CaptainRubyHeart

Little Differences Between Canada and the U.S. (Easter Time)

99 posts in this topic

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

I fell in love with hot cross buns in England. They do sell them here in the bakery section of some grocery stores in Houston, but as someone else mentioned, they have fruitcake fruit in them and not raisins! I was really disappointed. I think the only way to get real ones is to make them myself.

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

*sigh* my momma makes the best hot cross buns. Reading this thread makes me miss her right now, especially since she and Dad were supposed to come visit this week, and they had to cancel because she got sick and the doctors told her to stay home for now. :(

I am fortunate, my company gives Good Friday as a holiday -- the former owner and I'd say 90% of the company's employees are Christian -- but this is definitely not the norm here in Oklahoma. As a Christian myself, I consider this weekend a very important part of my faith to observe (even more so than Christmas, actually) and I am surprised at how few churches offer Good Friday services! Fortunately I have found a church to visit that does a wonderful service -- I have to go somewhere else as my church does not have one itself.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Timeline
*sigh* my momma makes the best hot cross buns. Reading this thread makes me miss her right now, especially since she and Dad were supposed to come visit this week, and they had to cancel because she got sick and the doctors told her to stay home for now. :(

Awwww, Cassie. :( I hope your Mom is feeling better soon. (F) (F) (F)

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Guess what?!! I just came back from the grocery store and they had hot cross buns!!! :o I didn't buy them, though, because they had candied fruit peel in them. blech

Which store!?!?

Oh, I should have said. Sorry. It was Albertsons.

Oh, but you know what? I can't find those Weetabix Flakes ANYWHERE now! :crying:

Publix ! I know they still have them as Mike picked them up for me last Thursday :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Publix ! I know they still have them as Mike picked them up for me last Thursday :)

:o

My local Publix doesn't sell them! :crying: That's it. I'm scouting out all the area Publix stores. I WILL find those Flakes! (Which store did he find them in?)

I just remembered that I asked Mike this hours ago.

It was the Publix on Lake Mary Blvd, by Target.

Filed: Timeline

:o

My local Publix doesn't sell them! :crying: That's it. I'm scouting out all the area Publix stores. I WILL find those Flakes! (Which store did he find them in?)

I just remembered that I asked Mike this hours ago.

It was the Publix on Lake Mary Blvd, by Target.

Oh nice! Thank you. :)

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

ok not sure what it is here but I'm finding it very strange that alot of the ppl I have met don't really do much for Easter almost like it means nothing to them.

I have been asked what we do for Easter and to me its not as big as Christmas with the gifts and stuff but its still a big deal just not crazy its simple. A nice day with family with some chocolate and a few toys for the kids and a nice super.

What I'm having the most trouble is with the who cares attitude i've been picking up on. Maybe its just like what hubby has said and since theres no Chatholic church here that makes a difference. I don't know I'm just guessing.

Anyone else have any thoughts

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline
ok not sure what it is here but I'm finding it very strange that alot of the ppl I have met don't really do much for Easter almost like it means nothing to them.

I have been asked what we do for Easter and to me its not as big as Christmas with the gifts and stuff but its still a big deal just not crazy its simple. A nice day with family with some chocolate and a few toys for the kids and a nice super.

What I'm having the most trouble is with the who cares attitude i've been picking up on. Maybe its just like what hubby has said and since theres no Chatholic church here that makes a difference. I don't know I'm just guessing.

Anyone else have any thoughts

Maybe it's because there is no federal holiday for Easter.

~ Catherine

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

It's because people don't get/give gifts for Easter (easter baskets for kids don't count). Nothing for the stores to advertise for sale really and nothing for the media to hype.

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
It's because people don't get/give gifts for Easter (easter baskets for kids don't count). Nothing for the stores to advertise for sale really and nothing for the media to hype.

Have you not been to a store, read a newspaper, listened to radio or watch t.v. in the past 3 weeks? Stores are loaded with easter related #######, and all the department stores are advertising easter special prices.

Besides, the Flying Spaghetti Monster does not approve of easter bunny gifts :P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.