JODO

Outrageous!

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Rape victim who suffered so Romanian could be sent to 'cushy' British prison relives her ordeal

By Laura Topham

Last updated at 9:49 AM on 14th April 2009

/femail/article-1169759/Rape-victim-suffered-Romanian-sent-cushy-British-prison-relives-ordeal.html

article-0-046ECF94000005DC-174_233x343.jpg Louise is glad her attacker is locked up but still suffers anxiety

Louise took three days to tell her boyfriend what had happened.

She desperately wanted his support, but thought he'd be disgusted by her. 'I worried he'd never be able to look at me the same way again,' she says quietly. 'I thought he'd think it was my fault.'

Shame stopped Louise telling her parents, too. So on the evening she was violently raped, robbed and half-strangled, this 21-year-old went home alone, cried, bathed and tried to shake off the lingering horror of the brutal attack.

It was the disgust she felt towards herself that convinced her how other people would react.

Thankfully, she couldn't have been more wrong. When they found out, her family and friends reacted with sympathy and support. Everyone was appalled by the hideous assault.

Everyone, that is, except for the perpetrator, Ali Majlat. He was absolutely delighted. Now he would get exactly what he wanted: a lengthy custodial sentence in a British prison.

For, in a twist that cannot fail to spark shock and outrage, Majlat, 35, had travelled all the way from his native Romania with that one goal in mind.

The inspiration for this staggering act of calculated brutality? His older brother, Dominic, who had written to him from HMP Wakefield, West Yorkshire, saying how much he was enjoying his stay.

Dominic had boasted of having not only his own TV, but a wealth of computer games, food, bed and free English lessons - a sad indictment of how our jails are viewed as cushy throughout the world.

More...

For Ali, poverty-stricken and illiterate, such a place sounded glorious. He hatched a plan to commit a jail-worthy offence and hopped on a bus to Britain.

His choice of crime was easy - after all, it was a charge of rape and attempted murder that had bestowed on his brother a lifetime of free lodgings and luxury extras.

And the obvious location was Wakefield, from where Majlat assumed he would be taken to live with Dominic.

It would be like the orphanage they grew up in together, only with perks.

When Louise, a local care assistant, walked on to the southbound platform of Wakefield Kirkgate railway station one Sunday evening last October - to wait for a train home after seeing friends - she thought the man who was waiting there seemed a little strange.

'He looked a bit creepy - he was very dirty and holding two large yellow carrier bags.

'He was standing smoking by the timetable and started pointing at the sign and asking in broken English when the next train to London would be.'

article-0-046ECF98000005DC-855_233x423.jpg Majlat wanted to join his brother in prison

As a depleted Sunday service was running, the next train was not for another hour, at 7.45pm.

Majlat had been dropped at the station by police after causing trouble outside HMP Wakefield, where he'd repeatedly turned up demanding to see Dominic.

'He started wittering about all sorts of stuff, most of which I couldn't understand. Then he asked for the time and I showed him my watch as he couldn't really speak English.

'I was feeling uncomfortable as the station is unmanned and it was deserted.'

When Majlat's mood darkened, Louise stopped answering his questions.

'He asked me to go for coffee with him, then to have sex for money and offered to pay £10, then £30. I ignored him and moved away along the platform.'

Feeling frightened, Louise took out her mobile to call a friend, but the battery was dead. She couldn't leave the platform as the only exit was a subway where she feared she would be followed and attacked.

Looking across at the opposite platform, she spotted a pay phone, but access was again through the underpass.

'I sat down on a bench at the other end of the platform and tried to calm down, telling myself that people often think others are going to attack them or seem odd and nothing bad actually happens. But suddenly he was standing at my side, silent and motionless.'

For a few minutes, neither of them spoke. Then, when Louise looked down the tracks, willing a train to arrive, he punched her hard in the side of the face.

'I fell to the floor from the force and he started kicking me in the head and shouting at me. I was screaming back - I was terrified and didn't know what on earth was happening. But after a few minutes, he stopped and walked away.'

Her heart racing, Louise slowly got up as she tried to work out what to do.

'I kept shouting: "If you don't go I'll call the police." But he couldn't understand. I had no choice but to run for the subway.'

Majlat chased after her, reaching her before she'd descended the slope into the tunnel and grappled her to the floor.

'He quickly caught up as I have bad knees and can't run fast. He started hitting me, kicking and punching until he got me down on the ground.

'I fought back as hard as I could, but he was stronger than me and soon had me on the floor.

'I was screaming at him to get off me and he was shouting back: "You English should love me."

Then he kept repeating "You're going to die" as he knelt on my stomach and squeezed my neck so hard I couldn't breathe. He was strangling me and I knew that if his grip got any tighter, I would die.'

drinkblink14.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

He needs to be hung by the nads, then castrated with a very dull instrument.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

need to be hung by the nabs..hung high..right brother daniel?

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

That's horrible. He should be deported back to his own country and then forced to live his sentence out in their jails! I know that's not how the law works...but really. :angry:

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 25, 2013 --Qualified for Citizenship!

October 12, 2017 --Electronically filed

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

October 31, 2017 --Biometrics Appointment -ATL

ROC

April 5, 2012 --Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

May 21, 2012 --Biometric Appointment at ATL office

December 12, 2012 --10 year Green Card in hand

DCF Process

October 10, 2009 --Married in São Paulo

January 14, 2010 --Filed I-130 at São Paulo Consulate for DCF

May 17, 2010 --VISA IN HAND!

June 24, 2010 --POE in Atlanta

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
need to be hung by the nabs..hung high..right brother daniel?

i'll pull the trigger. hell, i'll bring the gear and spring for the boolits, but y'all gotta buy the beer.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Its an appalling crime, to be sure - but there's not much reason to trust the man's preconceptions about UK jail conditions. He doesn't sound like the most reliable or authoritative figures on that score.

That said - prison authorities are somewhat obligated to treat even the worst of the worst in a humane manner. The US model in contrast seems to have little problem with prisoners brutalising each other.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
That said - prison authorities are somewhat obligated to treat even the worst of the worst in a humane manner. The US model in contrast seems to have little problem with prisoners brutalising each other.

What makes you say that?

As far as I know, they don't put prisoners who are likely to be brutalised (e.g. Bernie Madoff or Gitmo detainees) in gen-pop.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What makes you say that?

As far as I know, they don't put prisoners who are likely to be brutalised (e.g. Bernie Madoff or Gitmo detainees) in gen-pop.

There was a case a year or two back about a (black) gay guy who was jailed for (I think, check fraud) and the prison guards did nothing to protect the guy from being gang-raped by other inmates on several occasions.

From what I remember - they knew it was going on, but chose to do nothing about it.

Wife's uncle actually works in a Prison in northern CA, and from what he's said - it sounds as though they throw people in there and leave them to it.

Its race war in some of those places - and the prison staff even have prisoners line up by race.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Search VJ for the same story. It's in that thread. He's been ordered to be deported to a Romanian prison. Don't know if it happened yet.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
This was already posted when it happened. And he is being deported to a Romanian prison. Not what he wanted and way worse.

Really? He ie being deported? Because I cannot find any evidence of that after several minutes of googling.

Why is it important? Both are EU countries.

Deporting a prisoner from the UK to Romania is like deporting a prisoner from California to Alabama.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

No one in their right mind commits a heinous act like rape simply to get put in a cozy UK jail. You have to be simple to believe that.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .