MonkeyJuice

How can we help Estadia (Sara)??

215 posts in this topic

Sara what is stopping you from just moving to India and getting married there?

K-1

12/23/08-Mailed I-129F (VT)

12/27/08-Package arrived (VT)

12/29/08-NOA1! Yay

07/07/09-NOA2 after 6.5 months!

07/11/09-Received hardcopy of NOA2

07/14/09-Received by NVC & got case#

07/16/09-NVC sent case to SDO

07/20/09-Case arrived as SDO

08/13/09-My honey got his packet!!!

10/05/09-Appointment-Approved but on AP :(

10/20/09-Out of AP!!!

10/24/09-Hello USA

11/21/09-Wedding

AOS

12/08/09-Mailed packet

12/10/09-Delivered

12/14/09-Check cashed

12/14/09-NOA1

12/31/09-RFE

01/13/10-Biometrics

02/04/10-Case Transferred to CSC

02/09/10-EAD approved

02/13/10-EAD received

03/05/10-I485 Approved!

event.png

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sara -

Is he a practitioner primarily of immigration law? Or is this a sideline of his?

He should be handling your case - not an associate in his office or someone else. He should be taking your phone calls.

This is malpractice.

Find another attorney willing to represent you. Once you have found someone else, fire your current lawyer. Demand your entire case file back. Then report him to your state bar association. If he is a member of AILA, report him to them.

he was listed as primarily immigration attorney, im not sure but i think he became part of another law firm after we hired him but i could be wrong he might have been before and i just didnt know it, he has moved once or twice since we first started with him.

i think ur right!!!!!

im a little better today so i will be looking and seeing what if anything can be done now at this point.

thanks for the advise it sounds pretty much what i have been thinking for about a year how

sara

to Estadia (Sarah) I'm so proud of you being a strong woman..keep the faith in God and your patience in waiting for the process of the K1 of your Fiancee',,I'm hoping your Fiance will be in United States soon and you both get married..goodluck and stay strong.

=Ana=

Timeline

that was our plan if i get a clean eco gram on my heart in june, how ever when i got sick i didnt have health insurance so most of what we had saved when to my medical needs.

my mom has congestive heart failure, most the time she is pretty good but when she isnt i take care of her and help with the kids.

if i go with out her and the kids there just is not ANYONE that can stay with her and help out. perviz and i had planned to move her and my younger brother and sisters to india during the time that was needed for the marraige there and to file directly........

sara

I know moving to India might not be the ideal solution, so have you considered both immigrating to a third country?

Australia, New Zealand and I believe Canada and the UK will let your sponsor yourself, provided you have the education and job background to do so. It would only take one of you to be accepted, then by marriage you could get the other one. Lots of nice places to live outside the US, some will argue the quality of life is better too :)

------- ROC ---------------

06.29.2011 Mailed I-751

09.22.2011 RFE

Timeline
to Estadia (Sarah) I'm so proud of you being a strong woman..keep the faith in God and your patience in waiting for the process of the K1 of your Fiancee',,I'm hoping your Fiance will be in United States soon and you both get married..goodluck and stay strong.

=Ana=

awe thank you ana

sara

that was our plan if i get a clean eco gram on my heart in june, how ever when i got sick i didnt have health insurance so most of what we had saved when to my medical needs.

my mom has congestive heart failure, most the time she is pretty good but when she isnt i take care of her and help with the kids.

if i go with out her and the kids there just is not ANYONE that can stay with her and help out. perviz and i had planned to move her and my younger brother and sisters to india during the time that was needed for the marraige there and to file directly........

sara

I understand better now. I figured there was another issue. Well, maybe you can try putting your efforts into thinking of other options than moving to the US. I am considering that too.

K-1

12/23/08-Mailed I-129F (VT)

12/27/08-Package arrived (VT)

12/29/08-NOA1! Yay

07/07/09-NOA2 after 6.5 months!

07/11/09-Received hardcopy of NOA2

07/14/09-Received by NVC & got case#

07/16/09-NVC sent case to SDO

07/20/09-Case arrived as SDO

08/13/09-My honey got his packet!!!

10/05/09-Appointment-Approved but on AP :(

10/20/09-Out of AP!!!

10/24/09-Hello USA

11/21/09-Wedding

AOS

12/08/09-Mailed packet

12/10/09-Delivered

12/14/09-Check cashed

12/14/09-NOA1

12/31/09-RFE

01/13/10-Biometrics

02/04/10-Case Transferred to CSC

02/09/10-EAD approved

02/13/10-EAD received

03/05/10-I485 Approved!

event.png

Timeline

I know moving to India might not be the ideal solution, so have you considered both immigrating to a third country?

Australia, New Zealand and I believe Canada and the UK will let your sponsor yourself, provided you have the education and job background to do so. It would only take one of you to be accepted, then by marriage you could get the other one. Lots of nice places to live outside the US, some will argue the quality of life is better too :)

yes we have thought about it, because of his education and being a doctor it makes sense for him to be the one to do that, im a graphic designer and still lacking my BA in creative writing........

i would love to stay and fight csc to the end but it just is a waste of time i think

sara

yes we have thought about it, because of his education and being a doctor it makes sense for him to be the one to do that, im a graphic designer and still lacking my BA in creative writing........

i would love to stay and fight csc to the end but it just is a waste of time i think

sara

I only know first hand about NZ (and somewhat Australia). The process is very straightforward and their immigration people are nicer than the US. Once you both have residency elsewhere, an IR-1 in a few years should be easy to DCF for. Healthcare in these places is pretty good too.

Edited by Ed+Cindy

------- ROC ---------------

06.29.2011 Mailed I-751

09.22.2011 RFE

Sara

I am so sorry that you are still caught up in background checks.

I really hope that you have a resolution soon.

07/15/2008 I-129f sent to VSC

07/19/2008 I-129f received at VSC

12/09/2008 NOA2 approved

01/13/2009 Medical completed

02/03/2009 Interview - APPROVED!!

02/28/2009 POE Raleigh/Durham

05/02/2009 Official wedding day...get to see the family!

04/11/2009 AOS paperwork sent

04/17/2009 NOA for I-765 & I-131

05/13/2009 Biometrics appointment

05/08/2009 Biometrics done

06/05/2009 EAD & AP approved

06/23/2009 back in the UK

Filed: Timeline

Ugh. Goodness, Sara - I don't know how you do it. I truly don't. I am so disgusted with how indifferent USCIS seems to be about all this and I wish so much that I could do something to help you.

I was reading through some of your old threads to see if there was any other information other than what you've written in your timeline, and I found a post from February where they told you that they needed some more information from you, and they'd expedite it if you were to follow their directions? What happened to that? Do you know if they got it? If so, why aren't they working on the stupid thing? Ugh.

Oh, and do you have any news about the website that was being put together for you?

And, finally - I concur with Rebeccajo's post. As he is not representing you, it is most definitely malpractice. Check out this website: http://www.osbar.org/cao The page details how you can go about filing a complaint and includes any numbers that you may need to call [including numbers to file a malpractice claim], as well as a sample form for filing a complaint.

The only doom that's looming is you loving me to death,

So I'll give you a sec to catch your breath.

Timeline
Ugh. Goodness, Sara - I don't know how you do it. I truly don't. I am so disgusted with how indifferent USCIS seems to be about all this and I wish so much that I could do something to help you.

I was reading through some of your old threads to see if there was any other information other than what you've written in your timeline, and I found a post from February where they told you that they needed some more information from you, and they'd expedite it if you were to follow their directions? What happened to that? Do you know if they got it? If so, why aren't they working on the stupid thing? Ugh.

Oh, and do you have any news about the website that was being put together for you?

And, finally - I concur with Rebeccajo's post. As he is not representing you, it is most definitely malpractice. Check out this website: http://www.osbar.org/cao The page details how you can go about filing a complaint and includes any numbers that you may need to call [including numbers to file a malpractice claim], as well as a sample form for filing a complaint.

thank you for ur kind words.

yup sent down what the supervisor told us to and asked for the expedite........called them back in march to find out if those items connected with ur original petition and that is when things got really crazy, the supervisor that i talked to at that time told me that NO person could have told me to send those and that the embassy had returned our petition for further review, i tried to explain to her that our petition was never made it out of csc and is still waiting for noa2, she refused to listen and told me to wait six months for them to review the return petition :blink:

when i brought all of this up at the info pass the lady said im really sorry that u were told all those things but it simply is not true ur case has been in extended back ground review since feb of 2008.....

so that tells me that csc really just pretty much tells anyone what they feel like saying to get them off the phone.

thank you for the link i will read it and see what to do.

sara

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Sara, I haven't read through all the past pages of this thread (just the past few), but is there anything at all we can do? You're in my prayers and thoughts, but I wish there were something more we could do....I'll be praying for your interview with the visitor visa as well. I hope so badly that you'll receive it this time. Inshallah. (F)

event.png

Timeline
Sara, I haven't read through all the past pages of this thread (just the past few), but is there anything at all we can do? You're in my prayers and thoughts, but I wish there were something more we could do....I'll be praying for your interview with the visitor visa as well. I hope so badly that you'll receive it this time. Inshallah. (F)

thank you, at this point i think that all anyone can do is write to or email their congressmen, senators, even the white house there are more that are waiting like i am some of them will hit their two year mark in june, they just dont return to vj because they are so depressed.

sara

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.