trailmix

Has your weiner consumption increased? Condiments yes or no?

Eating hotdogs in the U.S.A.  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Please select one

• I eat more hotdogs in the U.S.
    • I eat more hotdogs in Canada
    • I do not eat hotdogs
  2. 2. What condiments do you use (multiple choice)

• Ketchup
    • Mustard
    • Relish
    • Onions
    • Cheese
    • None
    • Other (let us know if you want to!)
    • I'm married now, so we don't use condiments anymore

58 posts in this topic

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Probably more in Canada. I love hotdogs but my husband isn't a huge fan.

My fave hotdogs are steamies in Montreal- haven't had any of those in years though.

I love coleslaw on my hotdogs as well as ketchup, relish, mustard and onions.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't really eat hot dogs anymore now that I don't have the shopsys brand here.

But at my sons school they have hot dog day twice a week. I think that's strange.

My in-laws eat chicken dogs, I hate those things because sometimes when eating them you get crunchy hard stuff, I think its bone - whatever the case its nasty.

I watched 'how its made' once and I saw this giant tub of by-product gelatin type goo being mixed around and then forced into skin casings... that kind of turned me off.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I love this skit from Kids in The Hall- Gavin at the butcher shop. I love what he says about hot dogs and what they are made of. :D Sorry- i know we weren't supposed to go there but it's KITH!

http://kithclip.blogspot.com/2008/08/gavin-butcher-shop.html

Timeline

:blush: trail - isn't this a private issue? lol

Anyway - Schneider's Red hots all the way baby, American hotdogs have NOT met my expectations. many brands have a weird, kind of tough skin (so nasty) - I don't want there to be resistance as I bite in.....I feel like gagging just thinking of it

Ball Park all beef Lite seem pretty ok

I don't really eat hot dogs anymore now that I don't have the shopsys brand here.

But at my sons school they have hot dog day twice a week. I think that's strange.

My in-laws eat chicken dogs, I hate those things because sometimes when eating them you get crunchy hard stuff, I think its bone - whatever the case its nasty.

I watched 'how its made' once and I saw this giant tub of by-product gelatin type goo being mixed around and then forced into skin casings... that kind of turned me off.

Oh gross - I know what you mean about the chicken hotdogs...glad I'm nto the only one who noticed it

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I only eat them at Costco!! yummy costco!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
I only eat them at Costco!! yummy costco!!

Ya! I miss Costco hotdogs and poutine!

I was dying for poutine yesterday. :crying:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

there is no option for "my consumption of hot dogs hasn't changed"... :P ..lol

i don't think I eat anymore here then I did in Canada...

I buy the Farmer John brand.. it seems ok to me.. I don't really notice a difference in the hot dogs here then in Canada...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I hate all beef hotdogs. If I want beef, I'll get steak. I like the crappy butts/lips/hoof filler hot dogs. With lots of sauteed onions.

I (L) hot dogs. Hubby hates them.

I don't use condiments now that I'm married?? :lol::lol: I'm splitting a gut here! :lol:

I LOVE hotdogs. I prefer them over hamburgers. Gene likes them, but he prefers brats. St. Louis is a HUGE brat place!!!!! I love mustard and onions on them, that's it.

I used to eat them in Canada all the time. THEN I used to include Cheez Whiz on mine. Sometimes when I had a craving and no buns (only bakery or homemade buns thank you!), I would roll them in bread after nuking them in the microwave for one minute. Mmmmmmmm :lol:

Oh yes, I should add, that I ate them regularly in Canada, but only rarely here. :(

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Don't (and never did) eat hotdogs.

(as I put them on a list of desi-incompatible foods)

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Timeline
I don't use condiments now that I'm married?? :lol::lol: I'm splitting a gut here! :lol:

I LOVE hotdogs. I prefer them over hamburgers. Gene likes them, but he prefers brats. St. Louis is a HUGE brat place!!!!! I love mustard and onions on them, that's it.

I used to eat them in Canada all the time. THEN I used to include Cheez Whiz on mine. Sometimes when I had a craving and no buns (only bakery or homemade buns thank you!), I would roll them in bread after nuking them in the microwave for one minute. Mmmmmmmm :lol:

Oh yes, I should add, that I ate them regularly in Canada, but only rarely here. :(

Sounds disgustingly good.

I love CheezWhiz on my hotdogs, Trail was lacking in the option department so I selected cheese instead :)

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.