Norm and Missy

My fiance's daughter

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi all,

I am just starting the process to bring my fiance to the USA from Brazil via a K1 visa... I am using all the resources on this web page for information and guidance, but I have not been able to find details regarding what is necessary to include my fiance's 16-year old daughter in the approval process.

In addition to the steps outlined on this web page for the K1 application, is there any additional forms or information required to include my fiance's daughter in the visa request?

Any details you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Dec. 28, 2009... NOA 1

Dec. 31, 2009... Touched

May 12, 2010... Nice guy at the USCIS mercifully sent a Service Request to the VSC to inquire about our petition

May 27, 2010... Received an e-mail stating that the VSC received the Service Request. Unfortunately, the e-mail also states that the processing time for service requests is 3 MONTHS!!

June 28, 2010... Heard from my senator that the USCIS is going to send me a RFE on July 1 asking for a certified copy of my birth certificate. Why do they have to wait until July 1 to ask for this??

July 13, 2010... Received an e-mail from the VSC explaining the delay in processing our petition. Apparently, the USCIS had put on hold all petitions from US citizens born with Puerto Rican birth certificates (like me). On July 1, USCIS headquarters finally gave clearance for these petitions to be processed.

July 26, 2010... Touch

July 27, 2010... Received text message and e-mail stating that our petition was approved on July 26!! We finally received our NOA 2!!

July 31, 2010... NVC received our approved petition

August 2, 2010... Received paper copy of our NOA2

August 4, 2010... Received letter from NVC confirming receipt of our approved petition

August 13, 2010... US embassy in Brazil received the approved petition

August 23, 2010... Missuzu received Packet 3/4

October 19, 2010... Interview... VISA APPROVED!!!

November 4, 2010... Missuzu received her passport with visa

December 27, 2010... POE... Houston, Texas

December 28, 2010... We got married!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

For the initial petition stage all you need is to make sure you include your fiance's daughter in Part B # 13 on the I-129F

Good luck with your journey :star:

Our K1 Journey Timeline

06.00.1998 - Met Online

12.22.2008 - I-129F received by VSC

12.22.2008 - NOA1 issued

04.08.2009 - NOA2 in 107 days - Igors List #174

04.14.2009 - NVC sent to Consulate in South Africa

04.29.2009 - Consulate received

05.04.2009 - Packet #3 received

05.08.2009 - Packet #4 received

05.14.2009 - Medical - Passed

06.22.2009 - Interview - APPROVED

06.29.2009 - Visa in hand

08.06.2009 - POE - Boston

08.22.2009 - Returned to South Africa

NOTE: Unmarried children of your fiancé(e) or spouse who are under 21 years of age and listed on this form will be eligible to apply to accompany your fiancé(e) or spouse.

You will need a G-325 also for the child. (Photos also)

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
NOTE: Unmarried children of your fiancé(e) or spouse who are under 21 years of age and listed on this form will be eligible to apply to accompany your fiancé(e) or spouse.

Where is this requirement?

According to the instructions:

Submit a completed and signed Form G-325A (Biographic Information) for you and a completed and signed Form G-325A for your fiancé(e). Except for name and signature, you do not have to repeat on the Biographic Information form the information given on your Form I-129F.

YMMV

I made a mistake, i meant for that to say Fiancee when I quoted the form.

thanks for the catch. :oops:

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Where is this requirement?

According to the instructions:

Submit a completed and signed Form G-325A (Biographic Information) for you and a completed and signed Form G-325A for your fiancé(e). Except for name and signature, you do not have to repeat on the Biographic Information form the information given on your Form I-129F.

I too agree to disagree. There is no mention of anything for the child other than listing on the I-129F. Now I do know there will be duplicate forms required for each at the interview step later.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hi all,

I am just starting the process to bring my fiance to the USA from Brazil via a K1 visa... I am using all the resources on this web page for information and guidance, but I have not been able to find details regarding what is necessary to include my fiance's 16-year old daughter in the approval process.

In addition to the steps outlined on this web page for the K1 application, is there any additional forms or information required to include my fiance's daughter in the visa request?

Any details you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Agquarters,

At the Rio Consulate website, you can get all the info you need. Fiancee visa forms

The daughter has to be added in the original I-129F petition and she will have a K2 visa. As she is 16, she will also need the other forms at the time of interview:

2 passport photos, visa fee, 2 DS-156 forms, DS 157 - which says for those over 16, so I'm not sure about this one, form FS-257a, medical exames...

As for the police certificates I reckon she would have to provide that also.

Check the embassy website and take a look.

You can also contact them by email with your questions - takes a while, but they do reply back - Immigration, Rio - immigrationrio@state.gov

Good luck!

Edited by Precious

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Naturalization approved: 04-02-2013

Oath ceremony: 04-24-2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Not for the I-129f. Only a 325a for the fiancee. Listing them on the I-129f is all you need to do now. When the petition is approved you will apply for a K-2 visa at the interview. Be aware, she is 16, it means she will need to have a police certificate and be present for the interview. Depending on the country, she may not need the "absent parent" letter. Many countries exempt children over 16 from this requirement

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.