trailmix

Has your weiner consumption increased? Condiments yes or no?

Eating hotdogs in the U.S.A.  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Please select one

• I eat more hotdogs in the U.S.
    • I eat more hotdogs in Canada
    • I do not eat hotdogs
  2. 2. What condiments do you use (multiple choice)

• Ketchup
    • Mustard
    • Relish
    • Onions
    • Cheese
    • None
    • Other (let us know if you want to!)
    • I'm married now, so we don't use condiments anymore

58 posts in this topic

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best Hot Dogs in the WORLD!!!!1 (and that even includes Canada :P)

Pinks Hot Dogs

I live in St. Louis, so how the heck are we supposed to sample these? :lol:

Someone earlier said they don't like the thick skinned hotdogs. MrsCat maybe? Anyway, the BEST hotdog I had actually was from a street vendor in Chicago. It was a huge thick skinned hotdog and the skin was hard to bite through, but I did, and it had the most delicious juicy...and I mean juicy, the juice flew out of the dog...I mean it squirted!!! :lol:

:blush: Anyway, it was the best hotdog I'd ever had.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Pinks Hot Dogs

My husband told me Nathan's were the best. They tasted like grease.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

:rofl: I love this topic!!!

I do eat Hebrew Nationals now that I'm on US soil.. and they are yummmmerss..

in fact this week I ate supper and then was starving around 9pm.. Hubby came home from a meeting and I had eaten 2 hotdogs and there was "evidence" around.. he just gave me a :blink: and said "did you just eat hotdogs too?"... I didn't feel guilty.. not one bit!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

This brings up the topic of street meat.

I was told by everyone how great NYC hot dog carts were. Now coming from Toronto, I guess my expectations were already high because when I finally did try an NYC hot dog I was very dissapointed.

The opens vendor up this door in his cart and dips his tongs into a basin of sitting water! There was hardly any of the good stuff to throw on it like pickles and onions etc etc. It was just a hot dog... a lame floppy weiner.

In Toronto the street meat is AMAZING! They grill it for you and they have tons of things there you can put on it. Best thing you can get when you're coming out of the bar all tipsy. :P

I heard Chicago is home to some good street meat too but I have yet to sample it.

I think NYC street meat is pure #######.

Amanda, Jill and I had this conversation already before but I figure I'll start it again here.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Pinks Hot Dogs

My husband told me Nathan's were the best. They tasted like grease.

Nathan's are very good, but Pinks has such a menu to order from. Usually on weekends, the wait is 60-90 mins for a lunchtime dog. It's only about 10-20 during the week. Mmmmmmmmmmmm now I want a chili bacon cheese dog. They also have the old school soda, and most don't have HFCS :P

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
... a lame floppy weiner.

The thread is great for sooooooooooooo many reasons. And sentences like this make my day. :lol:

Timeline

my hubby wants to try out Pink's but we haven't gotten around to it yet...

there is this place called The Hat that makes awesome chili cheeseburgers and hot dogs and chili cheese fries

http://www.thehat.com/index.htm

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

It's on Labrea and Melrose in Hollywood :) They are a bit pricey, but well worth the money. Have you tried Tommy's for Chili Burgers Marilyn?

I loved the Hot Dogs in NYC. I guess you went to a crappy one, cause the ones I went to in manhattan were great. Mmmmmm all those peppers, mustard, onions. Chicago hot dogs are great too. A different style and flavor. The ones I went to were more Polish sausages. So good. So bad for you.

We don't really have street vendors here for hot dogs. Only Mexican food I've seen. They have the best carne asada burrito and burritos de seso mmmmmm (Don't ask about seso, just accept that it is good).

Edited by Rob and Mel

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

I've had two hot dogs since Christmas, both at Costco's.

I saw a documentary on famous hot dogs stands recently and now I really, really want to go to a famous hot dog place in Atlanta called the Varsity. I can't seem to drag Phil out there however. I may just have to suck it up and go alone.

~ Catherine

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

I don't know why we eat these things. Nitrates are very bad for you. But here in Texas, we go to Wienerschnitzel.

http://www.wienerschnitzel.com/

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Filed: Timeline
I love this skit from Kids in The Hall- Gavin at the butcher shop. I love what he says about hot dogs and what they are made of. :D Sorry- i know we weren't supposed to go there but it's KITH!

http://kithclip.blogspot.com/2008/08/gavin-butcher-shop.html

I'll have to come back to that. I just had hotdogs for lunch. :lol:

Oh gross - I know what you mean about the chicken hotdogs...glad I'm nto the only one who noticed it

Blech. I don't like them for the exact same reason, either.

I LOVE hotdogs. I prefer them over hamburgers.

I couldn't possibly eat a hotdog on top of hamburger! :lol:

I used to eat them in Canada all the time. THEN I used to include Cheez Whiz on mine. Sometimes when I had a craving and no buns (only bakery or homemade buns thank you!), I would roll them in bread after nuking them in the microwave for one minute. Mmmmmmmm :lol:

I just had Canadian Cheez Whiz on mine today! If there's none available I'll just go without cheese.

I do eat Hebrew Nationals now that I'm on US soil.. and they are yummmmerss..

in fact this week I ate supper and then was starving around 9pm.. Hubby came home from a meeting and I had eaten 2 hotdogs and there was "evidence" around.. he just gave me a :blink: and said "did you just eat hotdogs too?"... I didn't feel guilty.. not one bit!

:lol:

I buy Hebrew Nationals too. They're good. Well, as far as hotdogs go, I guess. :lol:

I like to chop up some fresh tomatoes and put those on too.

I can't believe I'm responding to a hotdog thread instead of picking up my inlaws from the airport. But I'm sure they'll understand. :lol: Okay. I'm outta here. :(

iagree.gif

Timeline
It's on Labrea and Melrose in Hollywood :) They are a bit pricey, but well worth the money. Have you tried Tommy's for Chili Burgers Marilyn?

I loved the Hot Dogs in NYC. I guess you went to a crappy one, cause the ones I went to in manhattan were great. Mmmmmm all those peppers, mustard, onions. Chicago hot dogs are great too. A different style and flavor. The ones I went to were more Polish sausages. So good. So bad for you.

We don't really have street vendors here for hot dogs. Only Mexican food I've seen. They have the best carne asada burrito and burritos de seso mmmmmm (Don't ask about seso, just accept that it is good).

Nope I went to the standard Nathans hot dog cart, and may I add I went to two that day. :lol: And it was in Manhattan as well. Its the place everyone told me to go to - "OMGZIES GET A NATHANS HOT DOG!"

Disgusting!

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.