rlt

RECALLED PETITION - UPDATE

1,102 posts in this topic

cdngirl: Wow. I'm so sorry to hear that. So what happens now? Can't they issue another packet or something? Do you actually have to wait for them to find the packet? Gee! And we thought IMBRA was a nightmare.

Well, it's not our packet 3 stuff that's missing, it's the actual case file from NVC. The whole file, everything we've submitted, all the notes and stuff USCIS has made that were being sent to Montreal after our re-approval. It definitely left NVC and definitely hasn't shown up in Montreal.

We have photocopies of everything we've sent to or received from USCIS, and have offered to send them copies of them, which they might accept if they decide to recreate the file. They told us last week that they'd put us on the interview list while they waited to get the file, but when I spoke with them today, the lady told me they couldn't assign an interview date until they get the case, so we're in limbo at the moment.

K-1 Visa (176 days)

18 Apr 2006 - NOA1

Lost case file, congressman intervention...

4 Oct 2006 - Interview Day! Approved!

AOS/EAD/AP

23 Jan 2007 - NOA for EAD & AOS

2 Feb 2007 - NOA for AP

Wrong A# printed on my visa, find out I have 2 A#s (both different from # on visa), case sent to storage before green card was made...

29 Dec 2007 - Green Card Received!

K-1 Visa Part II (uh oh)

30 Aug 2008 - Second Packet 3 received (umm?)

12 Feb 2009 - Montreal requests copy of green card to close file (sent)

24 Apr 2009 - CRIS notice saying my case is being reviewed. (eek!?)

I-751 (141 days)

4 Sep 2009 - Documents mailed to VSC

9 Sep 2009 - Documents stamped received at VSC

14 Sep 2009 - NOA received

23 Sep 2009 - Biometrics letter received

15 Oct 2009 - Biometrics appointment

13 Jan 2010 - Card Production Ordered!

22 Jan 2010 - New Green Card Received!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

cdngirl: Wow. I'm so sorry to hear that. So what happens now? Can't they issue another packet or something? Do you actually have to wait for them to find the packet? Gee! And we thought IMBRA was a nightmare.

Well, it's not our packet 3 stuff that's missing, it's the actual case file from NVC. The whole file, everything we've submitted, all the notes and stuff USCIS has made that were being sent to Montreal after our re-approval. It definitely left NVC and definitely hasn't shown up in Montreal.

We have photocopies of everything we've sent to or received from USCIS, and have offered to send them copies of them, which they might accept if they decide to recreate the file. They told us last week that they'd put us on the interview list while they waited to get the file, but when I spoke with them today, the lady told me they couldn't assign an interview date until they get the case, so we're in limbo at the moment.

That's awful... That's what I meant by "packet" - I just don't know which documents they (NVC) actually send to the consulate. Is there any kind of timeframe? I mean, after how long they'll admit that it's been lost "forever" and what would they do next?

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

OMG! You can forget all of that! They still don't have our paperwork, but they've assigned us an interview!!! Yay! Just like they'd originally promised, and much sooner than expected - October 4th - I can't believe how soon that is!!!

They want us to bring in copies (and originals) of everything we've sent in for them and the originals of both approval letters (pre- and post-IMBRA) and my fiancé has to come in with me to swear an oath (for the IMBRA stuff we're assuming), but we get our interview! I'm soooooo excited and relieved right now! Thanks Montreal! :D:D:D

K-1 Visa (176 days)

18 Apr 2006 - NOA1

Lost case file, congressman intervention...

4 Oct 2006 - Interview Day! Approved!

AOS/EAD/AP

23 Jan 2007 - NOA for EAD & AOS

2 Feb 2007 - NOA for AP

Wrong A# printed on my visa, find out I have 2 A#s (both different from # on visa), case sent to storage before green card was made...

29 Dec 2007 - Green Card Received!

K-1 Visa Part II (uh oh)

30 Aug 2008 - Second Packet 3 received (umm?)

12 Feb 2009 - Montreal requests copy of green card to close file (sent)

24 Apr 2009 - CRIS notice saying my case is being reviewed. (eek!?)

I-751 (141 days)

4 Sep 2009 - Documents mailed to VSC

9 Sep 2009 - Documents stamped received at VSC

14 Sep 2009 - NOA received

23 Sep 2009 - Biometrics letter received

15 Oct 2009 - Biometrics appointment

13 Jan 2010 - Card Production Ordered!

22 Jan 2010 - New Green Card Received!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
OMG! You can forget all of that! They still don't have our paperwork, but they've assigned us an interview!!! Yay! Just like they'd originally promised, and much sooner than expected - October 4th - I can't believe how soon that is!!!

They want us to bring in copies (and originals) of everything we've sent in for them and the originals of both approval letters (pre- and post-IMBRA) and my fiancé has to come in with me to swear an oath (for the IMBRA stuff we're assuming), but we get our interview! I'm soooooo excited and relieved right now! Thanks Montreal! :D:D:D

That's great! I'm happy that your interview was scheduled and here's to it being a success! At our interview they also wanted to look at our approval notice.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :dance:(F)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

That's great! I'm happy that your interview was scheduled and here's to it being a success! At our interview they also wanted to look at our approval notice.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :dance:(F)

I hope they have a different view in Paris about the second approval (post-IMBRA) notice. CSC never sent anything, no online case update, no email. I did get a letter from NVC saying that USCIS had informed them my petition had been reaffirmed. Kinda weird, huh?

2/28/06 - K-1 app sent to NSC

3/06/06 - NOA 1

3/31/06 - NOA 2

4/12/06 - NVC sent approved petition to Paris embassy

4/24/06 - fiance received instruction pkt (pkt 3)

5/05/06 - pkt 3 checklist returned to embassy

6/16/06 - CRIS-USCIS email "petition received"

6/21/06 - 1-797s (2) received, petition "received", "reopened" by CSC

6/26/06 - email, RFE sent

7/05/06 - RFE received and sent back to CSC

7/06/06 - RFE received, signed for by receptionist at CSC

7/11/06 - email RFE received by CSC

7/12/06 - touched (same message as day before about RFE receipt

WAITING WAITING WAITING

8/15/06 - NVC receives reaffirmed petition (no written confirmation yet)

8/22/06 - NVC sends reapproved petition back to Paris CHOUETTE!!!!

9/21/06 - Pkt. 4 received

10/4/06 - INTERVIEW scheduled\

11-14-06 - VISA RECEIVED!!!!![/b]

12/08/06 - Arrives - POE PDX

12/14/06 - Married in Vegas, Baby!!!

AOS

01/03/07- I-485 sent to Chicago

01/09/07 - NOA from MSC

01/30/07 - Biometrics taken

02/01/07 - touched

04/10/07 - Interview scheduled/AOS approved - I-551 stamp in passport

04/18/07 - Permanent Resident Card received!!!!!

Timeline
Sleepless,

have you got an answer from the Consulate yet?

The embassy sent the pkt 4 with interview date and request for another letter of intent to marry from me. Nothing said about the second NOA 2 form. It's impossible to talk to anyone at the embassy there, no email,etc. You can fax them, which I have done in the past, but they never responded. ????? Let's just hope the October 4th interview goes OK.

3/06/06 - NOA 1

3/31/06 - NOA 2

WAITING WAITING WAITING

AOS

01/09/07 - NOA from MSC

02/01/07 - touched

Timeline
Guys, I'll be picking up my visa two days from noW!! :star:

BRAVO!!!!! WOW!!!! After dragging our tails for months, it seems like good things are happening quickly now. I hope the good luck streak continues.

3/06/06 - NOA 1

3/31/06 - NOA 2

WAITING WAITING WAITING

AOS

01/09/07 - NOA from MSC

02/01/07 - touched

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My fiance and I find ourselves in a similar position. Although the NVC claims to have sent the paperwork on September 13th, the embassy in Moscow claims they do not have anything. Since the package was sent out DHL, I don't know who to believe. Interviews are now entering December!

Since the NVC won't do anything and the embassy won't do anything we are in beauracratic catch 22 hell. Any recomendations? I was in Moscow last week and saw my fiance (wife) cry for the first time since we met. It was heartbreaking.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
My fiance and I find ourselves in a similar position. Although the NVC claims to have sent the paperwork on September 13th, the embassy in Moscow claims they do not have anything. Since the package was sent out DHL, I don't know who to believe. Interviews are now entering December!

Since the NVC won't do anything and the embassy won't do anything we are in beauracratic catch 22 hell. Any recomendations? I was in Moscow last week and saw my fiance (wife) cry for the first time since we met. It was heartbreaking.

Do not panic! My case was forwarded to the US Consulate in Kiev on September 14. Today, September 28 they, finally, scheduled an interview. There are many things that might have happened: Vacations, sick time, training, laziness, etc. It’s a matter of days for you. I e-mailed Kiev numerous times and probably pissed some people off. Finally, I e-mailed the NVC and asked them who is lying - the NVC or the Consulate. Also, I asked them to trace my package and verify who signed for it. One hour and fifteen minutes later they called my fiancée. A coincidence...? I know how difficult it is, but be patient just a few more days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Do not panic! My case was forwarded to the US Consulate in Kiev on September 14. Today, September 28 they, finally, scheduled an interview. There are many things that might have happened: Vacations, sick time, training, laziness, etc. It’s a matter of days for you. I e-mailed Kiev numerous times and probably pissed some people off. Finally, I e-mailed the NVC and asked them who is lying - the NVC or the Consulate. Also, I asked them to trace my package and verify who signed for it. One hour and fifteen minutes later they called my fiancée. A coincidence...? I know how difficult it is, but be patient just a few more days.

mew,

great to have you back. are you in the states now?

I129F Vermont Service Center

I-129F Sent: 2006-03-21 I-129F NOA1: 2006-03-28 I-129F NOA2 : 2006-04-20

case sent back from overseas: 2006-05-22 because of IMBRA law

case received back at NVC: 2006-07-21

reopened at VSC: 2006-08-02

I-129F RFE(s) sent from VSC, email notice: 2006-08-03

I-129F RFE(s) received at my house:2006-08-09

RFE returned to VSC via USPS Priority Mail: 2006-08-10

RFE returned to VSC, email notice of receipt: 2006-08-15

Reapproval: 2006-08-29

Sent to NVC: 2006-08-30

Sent to Consulate: 2006-09-07

Consulate Received: Unsure

Received Packet 4: 2006-09-27

Interview Date : 10/12/2006

Entered USA : 10/31/2006 Married : 11/20/2006 SSN Received: 12/12/2006

AOS and EAD

Aos and I-765 Sent : 02/13/2007 via USPS Certified Mail

USPS delivery to Chicago Lockbox confirmed through Internet USPS tracking number: 2/20/2007

Check cashed : 03/02/2007

Noa for I765, I485 : 02/27/2007

Letter received for Biometrics : 03/05/2007

Biometrics Appointment 20 minutes : 03/16/2007

Email notifying I485 transferred to CSC : 03/19/2007

Letter received notifying transfer to CSC : 03/26/2007

Email notifying I485 case is pending at CSC : 04/17/2007

EAD Approved and Card Production ordered email : 05/07/2007

EAD Approval notice sent via snail mail: 05/10/2007 EAD Received : 05/11/2007

Email welcoming new permanent resident : 05/24/2007

2 Year Green card in hand : 06/01/2007

i-751

sent out packet via priority mail and delivery confirmation to Vermont Service Center: 03/23/2009

check cashed: 3/31/09 Noa: 4/1/09 Biometrics letter: 4/15/09 Biometrics Appt: 4/24/09 done

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
mew,

great to have you back. are you in the states now?

No, not yet. I had to cancel the first plane ticket I had bought when I had the interview schedule back in June and as it turns out, they (the travel agency or the company they bought my ticket from) have forgotten to ask for a refund. So... here I am. Almost 4 months later and no refund. I need the money to get the new ticket.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.