Sharon

SNOWSTORM CHECK!!

145 posts in this topic

Has anyone gotten hit yet?

Let's make this the snowstorm check-in thread, those in this snowstorm's path can state where they are and what the weather there is like at that moment. And hey a pic or two would be great too!

Stay warm and safe!

7:10 a.m. in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia and there is a very very fine snow just beginning to fall. I've never actually seen snow like this despite having lived in Canada all my life haha it's almost like a misty snow....neat. Just a dusting on the ground at this time. No wind and my outddoor thermometer says its 29 degrees.

I have to go up to the barn in about 10 minutes to feed and water the cows before the storm really hits so I'll take pics, ok? Won't be much to see at this point tho...

smilie_s.gifsmilie_h.gifsmilie_a.gifsmilie_r.gifsmilie_o.gifsmilie_n.gif

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away"

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

LOL, oh, sure!! NOT YET! I am in Washington DC right now getting packed to return to Dallas. I have a few hours before my flight so will be doing some touristing stuff (was here for a training class all week). They are saying that the worst will be starting later today but right now there is nothing. I've got my fingers and toes crossed that my flight doesn't get delayed at National . . . well, at least not too long . . . I want to be home tonight in my own bed. I like DC but it is time to go!!

I like the idea of seeing snow . . . from the airplane as I leave!!!! OK, so I don't have the cold weather gear that the ppl living here have. But the temp is not really so bad right now and hasn't been really too bad all week . . . but it could get worse.

No camera to take pix though so i hope you get some good ones!

OH, WAIT!!! the weather guys just said that "light snow" has been spotted in the area . . . .

Edited by cbarrosmostafa

JAN 11, COLUMBUS OH, 7:46AM - Having spent the darkness of the night pretending to work in my cubicle, I awaken from my "boy this is an odd position to sleep in" slumber and notice that it is looking to be a sunny morning. Well, I will feel totally bummed if we don't get at least 4 inches of whitey. After all, my wife has seen a tad bit snow last month (her first time), but I want her to REALLY experience a good showing of a snowstorm! Oh, well ... blame the upper atmospheric winds for never blowing the right way when the good stuff comes along!

JAN 11, COLUMBUS OH, 7:46AM - Having spent the darkness of the night pretending to work in my cubicle, I awaken from my "boy this is an odd position to sleep in" slumber and notice that it is looking to be a sunny morning. Well, I will feel totally bummed if we don't get at least 4 inches of whitey. After all, my wife has seen a tad bit snow last month (her first time), but I want her to REALLY experience a good showing of a snowstorm! Oh, well ... blame the upper atmospheric winds for never blowing the right way when the good stuff comes along!

That's probably because it's still JANUARY where you are. :D

Check your post....lol. ;)

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away"

That's probably because it's still JANUARY where you are. :D

Check your post....lol. ;)

AHHH! COLD SHIVERS! Brain Freeze! Thats what happens when you work 12 hour shifts on the weekend!

so, um, thanks, but it is too late for me to edit.

<boy, that sure ruined the whole crappy try at being funny>

oh, and in my defense, i did JUST WAKE UP!!! yeah, that's it!

Edited by mr4422

First pics I took coming back from the barn about 8 a.m....

Looking down our driveway. As you can see....just a dusting.

1000383r1ze.jpg

The cows don't seem bothered any by what's coming...lol. They still have a good appetite.

1000389r9zs.jpg

I thought since I wasn't going anywhere today, that a good indicator of how much snow we're getting would be a pic of the top of my van haha...barely anything now...

1000391r1rn.jpg

I came to the UK for 3 weeks to escape the VT winter as they're usually brutal. We don't see the ground until late April. It's been colder here in London than VT for most of my trip. It even flippin snowed in London 2 weeks ago. Now temps have dropped dramatically in VT (it was minus 15F Thurs morn), and the snow is moving back in...just in time for my return next week :(

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

Filed: Timeline
LOL, oh, sure!! NOT YET! I am in Washington DC right now getting packed to return to Dallas. I have a few hours before my flight so will be doing some touristing stuff (was here for a training class all week). They are saying that the worst will be starting later today but right now there is nothing. I've got my fingers and toes crossed that my flight doesn't get delayed at National . . . well, at least not too long . . . I want to be home tonight in my own bed. I like DC but it is time to go!!

I like the idea of seeing snow . . . from the airplane as I leave!!!! OK, so I don't have the cold weather gear that the ppl living here have. But the temp is not really so bad right now and hasn't been really too bad all week . . . but it could get worse.

No camera to take pix though so i hope you get some good ones!

OH, WAIT!!! the weather guys just said that "light snow" has been spotted in the area . . . .

well, my flight got cancelled but I managed to get booked on an earlier flight (I LOOOOOOOOOVE flight notification msgs on my cell phone since it got to me much earlier than I would have thought about trying to check . . . although i did logon to the airlines website to get updated info) . . . so no more reports on snow from me . . . gotta get out ahead of the flight delays. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE, don't let this flight get cancelled or I am stuck in DC!!!! LOL, I think it is early enough to avoid that . . . well, I HOPE!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sharon, I was just up inthe blue ridge mountains a few weeks back!! Nice area, think we were at Reva va!! Drove up to look ay Siberian cats.

Raining now here in Arlington va (stones throw from DC) Saying anywhere from 4-12 inches. Bring on the snow!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

They said maybe an inch this evening in Morristown, NJ and another 2 inches into tomorrow (and colder). Nothing yet, so I'm heading out for an oil change before it starts :rolleyes:

*Karen -- Jamaica ....... Courtney -- New Jersey*

09-12-05 - AOS filed

04-21-06 - AOS Interview

04-27-06 - Approval

05-17-06 - Green Card in hand

02-11-08 - File to remove conditions

03-15-08 - Biometrics

03-18-09 - Approved - No interview (Card production ordered)

03-24-09 - 10-year card arrives!

adaf8672.gif

JimminiCricket.jpg

New Jersey here,,,,a light cloud covering, can see blue in parts the sun looks like it want to peek through!

Will let you knows how it goes,,,I don't think I will see bits of blue for long

The long and winding road,,,,,,

03/03/04 - I-129F received at VSC

08/03/04 - Date of NOA1

24/04/04 - Approval online email (46 day35 Business day

28/04/04 - Received NOA2 by mail

03/05/04 - NVC fowards petition to London Embassy

14/05/04 - Received Packet 3

26/05/04 - Received Packet 4

01/06/04 - Interview @ London Embassy

01/06/04 - WAS APPROVED FOR VISA!

02/06/04 - Passport inclusive of visa delivered

13/06/04 - Here in the US of A!

31/07/04 - Officially engaged!

28/08/04 - Married

30/08/04 - Filed AOS, EAD, sent via Fed-Ex

02/09/04 - Applied for SSN in married name

10/09/04 - SSN arrives

08/09/04 - NOA for EAD & AOS

30/09/04 - Biometics & Fingerprinting Appointment

10/11/04 - Received approval via email for EAD

13/11/04 - Very happily blessed in Florida with Family present - special day!

16/11/04 - EAD arrives in post

01/03/05 - Posted AP

24/03/05 - NOA1 of AP

20/05/05 - Advance Parole arrived

19/09/05 - Case transferred to CSC

08/11/05 - Approved for AOS at CSC

12/11/05 - Welcome to america letter arrives!

15/11/05 - Green Card Arrives

REMOVE CONDITIONS

07/08/07 - Applied to Vermont for 2 years conditions removed I-751

22/08/07 - Check cashed

23/08/07 - Received I-797 Notice of action in post

04/09/07 - NOA Date

02/10/07 - Biometrics

02/10/07 - Touched- checked at 6:45 PM

03/10/07 - Touched

28/03/08 - Received Email - 10 Year green card approved

CITIZENSHIP

11/08/08 - Sent N-400 application to become a citizen to VERMONT

16/08/08 - Cheque cashed by Vermont

18/08/08 - NOA1 N-400

17/09/08 - Biometrics

09/12/08 - Interview and oath taken at newark

DONE!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I'm in central Illinois and it began snowing here last night, and is snowing a bit again this morning. I didn't have to listen to the weather forecast...it always snows on my birthday :crying: but not much accumulation yet (less than an inch so far).

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Its just rainy here....we've heard that we might get snow showers, but no accumulation. Which if it did stay on the ground I would hope that it would be gone by Monday....don't want to miss anymore school. Nor my flight on Tuesday :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn