1,622 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
OH man guys they just sent me this!!

Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: REQUEST FOR INITIAL EVIDENCE SENT, CASE PLACED ON HOLD

On August 28, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting initial evidence in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence requested. Meanwhile, processing of this case is on hold until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the evidence requested and a decision is made, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your mailing address.

This sucks!!!

I wonder what they want? And I wonder if this is going to put me in the back of the line? This really sucks!! I was on such a high and now I feel so bad!!

Im really upset,Just called my lawyer and he was no help!!

Not to worry, I read from a guy that worked approving K-1 etc, that when they send out a REF or a request for more information etc. that file goes on a shelve in his cube and when that information is sent back, they work on that file and finish it with approval or send out another REF, if they didn't do it this way, the guy said they would have files everywhere. So as soon as you get the information in to them they will finish you case. Good luck

Silverfox5859

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
This sucks!!!

I wonder what they want? And I wonder if this is going to put me in the back of the line? This really sucks!! I was on such a high and now I feel so bad!!

From what I have read on here, most RFEs are an easy fix and usually just a delay of around 3 weeks. And as others have said here, your case is just on the backburner and not in the back of the line. So hang in there! It will be all good !

Edited by TexPol

AOS Phase

January 11, 2010: - Mailed AOS packet (I-485/ I-765/ I-131)

January 13, 2010: - Chicago received AOS packet

January 19, 2010: - Received 3 NOA email

January 20, 2010: - Check cashed[/color]

January 22, 2010: - Received 3 NOA hardcopies in the mail1st touch I-485, I-765 & I-131

February 01, 2010: - Touch - I-765 (EAD)

February 08, 2010: - Touch - I-485

February 08, 2010: - Case moved to CSC

February 13, 2010: - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter (After a long wait!)

February 15, 2010: - Touch - I-485 & received e-mail that case is now pending

March 09, 2010: - Biometrics completed, Touch - I-765 (EAD)

March 10, 2010: - Touch - I-485 & Another Touch - I-765 (EAD)

March 17, 2010: - EAD Card Production, Touch - I-131 (AP) & I-1765 (EAD)

March 19, 2010: - Touch - I-485 & Another Touch - I-765 (EAD)

March 19, 2010: - Received AP in mail

March 25, 2010: - Received EAD in mail

April 02,14,15, and 21 2010: - Touch - I-485

April 21, 2010: - Green Card Production ordered!, Welcome letter/NOA April 24

April 29, 2010: - FINALLY!!!! Received Green Card in hand!

Group Spreadsheet

Like Victor said, if you have a copy of your I-129F package, pull it out now and start going through it with a fine-tooth comb. They are looking for initial evidence, so it's something missing that should've been in your original package... or, they simply misplaced something that you sent in the initial package, that they need, heh...

Don't worry. You're not at the back of the line, you're now sitting on that person's desk. They start working on other files, and when they receive your response, they continue processing yours.

I'm sorry you got an RFE. But hey, at least it's there, and someone has looked at it. :)

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
What a bummer. Is bad...I'm not going to say otherwise. But at least they are working on your file. And no....they are not going to put you back at the beginning of the queue. They will wait for your response. In the meantime they will work on other files.

But hey.....do you have a copy of the I-129F package? Give it a good check. Compare it with the guides here in VJ. Maybe you can find out what was wrong and probably have it ready by the time you get the RFE hardcopy.

You will get through this. You will see.

PEACE......

I just looked over every thing and the only thing I can see is that there is not a zip code put in the box for her city? Could this hold it up??I mean my lawyer only copyed my plane tickets and a few pictures, thats about it.

What a bummer. Is bad...I'm not going to say otherwise. But at least they are working on your file. And no....they are not going to put you back at the beginning of the queue. They will wait for your response. In the meantime they will work on other files.

But hey.....do you have a copy of the I-129F package? Give it a good check. Compare it with the guides here in VJ. Maybe you can find out what was wrong and probably have it ready by the time you get the RFE hardcopy.

PEACE......

I just looked over every thing and the only thing I can see is that there is not a zip code put in the box for her city? Could this hold it up??I mean my lawyer only copyed my plane tickets and a few pictures, thats about it.

Hopefully you mean, that the pictures and tickets were the only evidence your lawyer supplied, but that the other requirements for the package were still included: long form birth cert. for you and/or copy of passport, letter of intent to marry from each of you with original signatures, etc etc?

02/10/2012 - Touch.

09/21/2012 - Touch.

Timeline

PEACE......

Hopefully you mean, that the pictures and tickets were the only evidence your lawyer supplied, but that the other requirements for the package were still included: long form birth cert. for you and/or copy of passport, letter of intent to marry from each of you with original signatures, etc etc?

Yes all was included,Only thing my lawyer said we need on birtcert, was my passport. So Maybe its that.

PEACE......

Yes all was included,Only thing my lawyer said we need on birtcert, was my passport. So Maybe its that.

If I recall, simply including the passport (especially if you didn't have a long form cert.) was acceptable. I just overloaded our package and included both my fiance's (USC) certificate and passport to be safe.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

09/21/2012 - Touch.

PEACE......

Hopefully the passport copy was all pages, even the front cover and blank visa pages. If only the info (photo) page was included, that would likely generate an RFE.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Timeline

PEACE......

Hopefully the passport copy was all pages, even the front cover and blank visa pages. If only the info (photo) page was included, that would likely generate an RFE.

Yes I looked at it and my lawyer only put the front copy, So this could be the glich in whats holding us up. I need to beat my lawyer in the head.Why did I pay him 750 to do the papers if he did not do it right?Stupid Stupid!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

PEACE......

Yes I looked at it and my lawyer only put the front copy, So this could be the glich in whats holding us up. I need to beat my lawyer in the head.Why did I pay him 750 to do the papers if he did not do it right?Stupid Stupid!!

Ugh! Friggin lawyers! Yes I recall as well reading that ALL pages. covers etc needed to be included. We used a birth cert cause he didn't have a passport at the time. Well at least its an easy fix and you can have it ready to send back out the minute it comes in.

K-1 Journey

04/30/2009 - I-129F sent to VSC

03/30/2010 - Interview @ MTL APPROVED!

04/13/2010 - POE @ Pearson International

05/23/2010 - WEDDING

AOS Journey

07/20/2010 - AOS/AP/EAD Sent

07/21/2010 - package received at Chicago

07/28/2010 - check cashed

07/30/2010 - received NOA1 in mail

08/01/2010 - received biometrics letter

08/20/2010 - walk in biometrics completed

08/23/2010 - finally entered into USCIS online -AP's touched on Aug11 and EAD and AOS touched on Aug20 08/30/2010 - AOS/EAD touched

09/09/2010 - AP approved (email notice)

09/13/2010 - Received email that EAD was approved on Sept 10

10/04/2010 - Received interview letter in Mail

11/09/2010 - Interview-APPROVED! 112 days

11/09/2010 - Card Production 11/22/2010 - Green Card received

ROC Journey

08/11/2012 - Eligible to file for ROC10/11/2012 - sent in I-751 (late)10/16/2012 - received NOA 11/20/2012 - biometrics

Timeline

PEACE......

Ugh! Friggin lawyers! Yes I recall as well reading that ALL pages. covers etc needed to be included. We used a birth cert cause he didn't have a passport at the time. Well at least its an easy fix and you can have it ready to send back out the minute it comes in.

I can say this about my LAwyer he called me right away today,He was in court and when he came out for a break he called me and told me he would know by monday what is needed.He said dont sweat it ,what ever they need we can give them right away,And then said some times its some thing very small and stupid but they need it before they set up the interview in Kiev.He also said as soon as they get what they need they start right back on your file.It was nice that he took the time out to call me so fast.But I guess it helps that he handled my divorce LOL .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Guys you made me worry here. We didnt send all the pages of our passports but we did send birth certs. It's the first time I hear we needed all of the pages. Is that a problem if we have the birth certs? I'm getting pretty worried now with all those RFEs

Theglassguy I hope its something simple and you get it fixed as soon as possible. Good luck :thumbs:

~K1 visa journey~

04/10/2009 - I-129 Filed at VSC

04/29/2009 - NOA1

05/01/2009 - touch

09/03/2009 - touch

09/03/2009 - OMG NOA2 !!!!

09/09/2009 - Received at NVC

09/14/2009 - Case left NVC

09/16/2009 - Embassy received the papers

09/17/2009 - Packet 3 sent to Desi

09/25/2009 - Packet 3 received :)))

10/19/2009 - Medical exam

10/20/2009 - Interview - successfully passed:) woohooo :))))

10/23/2009 - Visa received

31/10/2009 - Entered USA

03/11/2009 - Wedding day :))

~AOS journey~

11/24/2009 - Papers sent

11/30/2009 - papers received

12/04/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Check cashed

12/24/2009 - Biometrics appointment

12/28/2009 - RFE received and sent out the same day

01/15/2010 - Case transferred to CSC

01/26/2010 - AP and EAD approved

02/01/2010 - AP received

06/18/2010 - Service request

06/21/2010 - Touch

06/24/2010 - Green Card production ordered wooohoooooo :))

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Guys you made me worry here. We didnt send all the pages of our passports but we did send birth certs. It's the first time I hear we needed all of the pages. Is that a problem if we have the birth certs? I'm getting pretty worried now with all those RFEs

Theglassguy I hope its something simple and you get it fixed as soon as possible. Good luck :thumbs:

It's either or, don't worry :star: All the pages of the passport to prove citizenship OR an original birth certificate.

Did you get anything yet?? Touch? Slap? Anything? Lololol

"The Will of God will not take you where the Grace of God will not protect you!"

Here we go!

K-1 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Morocco

I-129F Sent : 4/28/2009

I-129F NOA1 : Dated 4/29/09

Touch : 05/01/09

Touch : 09/02/09

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 09/02/09, received via email 9/03/09 @ 6:30 a.m.!

NVC Received : 09/08/09

NVC Left : 09/09/09 per NVC (called 9/11/09 and they told me it was sent!)

Consulate Received : 9/11/09

Packet: Never received. The consulate was nice enough to send us a letter via email, along with a list of approved doctors and translators. My fiance can easily pick up the forms required when he goes for his medical and translations.

*Update 11/26/09* Medical complete! Picking up the packet was smooth and easy! One week until our interview!! Can't wait!!

Interview Date: 12/03/09

Call from embassy to go pick up his passport with visa!: 12/11/09

Visa in Hand!

POE: Charlotte

Date of Arrival: 12/26/09

Date of Marriage: 02/21/10

AOS package sent: 3/22/2010 via FEDEX

Biometrics letter received: 04/08/2010

Received letter that AOS was transferred to California! 4/19/2010

Biometrics appointment: 4/30/2010

Green Card approved: 5/25/2010

Green Card received: 06/08/2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you sent in a birth certificate, did you send both the front and back? The back is blank, so did you just send in a blank page copy? I just find it weird if you end up sending a blank page. Thanks.

TiNa

Naturalization Journey

----------------------------------------------------

12/18/12 - Send N-400 package to Phoenix Lockbox!

12/21/12 - Delivered and signed for by Fernando Dominguez

12/24/12 - E-mail notification that file sent to NBC (now able to check case status online!)

12/28/12 - E-mail notification that biometrics notice was sent!

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

04/02/13 - Interview! Passed!

May 2013 - Oath Ceremony!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Also please tell me that VSC is still frantically working on approvals (even if it's not approvals for VJers). I will feel much better. :unsure:

TiNa

Naturalization Journey

----------------------------------------------------

12/18/12 - Send N-400 package to Phoenix Lockbox!

12/21/12 - Delivered and signed for by Fernando Dominguez

12/24/12 - E-mail notification that file sent to NBC (now able to check case status online!)

12/28/12 - E-mail notification that biometrics notice was sent!

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

04/02/13 - Interview! Passed!

May 2013 - Oath Ceremony!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.