Lappa1

My interview

20 posts in this topic

The IO said they can not make a decision and will let me know. I went there 30 minutes early and sate with my hubby. The officer was a young girl and she had an assistant, a young man who was watching the process. The IO went through my papers, marriage photos from the old files, asked me about my name, date of birth, when I got married etc. She asked me about my new job which I got only last week. The question she asked was,

1) One of the amendment related to vote.

2) If the President is no longer in the position, who will be the next Presdent.

3) What reason coloniest came to America, I said "Freedom" but she was not satisfied and asked me what kind of freedom. I said the rest of the answers in the list.

4) The head of the executive branch. I don't remember the rest of the questions because she was talking about other matters at the same of asking the questions. She gave a paper to read and I wrote " We pay taxes."

She asked me to sign the photos which I submitted with my application. I showed her my new set photos and she said the new one look better. So, I signed the new photos, the paper for the oath and on the bottom of the N-400 application.

Finally she said she can not make a decision right now and will let you know. She gave the paper which said I passed the test of English. History and Civic.

I don't know what will happen, I don't know what will be their decision. I am freaking out!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
The IO said they can not make a decision and will let me know. I went there 30 minutes early and sate with my hubby. The officer was a young girl and she had an assistant, a young man who was watching the process. The IO went through my papers, marriage photos from the old files, asked me about my name, date of birth, when I got married etc. She asked me about my new job which I got only last week. The question she asked was,

2) If the President is no longer in the position, who will be the next Presdent.

3) What reason coloniest came to America, I said "Freedom" but she was not satisfied and asked me what kind of freedom. I said the rest of the answers in the list.

4) The head of the executive branch. I don't remember the rest of the questions because she was talking about other matters at the same of asking the questions. She gave a paper to read and I wrote " We pay taxes."

She asked me to sign the photos which I submitted with my application. I showed her my new set photos and she said the new one look better. So, I signed the new photos, the paper for the oath and on the bottom of the N-400 application.

Finally she said she can not make a decision right now and will let you know. She gave the paper which said I passed the test of English. History and Civic.

I don't know what will happen, I don't know what will be their decision. I am freaking out!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you did well. When do you get the results?

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I'm so sorry to hear that you have to wait even longer. That must be hard. Did she give you a reason why she couldn't make a decision? It seems like you answered all the questions just fine. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll get positive news real soon! :thumbs:(F)

She did not say a reason. I think she is not capable to make a decision since she is new and young. I don't know. Her assistant also very young look like just graduted from college. If she can not make a decision why should I signed to the oath letter and photos?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
She did not say a reason. I think she is not capable to make a decision since she is new and young. I don't know. Her assistant also very young look like just graduted from college. If she can not make a decision why should I signed to the oath letter and photos?

That was one of the first things that came to my mind when you described your interview. I'm wondering if maybe she's not authorized to approve you without having her decision reviewed by a senior officer first. Or maybe she was insecure and wanted to check back first. You answered the questions just fine and if everything else in your papers is in order, you should get approved soon. Don't worry too much, everything will turn out o.k. I know the wait is hard. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. :thumbs:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Me too. (F)

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Good luck!

That was one of the first things that came to my mind when you described your interview. I'm wondering if maybe she's not authorized to approve you without having her decision reviewed by a senior officer first. Or maybe she was insecure and wanted to check back first. You answered the questions just fine and if everything else in your papers is in order, you should get approved soon. Don't worry too much, everything will turn out o.k. I know the wait is hard. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. :thumbs:

I-751 Process

=============

03/11/08 - Check Cashed by TSC, invalid SRC# on back along with a VLCXX reference.

03/31/08 - Had infopass appointment, got I-551 stamp and Trackable receipt number

04/09/08 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter.

04/18/08 - Biometrics Appointment 10am.

04/18/08 - Transferred to Vermont from TSC

06/16/08 - Online Status reports transfer received by Vermont

11/03/08 - Online Status Shows Touched!

01/13/09 - Online Status Shows Touched!

01/20/09 - Approved!

01/26/09 - New Card Received!

N-400 Process

=============

12/29/08 - Application mailed to TSC

12/30/08 - Arrived at TSC - Forwarded to Nat. Ben. Ctr, TX

12/31/08 - Arrived at Nat. Ben. Ctr, TX

01/02/09 - Priority Date

01/05/09 - NOA1 Mailed

01/06/09 - Check Cashed

01/09/09 - NOA1 Received (Priority Date of 01/02/09, Some data missing from form)

01/10/09 - Case Touched!

01/27/09 - Duplicate NOA1 Received (Missing Data filled in, was mailed on 01/24/09)

02/28/09 - Interview Letter Received

04/06/09 - Naturalization interview

04/06/09 - Interview Passed!

04/22/09 - Oath Ceremony!

04/22/09 - US Citizen at Last!

Timeline

Hey, Lappa,

I am sorry to hear about your interview. But I think Stella is right- the IO is probably not able to make decisions on her own if she is new and inexperienced. So don't worry- you'll probably hear from them very soon and it will be your oath letter :star: Good luck!

N400: D/O - Las Vegas, NV

10/10/08 : N-400 Mailed to CSC.

10/13/08 : N-400 received

10/16/08 : money order presented for payment

10/20/08 : NOA received ; case transferred to NBC

10/16/08 : date of notice

10/14/08 : priority date

10/27/08 : FP Notification received

11/13/08 : scheduled for FP and done

01/21/09 : IL received

03/23/09 : Interview scheduled and completed successfully!

Happy and waiting for oath letter- 4 to 6 weeks according to the IO........

04/11/09 : Received Oath letter (scheduled for May 1)

05/01/09 : Took oath!! A very special day for me and my family!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

on that paper that says you passed the test, did she check the reason why decisions not made at your interview?? i hope it comes out positive and you'll get your oath letter soon. best of luck!

I-R5 at USCIS California Service Center

Consulate: Manila Philippines

5/19/09 Filed I-130 at Chicago Lockbox

5/22/09 USCIS rcvd I-130

6/01/09 Checks cashed

6/03/09 NOA1 rcvd for both parents

8/12/09 Email approval for Dad

8/17/09 Rcvd NOA2 for Dad

8/20/09 Rcvd RFE email for Mom

9/08/09 Email approval for Mom

9/12/09 Rcvd NOA2 for Mom

NVC

8/19/09 NVC rcvd dad's case

9/18/09 NVC rcvd mom's case

9/22/09 Emailed DS3032

9/28/09 Paid AOS/ I-864 fee of $70 for both

10/08/09 rcvd emails: DS3032 accepted

10/08/09 sent I-864

10/09/09 IV bill generated for both cases

10/10/09 Paid IV bill $800 for both

10/13/09 I-864 rcvd by NVC

10/15/09 DS230 mailed to NVC

10/16/09 I-864 accepted & entered into the system

10/19/09 DS230 rcvd by NVC

11/02/09 rcvd checklist emails

11/09/09 sent RFE to NVC via UPS

11/12/09 NVC received RFE

11/19/09 AVR: checklist response rcvd 11/18/09

11/28/09 Log-in failed for both

12/01/09 Case complete as of 11/30/09

12/14/09 rcvd emails of interview date

01/04-05/09 medical @ St.Lukes done

01/11/10 Interview @ USEmbassy Manila 6:30am

We hope you'll get your oath letter soon. Good luck! :thumbs::thumbs:

threemonths09.jpg?t=1272087150Princess-Threemonthsold007-2.jpg?t=1271837591threemonths01-1.jpg?t=1272086957

Our Princess have her first tooth at five months of age.

fEdIm5.png?J2iWLNZY

I-130 (IR-5) Petitions for my Mom and Dad

*06-08-2010---Petition will send on this date???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Wife's interview when pretty much the same way, except she did fire back all the civic question answers. Religious freedom is what she wanted, but you did pass all the tests, so that is all that matters. Going the same way in the respect that nothing negative was said, but she was told her application would be sent away for some place of a higher approval and sounds like that is what your IO was trying to tell you. It's my understanding that all these applications have to be approved by a field officer supervisor.

I firmly instructed my wife from reading this site to ask if you could say the oath the same day, and if not, when could she expect her oath letter. That gave me a commitment as a follow up that I needed to talk to my senator.

While your interview doesn't sound that positive, it also doesn't sound that negative neither, negative would be you didn't pass the tests, required more civics or English study, or the most common one, you need more evidence. In which case, they should tell you which evidence they want, utility bills seems to be the most common lately.

Did she check that box that says, you passed but awaiting final approval? If so, you should be okay.

When people say good luck at your interview, I translate that to mean not running into a traffic jam, or having an competent IO, the rest is not luck, but being well prepared. Wife had bad luck, not with the traffic, I drove her and knew different roads to get their on time, but had an incompetent interviewer, now that is bad luck.

Would have been interesting to ask questions to that guy that was observing, you have to show a degree of confidence in these or any interview, I know that is not easy, but I feel you are okay if they did not request more information. But know that checking your mail box for God only knows how long, is more stress. You may get a letter for your oath, or one more more evidence. Just have to see what happens.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.