JanaknJanet

fashion of the 90's

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hi all .. some of you may know that my daughter has been doing some extra work in the movies.. last one was Twilight..

well this afternoon we were notified that she wsa chosen to be in another movie.. right now it is a shoot for a yearbook layout for a scene.. the yearbook time period it 1994. the director has not given full disclosure on what is required for her to wear. However, she was told not to have anything modern.. that the dress is of 1994 era.

The movie is the new Harrison Ford movie.. Crowley..Crowley is based on the book The Cure: How a Father Raised $100 Million--And Bucked the Medical Establishment--In a Quest to Save His Children by Geeta Anand.

Harrison Ford has already been announced as the star and producer of Crowley, based on the true story of the Crowley family, whose two children suffered from a rare genetic disorder (as Elisabeth R. kindly informed us last June). Ford is set to play a medical researcher, and now Brendan Fraser (AKA Rick O'Connell in Mummy 3: Tomb of the Dragon and other Mummy movies) is apparently ready to play the title role, according to Production Weekly, as reported by Coming Soon.

The movie is based on The Cure, a book by Wall Street Journal writer Geeta Anand. Crowley quit his job and started a biotechnology company so he could find scientists that could help keep his children alive. It sounds like a fascinating story, but, frankly, it's hard to imagine Fraser doing the role justice. The only time he's hinted at deeper reservoirs was in The Quiet American; other than that, it's been almost entirely light comedies and adventures

Crowley movie info

Anyhow.. what I am looking for.. is..

Suggestions on dress fashion of the 90's.. we are awaiting more information but for now. this is what they gave.. in a criptic way.. of what i can disclose..

heheh.. Role Notes IF YOU ARE BOOKED, THIS WILL BE A STILL SHOOT FOR SOME YEARBOOK PHOTOS USED IN THE FILM. THE YEARBOOKS ARE FROM APPROX. 1994, SO YOU WILL BE ASKED BRING APPROPRIATE CLOTHES (IE, NOTHING TOO MODERN). ALTHOUGH YOU WILL PROBABLY ONLY BE NEEDED FRI 3/27, WE WANT TO CHECK AVAIL FOR MON 3/30 AS WELL IN CASE THE SCHEDULE CHANGES.....

Wardrobe .

Notes CONGRATULATIONS! WE WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT YOU HAVE BEEN SELECTED TO BE PART OF THE STILL SHOOT FOR THE YEARBOOK PHOTOS USED IN THE FILM. WE DO NOT HAVE ANY DETAILS AS TO TIME/LOCATION/WARDROBE BUT WE WILL GET BACK TO YOU AS SOON AS WE DO (MAY NOT BE UNTIL THURSDAY NIGHT). PLEASE KEEP FRIDAY COMPLETELY OPEN AND AVAILABLE!.

ok ok . so because we may not know till Thursday night of the requrements... filming is Friday augh.. I want to have a idea kinda ahead of time..

All I can think of is.. Flanel shirts.. doc martin shoes.. .. remember.. she is a 16 yr old girl.. being photod for yearbook shot.. not sure if it is still shot photo or .. candid yearbook shots.. . hmmmm will be rather interesting.. and exciting..

Love isn't love unless it is expressed;

caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;

sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included

It depends on the part of the country and your clique but for a girl, I'd say baby doll sundress, tights, and dr. marten boots. For better ideas I'd check out movies like Singles and/or Reality Bites.

love1.jpg

My heart belongs to you!

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
It depends on the part of the country and your clique but for a girl, I'd say baby doll sundress, tights, and dr. marten boots. For better ideas I'd check out movies like Singles and/or Reality Bites.

OHHHh yes.. Babydoll and tights.. .. I think a trip to the thrift store is called for.... hmmm .. maybe a look in my other daughters closet for some time piece items... she was in high school in 94/95.

Geographical area.. the movie is being filmed here in Portland Oregon... .. sundress might be too cold.. .. weather here damp wet rainy and cold.. hahah.

I will check out the movies.. thanks... ..

Love isn't love unless it is expressed;

caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;

sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Some more useful information can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990s_in_fashion

Sounds like lots of fun!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

OHHHh yes.. Babydoll and tights.. .. I think a trip to the thrift store is called for.... hmmm .. maybe a look in my other daughters closet for some time piece items... she was in high school in 94/95.

Geographical area.. the movie is being filmed here in Portland Oregon... .. sundress might be too cold.. .. weather here damp wet rainy and cold.. hahah.

I will check out the movies.. thanks... ..

I did a quick search and found this page. Don't know if it helps.

Winona Ryder and Janeane Garofalo in Reality Bites: http://www.bleachblack.com/?p=2305

Bridget Fonda in Singles: http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/06...__singles_l.jpg

By the way, Singles is set in Seattle. Not Portland Oregon, of course, but still the Pacific Northwest.

Edited by EasyRider

love1.jpg

My heart belongs to you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I used to wear lots of long floral dresses that were very feminine but paired with heavy army style boots a lot in the 90's. Lots of time thin strapped dresses paired with long sleeve tight shirts (called segunda pele in Brasil, meaning they were like a skin tight transparent blouse that went under other stuff).

035.jpg

No, I did not wear them solo without a bra. :lol:

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.