edmagenta5

I am sooo SAD right now.. Sorry I know we are Why ask for Affidavit of Support to pass againalmost there,.This waiting is just so upsetting!!! Help!!!

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

just want to share to everyone how I am having a hard time about this petition.. every single day I wake up not seeing my husband beside me,.Just want everyone to know, I haven't seen him for 9months now.. It just saddens me very much... I have been here summer, Fall, Winter, and now it is upcoming Spring.... I know, we are almost there, my husband already finished his interview and he was given the 221g white slip.. It's so hard to wait... I hope he will get his visa soon..

Here is the scope: My brother petitioned his fiance and used my parents as co-sponsors but they didn't look for that during her interview they asked for my bother's affidavit instead and his job was above the poverty line. Both are living with us in the same household.

My aunt and uncle got here through working visa and using the same address but I have no idea if they used my parents as co-sponsors I don't know but they use the address here at home.

Now, there are 10 people living in our household right now.. Which is what kept me thinking why are they asking for Affidavit of Support again after the interview..I know we already passed that in NVC...

I am sooo upset right now!!!!

ticker.png

ticker.png

Hi,

just want to share to everyone how I am having a hard time about this petition.. every single day I wake up not seeing my husband beside me,.Just want everyone to know, I haven't seen him for 9months now.. It just saddens me very much... I have been here summer, Fall, Winter, and now it is upcoming Spring.... I know, we are almost there, my husband already finished his interview and he was given the 221g white slip.. It's so hard to wait... I hope he will get his visa soon..

Here is the scope: My brother petitioned his fiance and used my parents as co-sponsors but they didn't look for that during her interview they asked for my bother's affidavit instead and his job was above the poverty line. Both are living with us in the same household.

My aunt and uncle got here through working visa and using the same address but I have no idea if they used my parents as co-sponsors I don't know but they use the address here at home.

Now, there are 10 people living in our household right now.. Which is what kept me thinking why are they asking for Affidavit of Support again after the interview..I know we already passed that in NVC...

Im so sorry your upset. We will all prey he gets the visa soon. Soon this difficult time will pass, and happy times ahead of you and him.

Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Timeline

Thank yOu ParisHeart...Good luck in your journey...

Its just the opposite of what I felt before, I was so happy and upbeat when he had his interview.. and I was still upbeat even though he got a white slip (221g) they asked for additional documents... And he will be going tomorrow to USEM to pass the additional documents then we will see from there wait for his visa hopefully...

Hi,

Im so sorry your upset. We will all prey he gets the visa soon. Soon this difficult time will pass, and happy times ahead of you and him.

Paris Heart

Right now.. I am not feeling any exitement...as in to response... This petition has taught me to be NUMB...

Its just the opposite of what I felt before, I was so happy and upbeat when he had his interview.. and I was still upbeat even though he got a white slip (221g) they asked for additional documents... And he will be going tomorrow to USEM to pass the additional documents then we will see from there wait for his visa hopefully...

Hi,

Paris Heart

ticker.png

ticker.png

Hi,

Paris Heart

See Sweetie, its not over with!!!!! Try to cheer up, it will work out. Let us know how it goes. Good luck and please smile. :energy: Frowning gives you lines.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi,

Paris Heart

See Sweetie, its not over with!!!!! Try to cheer up, it will work out. Let us know how it goes. Good luck and please smile. :energy: Frowning gives you lines.

no need at al to be upset about it

ALOT of ppl i have seen were asked more documents and specially W-2 and affdavits of support to be provided again by even the beneficiary ....normal procedures

please dont be upset or panic and cheer up ,,u r almost there

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

dhumanmagenta5.

Don't worry too much, everything will be okay with you. Just keep up with your positive character. I wish you the best of luck, we all very stressful like you. you not alone.

I-130 Journey

USCIS

06-15-2008 : Marriage

08-16-2008 : I-130 Sent

08-18-2008 : I-130 Received

08-22-2008 : I-130 NOA1

02-02-2009 : I-130 NOA2 Approved 164 days from NOA1

NVC

02-04-2009 : Visited my wife for 2 weeks. 02-22-2009 come back to US

02-11-2009 : Received package from NVC

02-23-2009 : AOS Paid $70 (Online)

02-23-2009 : DS-3032 sent (by email)

02-25-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (AOS)

03-04-2009 : NVC has received the Choice of Agent DS-3032 (Online)

03-04-2009 : IV Application Processing Fees $400 (Online)

03-05-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (IV APS)

03-07-2009 : DS-230, and I-864 Sent (by USPS)

03-12-2009 : USPS confirm arrived at NVC for DS-230, & I-864

03-13-2009 : NVC received DS-230, & I-864 (Case in progress)

03-20-2009 : NVC case completed in 1 week NVC completed 03-20-2009.

04-02-2009 : NVC Left to HCM city

04-22-2009 : Medical Passed

05-12-2009 : Received a package IV from HCM Consulate by email

05-18-2009 : My wife got Pink.. yeah..

05-26-2009 : Visa received

06-18-2009 : US Entry!!! Yeah, my wife finally here.

06-29-2009 : Received SSN from snail mail

07-20-2009 : Green card received by mail

09-15-2009 : Writting test from DVM.

11-03-2009 : Driving Test.

01-20-2010 : Working.

04-20-2011 : Submit I751

04-26-2011 : Received I-797 NOA with Receipt Number

05-11-2011 : Received ASC Appointment Notice

06-03-2011 : Biometrics Apts @ 11:00 AM

10-11-2011 : Submit more evidence.

How many people are sponsors vs beneficiary's? Maybe that is why they are requesting the information.

Plus, why would your brother use your parents for co-sponsors if he makes more than the poverty level? Is he financially responsible for others in the house?

If your parents sponsored your aunt/uncle, and now your brother is using them to sponsor, that is a lot of people...

Edited by Bobby_Umit

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Agreed, there are a lot of people in the household. Clearly chart out who is sponsoring who, and you will see where the issue is.

The Journey Home
04/27/2009 - POE at JFK (Quick and Easy!!!!)
05/07/2009 - Applied for SSN
05/09/2009 - Welcome Letter Received
05/14/2009 - SSN Received
05/11/2009 - GC Production Ordered
06/12/2009 - GC Production Ordered (AGAIN ?!?!?!)
06/19/2009 - Alien Registration Approval notice email
06/22/2009 - 2 Year Green Card Received!!!!!!

Naturalization
02/06/2013 - Application Sent
02/13/2013 - NOA (Priority Date Feb 8th)
02/13/2013 - Biometrics Appt. Letter Received
02/21/2013 - Early Bio Appt. (Original March 15th)
02/26/2013 - Place Inline for Interview

04/24/2013 - Interview scheduled

05/31/2013 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

XX/XX/2013 - Oath Ceremony

Hi....hang in there after this difficulties i know God will shed light to us....its been 2 weeks now but still we dont have our visa yet, sometimes i felt stressed out and worrying but I know that GOD loves us so much that He has a perfect plan for us....Keep your faith we're almost there.

ishom

dont worry, just give them whatever theyre asking for as soon as you can and everything will be done.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

I agree with queuedup and Bobby_Umit.

Anyway, it seems if the pre-screener or consul officer finds something insufficient with the papers sent to NVC, they will ask for it during the interview. It's just that one would think once NVC finds a case complete, everything should go smoothly in the interview.

During my interview, I was asked for some "attachments" (which I'm guessing would be the more recent tax forms, since my initial joint sponsor sent one from 2006). However, I couldn't provide one. But I prepared another joint sponsor for the interview who had everything ready, in anticipation of something like that (good thing I did), and the consul accepted it (keep in mind that we never submitted any of the other joint sponsor tax forms to NVC).

As soon as your husband submits what is asked and the consul officer finds it sufficient, your husband will be granted his visa. Just make sure that everything he will be submitting tomorrow is complete to avoid further delays with his visa approval.

It took me and my husband almost 2 years to get the visa. I didn't see him for a year, and it was a really difficult time for both of us. There are others here who haven't seen their partners longer. I feel for you and your pain.

Focus on the finish line, you are almost there. Stay strong and good luck!

Feelicks <3 Neenuh

04.23.07 sent I-130 packet

04.25.07 USPS confirmed I-130 packet delivered

05.18.07 money order cashed

08.09.07 received NOA1

09.23.07 received NOA2

10.23.07 received I-864 AOS fee

12.14.07 received I-864 AOS instructions

12.15.07 mailed DS-3032

01.04.08 received IV fee

02.15.08 mailed I-864 AOS packet

02.15.08 mailed money order for IV fee

03.03.08 received IV packet

04.09.08 received I-864 AOS RFE

07.19.08 mailed I-864 RFE documents

12.19.08 mailed IV packet

01.02.09 case completed at the NVC

02.24.09 NVC interview packet arrived

02.25.09 SLEC medical DAY 1

02.27.09 SLEC medical DAY 2

03.02.09 SLEC medical DAY 3 PASSED!

03.05.09 USEM interview @ 6:30am APPROVED!

03.07.09 visas in hand

04.20.09 Arrived at SFO

05.05.09 Received SSN

Timeline

Thanks Neenuh :) good luck on your journey..and welcome to u.s.a.

I agree with queuedup and Bobby_Umit.

Anyway, it seems if the pre-screener or consul officer finds something insufficient with the papers sent to NVC, they will ask for it during the interview. It's just that one would think once NVC finds a case complete, everything should go smoothly in the interview.

During my interview, I was asked for some "attachments" (which I'm guessing would be the more recent tax forms, since my initial joint sponsor sent one from 2006). However, I couldn't provide one. But I prepared another joint sponsor for the interview who had everything ready, in anticipation of something like that (good thing I did), and the consul accepted it (keep in mind that we never submitted any of the other joint sponsor tax forms to NVC).

As soon as your husband submits what is asked and the consul officer finds it sufficient, your husband will be granted his visa. Just make sure that everything he will be submitting tomorrow is complete to avoid further delays with his visa approval.

It took me and my husband almost 2 years to get the visa. I didn't see him for a year, and it was a really difficult time for both of us. There are others here who haven't seen their partners longer. I feel for you and your pain.

Focus on the finish line, you are almost there. Stay strong and good luck!

ticker.png

ticker.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.