minimule

can anyone help ?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello there,

we received our noa1 feb-11,

but my fiance didn t send a copy of every page of his passport, just the main pages,

and my stupid self, answer the question 'how did u met' on a separete piece of paper, adding that i wanted to marry him as soon as i get my fiancee visa, but

i just realized i should send a letter of intent , stating i was legal to marry and within 90 days of my entry to the us,and because of me, he did exactly the same thing

so im pretty sure we re gonna get a REF, my question is, can i just send them all that stuff now, to save us some time (all the copies of the passport and letters )

im so stressed out because i know it allready takes so long without any problems

thanks for yall time

been dating since june 1st 2007

dec-08 -officially engaged,i went back to France to apply for k1

2-11-09:noa1

3-06-09:My angel is visiting me

3-16-09:my angel is going back to the states

6-06-09: received NOA 2 HARDCOPY!!!!! ( notice date:-05-29-09)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hello there,

but my fiance didn t send a copy of every page of his passport, just the main pages,

and my stupid self, answer the question 'how did u met' on a separete piece of paper, adding that i wanted to marry him as soon as i get my fiancee visa, but

i just realized i should send a letter of intent , stating i was legal to marry and within 90 days of my entry to the us,and because of me, he did exactly the same thing

so im pretty sure we re gonna get a REF, my question is, can i just send them all that stuff now, to save us some time (all the copies of the passport and letters )

im so stressed out because i know it allready takes so long without any problems

thanks for yall time

NO, Wait til they send u RFE.

If u send it now , It could even delay more.

Timeline

OoOo ok thanks! i hope it doesn t slow everything down 2 much

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

all passport pages are not required, just the main one with the pic and information + any VISA stamp pages, that letter you wrote is fine don't worry about it. just make sure you have a letter of intent for the interview.... i doubt that you will get an RFE.. Good Luck!

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Hello there,

(Is he the non-US citizen? if so, there was no need for his complete passport)

so im pretty sure we re gonna get a REF

(sort of confused here, he included a additional sheet to add to the I-129f for this question? They may take that declaration as your intent, but you will probably get a RFE.)

, my question is, can i just send them all that stuff now, to save us some time (all the copies of the passport and letters )

No - wait till they say something, they may not ask for any info. However, use this time to get the letter of intent, signed and dated, (original), and prepare if they do so.

Example is listed in the guides above for the K-1

thanks for yall time

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

all passport pages are not required, just the main one with the pic and information + any VISA stamp pages, that letter you wrote is fine don't worry about it. just make sure you have a letter of intent for the interview.... i doubt that you will get an RFE.. Good Luck!

All pages are required if the USC is using it for proof of citizenship.

D. In place of any of the above, you may give USCIS a copy of your valid, unexpired U.S. passport issued with a validity period of at least five years. You must submit copies of all pages in the passport.

Posting in case anyone using it for proof of citizenship sees this info :thumbs:

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

how would blank pages of the passport prove citizenship? the bio page + any VISA stamp pages should suffice...

The instructions state : "D. You must submit copies of all pages in the passport." Doesn't mean to skip "blank pages"

I didn't make up the instructions. Some people make it through with what you suggest, but some get RFE for not following the instructions.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
how would blank pages of the passport prove citizenship? the bio page + any VISA stamp pages should suffice...

The blank pages of the passport do not show citizenship, as you have stated. BUT, it is a requirment of the USCIS that if you are using your passport as evidence of your US citizenship (as opposed to your birth certificate) that you have to have all pages! What the USCIS says they need, we provide! No questions asked! :) They give you the option of supplying your passport or birth certificate and if you choose passport, you have to include copies of all pages.

They want to see where you have been I guess. And the only why that they can see all of the stamps is if you include all the pages, stamped and blank.

As for me, I included a copy of my birth certificate and then a copy of my passport pages that showed relevent stamps to visit my fiancee. Therefore, my birth certificate was there for citizenship reasons and my passport was there to help prove meeting within 2 years.

You might not get an RFE, or you might not! But for now, try not to worry about it and just get all of the documents that you need in order in case they do send it in! That way, if you get it in the mail, you can mail it back the next day!

Good luck!

Edited by Marina-Del

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 25, 2013 --Qualified for Citizenship!

October 12, 2017 --Electronically filed

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

October 31, 2017 --Biometrics Appointment -ATL

ROC

April 5, 2012 --Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

May 21, 2012 --Biometric Appointment at ATL office

December 12, 2012 --10 year Green Card in hand

DCF Process

October 10, 2009 --Married in São Paulo

January 14, 2010 --Filed I-130 at São Paulo Consulate for DCF

May 17, 2010 --VISA IN HAND!

June 24, 2010 --POE in Atlanta

Timeline

The instructions state : "D. You must submit copies of all pages in the passport." Doesn't mean to skip "blank pages"

I didn't make up the instructions. Some people make it through with what you suggest, but some get RFE for not following the instructions.

i see :whistle:

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Timeline

he sent an original long version birth certificate as well as the main page of his passport

and to answer the question how did u meet, we both explained how we met, and that we wanted to get married but on the same page and we didnt mention within 90 days of my arrival in the states or that we are free to marry:

Timeline

as long as he sent his birth certicate then you don't have to worry about the passport issue...

Edited by HelloWorld08
UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
he sent an original long version birth certificate as well as the main page of his passport

and to answer the question how did u meet, we both explained how we met, and that we wanted to get married but on the same page and we didnt mention within 90 days of my arrival in the states or that we are free to marry:

Just don't freak out! :) Everything will be okay! The example letter of intent here on VJ is just that, an example. Lots of people get approved for K-1 visas without ever knowing that VJ exists! Most likely it will not be an issue that you included the letters of intent on the same page. However, it might be! And they do research to make sure the both of you are free to marry! Even if you stated that you are free to marry, you *could* be lying.

Just keep in mind that the examples here on VJ, while they have been tested and proved worthy, are just examples. Again, if the two of you are in different countries right now, it might be a good idea to go ahead and get your fiancee in France to write another letter of intent (using the VJ example) and have him/her sign it and mail it to you, just so you have it, JUST in case! And if you don't need it, you'll have only wasted a Euro or two on shipping!

Even if someone does everything exactly as it is outlined here, we can never know what will happen once our application gets there! Some people make little mistakes and NEVER get an RFE and others make the same mistakes and might even get more than one RFE! Just hang in there and be prepared for whatever comes!

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 25, 2013 --Qualified for Citizenship!

October 12, 2017 --Electronically filed

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

October 31, 2017 --Biometrics Appointment -ATL

ROC

April 5, 2012 --Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

May 21, 2012 --Biometric Appointment at ATL office

December 12, 2012 --10 year Green Card in hand

DCF Process

October 10, 2009 --Married in São Paulo

January 14, 2010 --Filed I-130 at São Paulo Consulate for DCF

May 17, 2010 --VISA IN HAND!

June 24, 2010 --POE in Atlanta

Timeline

THANKS, he was in france for 10 days actually and just left 2 days ago and i didn t think of it til today :whistle: , but i wrote a letter of intent and mailed it earlier in case they ask for it...

Ah - so he is the USC?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.