Interview Date Rescheduled In Later Date!!!

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
Helloo All,

Hope u all r doing fine... I am feeling really stressed out with this visa process.

I was so happy with my interview date which was on April 20th, as u all know that from my signature, we (me and my hubby) got interview letter through email from NVC. Later on, he also received a interview letter issued on March18th and received it couple of days back which was from US Embassy Dhaka. All was goin fine.

However, today my husband got another letter saying that my interview is scheduled for 27th???!!!!!!!! I mean what the hell is going on here??!!! My husband immidiately called to NVC, and they said, as per their system it is on 20th....They have no record. Then, they asked my husband to call DoS (I guess, not sure where, but it is in Washington) and gave him the number. But unfortunately, he could not talk today cuz it was already 6 o clock in the evenning.

So, what is going on here? I never heard any mess like this so far. My husband already got his ticket done, and we are in real mess.

Please guys... What should I do now?

Sonia

Sonia,

It could be typo from US embassy in Dhaka so, tell your husband to call department of state(DOS) to find out exact date.

Good luck!

U.S. Passport

xx-xx-2012: Passport application sent

I-130 petition for Sibling

07-19-2012: Sent I-130 via Priority mail

07-23-2012: I-130 received by PHX lbx (forwarded to california)

07-23-2012: Priority date

07-30-2012: I-797 receipt received

1. CR1 [Completed: 2009/Total Days: 325]

2. ROC [Completed: 2011/Total Days: 222]

3. CITIZENSHIP [Completed: 2012/Total Days: 125]

4. US PASSPORT [Completed: 2012/Total Days: ]

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Ok..Hubby called in the state dept. So they said it is requested by the embassy to change the date...So according to embassy it is on 27th.

Since nothing to loose...We will show up on 20th with all our correspondences (Since we have interview letters both from NVC and Embassy for April 20th). If they ask us to come back the next week, we are fine with that. Beside, we have our K3 interview scheduled on 26th, we are hoping to face the interview on that day....We want to go with even 1% of chances as becuz my husband will be with me on those times....and we simply have nothing much to do but poking Embassy for a visa...

Thanks guys with all ur help and support...And, just think, how thinks can drastically change ur happiness.....and u find urself so helpless...............

Pray for us....

Sonia

Edited by soniasharmin

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Some embassies reschedule the interviews due to space availability. Unfortunately should this happen, NVC may not be notified in time. Once they send off your documents to the embassy, i do not beliieve they are further involved in the process unless your case gets sent back. I think, not too sure. I would say email the embassy anyway, you may get a response sooner than the 20th They usually give estimates but do things a little sooner. Good luck to you.

I-130 for Two Step Children

App Recieved by USCIS: April 13, 2010

Notice Date: April 19, 2010

Notice Recieved: April 21, 2010

Touched: April 21, 2010

Touched: April 22, 2010

Approved:September 28,2010

Helloo All,

Hope u all r doing fine... I am feeling really stressed out with this visa process.

I was so happy with my interview date which was on April 20th, as u all know that from my signature, we (me and my hubby) got interview letter through email from NVC. Later on, he also received a interview letter issued on March18th and received it couple of days back which was from US Embassy Dhaka. All was goin fine.

However, today my husband got another letter saying that my interview is scheduled for 27th???!!!!!!!! I mean what the hell is going on here??!!! My husband immidiately called to NVC, and they said, as per their system it is on 20th....They have no record. Then, they asked my husband to call DoS (I guess, not sure where, but it is in Washington) and gave him the number. But unfortunately, he could not talk today cuz it was already 6 o clock in the evenning.

So, what is going on here? I never heard any mess like this so far. My husband already got his ticket done, and we are in real mess.

Sonia

This happened to me as well. We had one date, then my husband received a phone call saying it was rescheduled. He called back and they said they made a mistake, the embassy is closed on the original date. I would just find a way to get confirmation, but having a letter with the second date should be enough to show them on that date.

From K3 to CR-1 Route

08/29/2008- NOA1 from I-130 (initially going K3)

09/09/2008- NOA1 from I-129f

09/19/2008- Touch for I-130

(canceled I129f after speaking with Senator)

12/15/2008- Touch for I-129f probably to cancel, received withdrawal notice for 129f

12/23/2008 APPROVED for I-130 12/24/2008- Touch on I-130

NVC

12/29/2008- NVC case number assigned.

01/08/2009- DS3032 & AOS fee bill generated

01/08/2009- Husband emailed DS3032

01/10/2009- Received AOS fee bill in mail, payment pending

01/13/2009- AOS fee bill shows PAID online

01/14/2009- DS3032 acceptance email received

01/14/2009- IV fee bill payment in process online

01/15/2009- IV fee bill PAID (unable to print or email cover sheet)

01/15/2009- Sent I-864 package

01/21/2009- Hubby sent DS230 package RFE? on 01/22/2009

01/26/2009- RFE states IV fee not received, however I have a receipt, so I called NVC

01/27/2009- Rec email from NVC inquiry-fees received and DS230 will be sent.

1/30/2009- DS230 received by NVC

02/05/2009- RFE for court clearance, my fault, I misunderstood "applicable"

02/12/2009- Express mailed Court Clearance

02/17/2009- AVR says it has received the checklist letter response.

02/20/2009- CASE COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!! :)

02/25/2009- Case Forwarded to Embassy!

03/03/2009- Email received APPOINTMENT LETTER!

03/18/2009- Embassy called husband changing interview to April 30. :(

04/16/2009- Medical Exam. Passed

04/30/2009- Interview PASSED

Removing Conditions

02/14/2011- Mailed I-751

02/22/2011- NOA 1 received. GC extended one year.

03/15/2011- Biometrics appt

04/21/2011- Decision made = APPROVED

Well...Who call ur hubby? I have so many dates...he he he...All I have is dates......

Sonia

Hi Sonia,

Very sorry to hear this happened. I share your frustrations with the Dhaka Embassy, they have the most retarded policies for IV applicants. No phone calls or coming in to the embassy at all, only emails and faxes which they take at least 10 days to respond. Just venting my frustration, but I don't know why they made it so difficult for IV applicants, but for non-IV applicants they setup a hotline they can call everyday. I would think it should be the other way around, since IV involves reuniting families with USC's, they are a freaking US embassy after all.

Anyways, I understand they can take up to a month to respond to emails, but try to email them today as sometimes it only takes them 10 days to respond. Lol, only. You may get a response by April 15. As recommended on this thread, you can try to go in person with both letters tomorrow and confirm with someone. I'm not sure that will work, they usually just ask you to fill out a query form if you show up, to which they take another month to respond. But at least you tried. Also heard from previous applicants from Dhaka that embassy is usually unresponsive at the initial stages (packet 3 or before), but once interview date is set and you have the instructional packet, your case becomes a priority and they respond quickly. So maybe you will have better luck now dealing with them.

A previous VJ'er mentioned once the NVC forwards your packet to embassy, it is out of NVC's hand and embassy will make the decisions going forward. Unfortunately, I think this is correct as I read the same before. NVC probably does not have the updated date. Since the DOS confirmed as well, your date was probably moved to 27th. But do show up on the 20th and see what happens. I really hoped I could just deal with the NVC for CR1 and avoid the embassy completely until the interview date, since the freakin embassy delayed like crazy for my K3. But unfortunately, gotta deal with the embassy for CR1 as well :wacko: I hope they don't screw me as well once my date is set.

Worst case scenario, your hubbie may have to spend a few more hundred dollars if he is planning on rescheduling his flight, but otherwise you will get the visa on the 20th or the 27th. Good luck!

Well...Who call ur hubby? I have so many dates...he he he...All I have is dates......

Sonia

The Embassy called my husband to tell him about rescheduling. He called them back to make sure they gave him the same information and to ask why. Since your embassy might be more difficult to get a hold of, I would go there to confirm it just for peace of mind. I believe the later date you received is probably the right one.

From K3 to CR-1 Route

08/29/2008- NOA1 from I-130 (initially going K3)

09/09/2008- NOA1 from I-129f

09/19/2008- Touch for I-130

(canceled I129f after speaking with Senator)

12/15/2008- Touch for I-129f probably to cancel, received withdrawal notice for 129f

12/23/2008 APPROVED for I-130 12/24/2008- Touch on I-130

NVC

12/29/2008- NVC case number assigned.

01/08/2009- DS3032 & AOS fee bill generated

01/08/2009- Husband emailed DS3032

01/10/2009- Received AOS fee bill in mail, payment pending

01/13/2009- AOS fee bill shows PAID online

01/14/2009- DS3032 acceptance email received

01/14/2009- IV fee bill payment in process online

01/15/2009- IV fee bill PAID (unable to print or email cover sheet)

01/15/2009- Sent I-864 package

01/21/2009- Hubby sent DS230 package RFE? on 01/22/2009

01/26/2009- RFE states IV fee not received, however I have a receipt, so I called NVC

01/27/2009- Rec email from NVC inquiry-fees received and DS230 will be sent.

1/30/2009- DS230 received by NVC

02/05/2009- RFE for court clearance, my fault, I misunderstood "applicable"

02/12/2009- Express mailed Court Clearance

02/17/2009- AVR says it has received the checklist letter response.

02/20/2009- CASE COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!! :)

02/25/2009- Case Forwarded to Embassy!

03/03/2009- Email received APPOINTMENT LETTER!

03/18/2009- Embassy called husband changing interview to April 30. :(

04/16/2009- Medical Exam. Passed

04/30/2009- Interview PASSED

Removing Conditions

02/14/2011- Mailed I-751

02/22/2011- NOA 1 received. GC extended one year.

03/15/2011- Biometrics appt

04/21/2011- Decision made = APPROVED

Hi Sonia,

My interview date has been rescheduled too. My original date was on 20th April,2009. But recently I have received a mail from the US embassy Dhaka stating that the interview date is 27th April, 2009. Now I called the NVC and asked them about it and they seem to know nothing about it and said that they can not help me with this and I should call the DHK US embassy and also gave the phone number . I did call them and the most wired thing is that a Bangladeshi lady picked up the call and said can not help unless I send an e-mail to them. I did send them an e-mail on 30th March bit still today didn’t get any reply. I thought this is a very serious issue. Don’t know what to do. I am thinking of going there with my papers on Sunday and see what they say about it…..

Please let me know the DOS phone number I need to call them too about this.

Pray for us too and will see you on the interview seems like we have the same date here.

:wacko:

Khaled

===

Helloo All,

Sonia

Hi Sonia,

My interview date has been rescheduled too. My original date was on 20th April,2009. But recently I have received a mail from the US embassy Dhaka stating that the interview date is 27th April, 2009. Now I called the NVC and asked them about it and they seem to know nothing about it and said that they can not help me with this and I should call the DHK US embassy and also gave the phone number . I did call them and the most wired thing is that a Bangladeshi lady picked up the call and said can not help unless I send an e-mail to them. I did send them an e-mail on 30th March bit still today didn’t get any reply. I thought this is a very serious issue. Don’t know what to do. I am thinking of going there with my papers on Sunday and see what they say about it…..

Pray for us too and will see you on the interview seems like we have the same date here.

Khaled

===

Helloo All,

Sonia

Actually Payal, what the lady at the Dhaka embassy told you about not calling and emailing, and then not responding to your emails, is nothing weird at all for that embassy. Read my previous post, they are a bunch of morons.

Don't worry, just go in person and see if you can get an update. Otherwise, just go on the 20, and if they say to come back on the 27, go back on the 27.

Timeline
Hi Sonia,

Khaled

===

Helloo All,

Sonia

Dear Khaled..Glad that I found someone who is in the same ship of ######....pardon my language but I can't just help it when I think of US Embassy Dhaka...

Well, as you can see, for those who had interview on 20th, more likely to be rescheduled for 27th. And, My husband(Petitioner) called DoS and they said that they did it as per Embassy's request. So, I still have not sure what am I goin to do....My husband is coming next week, so we probabely will decide what would be the best thing to do...

I would be really happy if u keep in touch with me cuz we have interview on the same date....

Allah helps us all...

Sonia

Timeline

Khaled...This previous post of mine - is for u .....

Embassy in Dhaka, Bangladesh has some pretty weird policy. They don't answer phone calls. U can only email or fax and u will get reply after 1 month or so. Today is 3rd April and next 2 days are weekends. So if I email them on 5th (I can even email them today), I will never get a reply in time.. so far pointless.

I know, it is only a week later but problem is, we had some plans, my husband is coming all the spending thousands of dollars. It is never easy. Worst case I would have to face the interview on 27th. But why is this kinda mess? Atleast when I have interview letters both from NVC and Embassy which says it is on 20th?????????????????

Sonia

Hi Sonia,

Khaled

===

Helloo All,

Sonia

Dear Khaled..Glad that I found someone who is in the same ship of ######....pardon my language but I can't just help it when I think of US Embassy Dhaka...

Well, as you can see, for those who had interview on 20th, more likely to be rescheduled for 27th. And, My husband(Petitioner) called DoS and they said that they did it as per Embassy's request. So, I still have not sure what am I goin to do....My husband is coming next week, so we probabely will decide what would be the best thing to do...

I would be really happy if u keep in touch with me cuz we have interview on the same date....

Allah helps us all...

Sonia

Dear Sonia,

thank you for your reply. Sorry I was out of DHK for a while, so couldn't reply you. So did you get any confirmation about the interview date? I tried to see some one in the ermbassy but couldn't manage it. My wife is coming down too and she is going to take the citizen service of the US embassy DHK and clarify the issue. O! let me know when your husband is in DHK. By the way, my wife is the petitioner for our case. Any way let us pray for each other .

Khaled.

Timeline

So...Here's the fact...

Latest Headlines From the Embassy

Consular Section Closed April 20

The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Dhaka will be closed on Monday, April 20, 2009, for administrative purposes. We will resume our regular services on Tuesday, April 21, 2009. We apologize for any inconvenience.

In the event of an emergency, American citizens should call the Embassy operator at 885-5500, and ask to speak with the Embassy Duty Officer.

For the latest security information, Americans living and traveling abroad should regularly monitor the Department's Bureau of Consular Affairs Internet web site at http://travel.state.gov, where the current Country Specific Information, Current Travel Warning, Current Travel Alerts, Worldwide Caution, and other Travel Alerts and Travel Warnings can be found. Notices specific to Dhaka can also be found at http://dhaka.usembassy.gov.

Up-to-date information on security can also be obtained by calling 1-888-407-4747 toll free in the U.S. and Canada. For callers outside the U.S. and Canada, information is available through a regular toll line at 1-202-501-4444. These numbers are available from 8:00 am to 8:00 p.m., Eastern Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).

Sonia

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sonia,

Sorry you have to wait an additional week but at least now you know for sure. It will be here soon. Good luck :thumbs:

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.