Justin.IraLove

Example letter to Congressman

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wondering if there are example letters for what you should write to the congressman if you pettition is taking to long? Where would you find them?

Also how do you find out who your local congressman is (and address)?

Edited by Justin.IraLove

bd9a807528.png

K-1 Visa

Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-17

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-03-19

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-06

NVC Received : 2009-08-10

NVC Left : 2009-08-13

Packet 4 Received : 2009-08-22

Interview Date : 2009-09-25

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2009-10-1 (about 6 Months, 13days)

US Entry : 2009-11-02

AOS Interview: 2010-03-22

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Google your local congressman by typing in, "find my local congressman". go to their page to find their mailing address.

here is a copy of letter i sent to mine. you can change the letter to best suit your needs/situation.

With your letter, be sure to include a copy of your noa1. (i also printed out the uscis web page of my online status showing the "received and pending" part. thats optional).

(your address here)

(date) 2009

U.S. Representative (congressman name)

(their address here)

To the Honorable (congressman name):

As a law-abiding US citizen, I request your assistance with my USCIS petition. At present, the time frame for reviewing cases is six months or longer. Despite published announcements to the contrary, I have been separated from my fiancé for a painful amount of time. After following the guidelines posted on the USCIS website and paying all applicable fees, my fiancé and I are waiting in suspense for an approval (the Notice of Action 2 – NOA2), and this is the source of our dilemma—an inordinate amount of waiting time and no clear explanations for delays. Hence, I ask you, Honorable U.S. Representative, to investigate this seemingly negligent period of inaction.

The first step is to submit the petition to establish the existence of a relationship. Then, once approved, our petition and all documents submitted are forwarded to the National Visa Center for further processing. As you are aware, the next phase is the embassy approval with required medical examination and an interview. Unfortunately, we have not moved past the first step because there have been no updates sent to us. When an inquiry was made, I received the generic, “We’re within our processing time” and “It’s looking close.”

The entire process thus far has proven to be quite discouraging. I cannot get an accurate, specific response to my inquiry, nor do I receive the “first in, first out” treatment we were promised. Hence, I need and request your assistance. Perhaps an inquiry from you will garner a more substantive, more accurate response. Attached, please find a copy of NOA 1 for our petition (I-129F) and a copy of the USCIS website page showing my status as pending and case last updated (“touched”) over 6 months ago. Below, see our receipt numbers given by USCIS. It is with great respect that I request your inquiry into this matter. Hopefully my fiancé and I will receive our NOA2 and continue positively on the path of reunification.

Respectfully yours,

your name

S.S.N.: (your social security number here)

Receipt Number for Petition: WAC-xxxx-xxxx(your case number)

Beneficiary: (fiance’s name), fiancé

Phone: 123-456-7890 (your number)

Email: xxxxx@yahoo.com (your email)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Wondering if there are example letters for what you should write to the congressman if you pettition is taking to long? Where would you find them?

Your petition is not taking too long so I shouldn't worry about contacting a congressmen just yet.

Your petition is not taking too long so I shouldn't worry about contacting a congressmen just yet.

Six months is the current USCIS posted processing time, then call in 6 months, then USCIS will tell you to call back in 30 days!!!

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

lol. you just started the process, you should start to worry when you reach 5 or 6 months. Good Luck!

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Congressmen or senator cannot help expedite unless it's a military matter. They can assist if over the "normal" processing times.

Been there, done it!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

oh wow. i didnt check your timeline. yeah dont send a letter yet. only if you pass the 6 month mark.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

• 12 years later...
On 4/10/2009 at 3:21 PM, PB&JAM said:

Google your local congressman by typing in, "find my local congressman". go to their page to find their mailing address.

here is a copy of letter i sent to mine. you can change the letter to best suit your needs/situation.

With your letter, be sure to include a copy of your noa1. (i also printed out the uscis web page of my online status showing the "received and pending" part. thats optional).

(your address here)

(date) 2009

U.S. Representative (congressman name)

(their address here)

To the Honorable (congressman name):

As a law-abiding US citizen, I request your assistance with my USCIS petition. At present, the time frame for reviewing cases is six months or longer. Despite published announcements to the contrary, I have been separated from my fiancé for a painful amount of time. After following the guidelines posted on the USCIS website and paying all applicable fees, my fiancé and I are waiting in suspense for an approval (the Notice of Action 2 – NOA2), and this is the source of our dilemma—an inordinate amount of waiting time and no clear explanations for delays. Hence, I ask you, Honorable U.S. Representative, to investigate this seemingly negligent period of inaction.

The first step is to submit the petition to establish the existence of a relationship. Then, once approved, our petition and all documents submitted are forwarded to the National Visa Center for further processing. As you are aware, the next phase is the embassy approval with required medical examination and an interview. Unfortunately, we have not moved past the first step because there have been no updates sent to us. When an inquiry was made, I received the generic, “We’re within our processing time” and “It’s looking close.”

The entire process thus far has proven to be quite discouraging. I cannot get an accurate, specific response to my inquiry, nor do I receive the “first in, first out” treatment we were promised. Hence, I need and request your assistance. Perhaps an inquiry from you will garner a more substantive, more accurate response. Attached, please find a copy of NOA 1 for our petition (I-129F) and a copy of the USCIS website page showing my status as pending and case last updated (“touched”) over 6 months ago. Below, see our receipt numbers given by USCIS. It is with great respect that I request your inquiry into this matter. Hopefully my fiancé and I will receive our NOA2 and continue positively on the path of reunification.

Respectfully yours,

your name

S.S.N.: (your social security number here)

Receipt Number for Petition: WAC-xxxx-xxxx(your case number)

Beneficiary: (fiance’s name), fiancé

Phone: 123-456-7890 (your number)

Email: xxxxx@yahoo.com (your email)

Do we need to send the request by mail or email the congress person would also do? Thank you! 

4 hours ago, Sheng22 said:

Do we need to send the request by mail or email the congress person would also do? Thank you! 

You have exhumed a 13 year old thread.  May want to start a new one.....    The OP hasn't even been on VJ for ten years.

1 minute ago, Sheng22 said:

Yes. But just hoping anyone could give me an idea if it's okey to send email to the congress representative instead of by mail? 

Most members of congress have a link on their websites with instructions on getting help with federal agencies, such as DOS/USCIS.  I'd start there.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Thread locked to further replies. Please start your own thread for any questions you may have. MAny times these old threads the information may no longer apply~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.