successfully done in Philadelphia 07 July 2010

02 Oct 2010 - FINALLY got email saying the case was being transferred to the local office. Hoping to get his interview letter soon...

05 Oct 2010 - received interview letter!!!!

08 November 2010 - scheduled for N-400 interview

- went together for interview; file isn't there - need to wait to be rescheduled

Jan 2011 - went for Infopass

25 Feb 2011 - interview

19 April 2011 - Infopass

8 July 2011 - HE'S FINALLY A CITIZEN - WOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 July 2011 - citizenship party

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

2008 transcripts wont be ready until June or July according to IRS, simply send a photocopy of your compleate 2008 IRS return.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Hi everyone.

Well, we sent our 2008 taxes last Tuesday (a day early), and were wondering if anyone has any idea how long it will take until the tax transcripts will be available? We are within our 90 day window (as of this week), and would really like to be able to send our packet soon. I was hoping to get taxes done earlier, but they took longer than I had expected (this is the first time I ever itemized, and it was more work than I had expected - I actually gave up and just filed with the info I had, knowing I'll later have to file an amended return). He called, and the tax transcripts are not available yet.

My husband wants to send everything with just the 2007 transcript, and a copy of the 2008 tax form we filed (we did it ourselves, so I don't know how we could prove we actually sent them, other than enclosing a copy of the post office receipt). We have the usual stuff ready now (joint accounts, bills, etc). Our strongest evidences are the paperwork for the house we bought together, the car title in both our names, and having each other listed as beneficiary on life insurance and retirement accounts. And the 2007 tax transcript, of course (but not 2006, since we weren't married then).

I'm sure there's a very good chance of getting RFE if we don't wait for the 2008 transcript. But we wonder if waiting for the transcripts will just delay us longer than the RFE itself (if we send without the 2008 transcripts, we'll keep trying until we get them, so they'd be ready for the RFE).

I think we should maybe wait just one more week, and then see if we can get the transcripts.

Any thoughts from anyone?

venusfire503,

Please

venusfire, read the following for help with documents.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...te+stressed+out

It's always better to have more evidence and more things together. More finances together the better your case is. But since you have only for one years, Please send the documents that you have. Like YuAndDan IRS wont have them till June July and I think your GC expires in July.

I would suggest that send your document latest in first week of May or so and include your situation in the cover letter for I-751. If USCIS has a problem they will respond back and you will have some time left to reply since your GC wont be expired until July.

So lets say you send in the document with only 2007's tax transcript and get NOA. you can then send more bills/document and 2008 transcript with a cover letter with your A# on it to complement your case.

I hope it helps.

Good Luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Actually, 2008 transcripts are available depending on when you filed. I requested a copy of ours about a month after we received our refund and received them in the mail a week later (end of March). So, depending on how soon you get your refund will determine how soon the transcripts might be available. If you don't want to wait for the transcripts, send in the complete copy of what you submitted to the IRS for 2008 and the postal receipt. That should work. Good luck.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Hi venus,

Just to give you an idea, it took us 14 days before we were able to request our 2008 tax return transcript. We filed electronically back in March. We had no refunds.

I also called the IRS hotline prior to filing and told me that generally, it would take 6-8 weeks before a transcript is made available to the tax payer and if tax forms are filed electronically that it would take 10-21 days. I'm not so sure if the workload as of late would affect the timely processing of the tax returns given that a lot of people filed on the deadline or asked for extension.

If I was you, I'd keep on calling for that tax transcript, at least for the next 2-3 weeks. But that's just me. :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thank you to all for replying.

We'll go ahead and copy the 2008 tax return, W-2s, and post office receipts. We'll send that with the 2007 transcripts, all of our other information, and the required forms, check, etc. We'll also keep checking for the 2008 transcripts. I think since we waited to file last week, and also did not file electronically, it might take too long to justify waiting to send in our I-751 application. Yes, his card expires in July. I think even if we get the RFE, it will take less time to send in the transcripts then rather than wait for them to send in everything in the first place.

The fun begins..... (ok, continues, actually....)

venusfire

P.S. Thank you for the links, too - reading them, as well as other posts, has given me more ideas of things to send. I think with USCIS, you can't be TOO prepared!

Poochie,

I just have to thank you for the "bored" stick figure thing - my kids LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

venusfire

met online May 2006

visited him in Morocco July 2006

K-1 petition sent late September 2006 after second visit

December 2006 - third trip - went for his visa interview (stood outside all day)

visa approved! arrived here together right before Christmas 2006

married January 2007

AOS paperwork sent February 2007

RFE (yipee)

another RFE (yikes)

AOS approval July 2007

sent Removal of Conditions paperwork 01 May 2009

received I-751 NOA 14 May 2009

received ASC appt. notice 28 May 2009

biometrics appt. 12 June 2009

I-751 approval date 25 Sept 2009 (no updates on the system - still says 'received'/"initial review")

19 Oct 2009 - got text message "card production ordered"

24 Oct 2009 - actual card in the mail box!

sent his N-400 - 14 May 2010

check cashed 27 May 2010

NOA received 29 May 2010 (dated 24 May)

Biometrics Appointment Letter received 17 June 2010

Biometrics scheduled for 08 July 2010; walk-in successfully done in Philadelphia 07 July 2010

02 Oct 2010 - FINALLY got email saying the case was being transferred to the local office. Hoping to get his interview letter soon...

05 Oct 2010 - received interview letter!!!!

08 November 2010 - scheduled for N-400 interview

- went together for interview; file isn't there - need to wait to be rescheduled

Jan 2011 - went for Infopass

25 Feb 2011 - interview

19 April 2011 - Infopass

8 July 2011 - HE'S FINALLY A CITIZEN - WOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 July 2011 - citizenship party

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Copy of 2008 Tax Return and W-2 is OK with I-864.

I filed my 2008 tax in the last week of Feb and received the Tax Transcript in the first week of April.

It arrives in 7 days. I hope this link will help you more:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=190878

*IR-1 Visa* VSC

I-130 (IR-1):

07/22/2008: NOA1

02/17/2009: I-130 NOA2: Approved in 210 days from NOA1 date

I-129F (K-3):

08/11/2008: NOA1

02/17/2009: I-129F NOA2: Approved in 190 days from NOA1 date

<not pursuing I-129F petition further but NVC forwarded case to Consulate on 02/24/2009>

NVC Journey:

02/19/2009: NVC Received/Case number assigned for I-130

02/20/2009: DS-3032 sent by e-mail and 03/04/2009: DS-3032 sent by regular mail

02/26/2009: NVC received DS-3032 Choice of Agent selection

02/26/2009: DS-3032 accepted and AOS Bill Generated but not IV Bill

02/28/2009: AOS Bill Package received in mail

02/28/2009: Paid AOS Bill and IV Bill (as it was available) online

03/03/2009: Both AOS and IV Bill Show as Paid and Coversheet Printed

03/04/2009: Mailed I-864 and IV (DS-230) Packages

03/06/2009: I-864 and IV Packages Received by NVC and Scanned on 03/10/2009

03/13/2009: Case completed at NVC (in 17 working days from date NVC Received)

03/25/2009: Interview date assigned by NVC

US Consulate @ Mumbai, India

04/02/2009: Medical Exam (based on NVC e-mail for interview)

04/13/2009: Interview Packet Received from US Consulate

04/16/2009: Documents submitted at VFS office

[Classified]: Date of Interview

USA Journey

02/21/2009: Permanent Resident # Received (Ref: NOA2 of USCIS)

05/2009: POE

##/##/2009: Permanent Resident Card

##/##/2009: SSN

Love must be sincere............Roman 12:9

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Do not worry about tax transcripts - I have never sent transcripts in this process - just copies of tax returns (unsigned because I file electronically). I have also never sent W-2s, so relax - you are OK. You can get transcripts later on - if it makes you feel better. (I never did - my wife is about to go for her citizenship interview in 2 weeks, so you do not need official tax transcripts!) Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.