SanDan

Scandinavians

4,816 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

OK I see. I assume my passport and the documents will be in different envelopes... right?

It will all come in a rekommenderat letter. The letter they had u put ur address on. The documents will be in its own envelope inside that letter.

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Oh OK. That makes sense.

Thanks btw, to all of you. This community in general and the Scandinavian thread specifically, has meant a lot to me. :wub:

And don't worry, I'm going to stick around. ;) Gotta cheer you people on who don't have your visa yet. :thumbs:

Marriage : June 30, 2011

I-130 Sent : November 26, 2011

I-130 NOA1 : December 2, 2011

I-130 Approved : May 2, 2012

NVC Received : May 14, 2012

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : June 1, 2012

Pay I-864 Bill : June 5, 2012

Return Completed DS-3032 : June 1, 2012

Pay IV Bill : June 7, 2012

Case Completed at NVC : July 2, 2012

Interview Date : September 28, 2012

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : October 3, 2012

US Entry : December 23, 2012

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 301 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

- - - - -

Swedish-American Midsummer

My wedding day - the best day of my life

Mr. Borkström @ Wordpress.com

Timeline

Congratulations Mr. Borkström!!!! When will you be flying out? Be sure to stock up on time with friends and family, it'll be easier now that the stress and wait for the Visa are over. Soon you will be with your wife, dancing on rainbows and cloud nine, yay!!! That feeling is unbeatable (L)

Thank you so much. I am not sure when I'm heading over. I have one last thing I need to do before I can move, which is to sell my apartment (and pack up whatever I want to bring and get rid of the rest of course). I am sure I will be in Pittsburgh before the end of the year. My wife is hoping I will be there in time for Thanksgiving, and so do I, and that does not feel completely unlikely. We'll see what happens, but hopefully soon. I'm glad though that our visa application was approved, that felt like the last real hurdle so to speak, or in other words, that was what this whole process has been leading up to and the ultimate requirement I needed to meet to be granted the opportunity to go live with the woman I love. I am very humble and thankful that I have been granted this wish by the American authorities.

I spent most of today with my parents. We celebrated my approval by getting smörgåstårta. I told mom all about my big day in Stockholm and we feasted on the delicious food. My mom is genuinely happy for me and my wife and that means a lot to me. She is, after all, my mother. She's already planning her and dad's first visit btw. lol I have a cousin who studies at a college in NYC and our plan is for a bunch of relatives to come over for his graduation in May, and for me and my wife to meet them all in New York, and then my parents will head back to Pittsburgh for a visit.

After the delicious lunch my dad and I watched soccer and golf on television. It's funny how timing can work out sometimes. My dad and I are both fans of the English soccer team Tottenham Hotspurs. At the beginning of this season, they acquired a new player from another English soccer team; American midfielder Clint Dempsey. Well, tonight Dempsey scored his first goal for Tottenham which turned out to be the winning goal when Tottenham got their first away win over Manchester United since 1989. And the goal was scored by an American. :D So, yeah, I just thought the timing of that was kinda funny. ^_^

After the soccer game we had dinner and then I headed back home. It's been a good weekend - the best in recent memory. I really do cherish the time I get to spend with my family (I also got to spend a good deal of time with my brother in Stockholm and his family Thursday/Friday). It's actually a little funny because in a way I feel closer to them now than I have maybe ever felt before. I'm sure there are logical explanations for that.

Aight. I'll leave it at that for now. I don't want to bore you all to death. I just can't help myself, this has been a tremendously important week or two for me. I am just so happy and relieved that I was approved. Such a wonderful feeling. :dancing:

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

- - - - -

Timeline

OK, I submitted my review of the embassy.

It feels weird. I remember very distinctly back when I first signed up here on VJ and I read a lot of reviews of the Stockholm embassy, and it all seemed so distant, so far away in the future. Now that I have come all the way to the point were our visa application has been approved, it all feels kind of surreal.

I talked about that with my mom yesterday and she feels the same way. We think it has a lot to do with the fact that when the process, the journey, when it starts, you know you're in for a long, long wait, and you don't know exactly when it will all be over. So get you used to people asking what's going on and you get used to telling them "I don't know, we're still waiting". And after all this time has passed, for me at least, I think it will take a little while before I'll get used to not having to tell people I don't know how long before I get my visa. I don't know if any of you whose applications have been approved, if you agree, but that's how I feel. I think it will take a while before it sinks in. I am very, very happy and very relieved of course... but I often catch myself feeling amazed that it's over. It's over.

By the way... In my timeline, it says: "Your I-130 was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date. Your interview took 301 days from your I-130 NOA1 date."

- - - - -

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Thank you so much. I am not sure when I'm heading over. I have one last thing I need to do before I can move, which is to sell my apartment (and pack up whatever I want to bring and get rid of the rest of course). I am sure I will be in Pittsburgh before the end of the year. My wife is hoping I will be there in time for Thanksgiving, and so do I, and that does not feel completely unlikely. We'll see what happens, but hopefully soon. I'm glad though that our visa application was approved, that felt like the last real hurdle so to speak, or in other words, that was what this whole process has been leading up to and the ultimate requirement I needed to meet to be granted the opportunity to go live with the woman I love. I am very humble and thankful that I have been granted this wish by the American authorities.

I spent most of today with my parents. We celebrated my approval by getting smörgåstårta. I told mom all about my big day in Stockholm and we feasted on the delicious food. My mom is genuinely happy for me and my wife and that means a lot to me. She is, after all, my mother. She's already planning her and dad's first visit btw. lol I have a cousin who studies at a college in NYC and our plan is for a bunch of relatives to come over for his graduation in May, and for me and my wife to meet them all in New York, and then my parents will head back to Pittsburgh for a visit.

After the delicious lunch my dad and I watched soccer and golf on television. It's funny how timing can work out sometimes. My dad and I are both fans of the English soccer team Tottenham Hotspurs. At the beginning of this season, they acquired a new player from another English soccer team; American midfielder Clint Dempsey. Well, tonight Dempsey scored his first goal for Tottenham which turned out to be the winning goal when Tottenham got their first away win over Manchester United since 1989. And the goal was scored by an American. :D So, yeah, I just thought the timing of that was kinda funny. ^_^

After the soccer game we had dinner and then I headed back home. It's been a good weekend - the best in recent memory. I really do cherish the time I get to spend with my family (I also got to spend a good deal of time with my brother in Stockholm and his family Thursday/Friday). It's actually a little funny because in a way I feel closer to them now than I have maybe ever felt before. I'm sure there are logical explanations for that.

Aight. I'll leave it at that for now. I don't want to bore you all to death. I just can't help myself, this has been a tremendously important week or two for me. I am just so happy and relieved that I was approved. Such a wonderful feeling. :dancing:

So great to read! And we really do need to have that special time with family before we leave. I'm trying to fill my time with friends and family, they are all sad. Yes, I'm sad to but still so freaking happy that all of this is almost over!!! And I can finally be with my love fulltime :dance:

K-1

Feb.14 2012: Mailed I-129F

Aug.14 2012: NOA2!! (179 days)

Oct.4 2012: Interview! Approved!

Oct.12 2012: Visa in hand

Dec.02 2012: POE

AOS

March 9 2013 AOS packet sent

March 18 2013 NOA1

April 1 2013 Biometrics done (appointment April 11)

May 25 2013 EAD/AP received

Timeline

OK, I submitted my review of the embassy.

It feels weird. I remember very distinctly back when I first signed up here on VJ and I read a lot of reviews of the Stockholm embassy, and it all seemed so distant, so far away in the future. Now that I have come all the way to the point were our visa application has been approved, it all feels kind of surreal.

I talked about that with my mom yesterday and she feels the same way. We think it has a lot to do with the fact that when the process, the journey, when it starts, you know you're in for a long, long wait, and you don't know exactly when it will all be over. So get you used to people asking what's going on and you get used to telling them "I don't know, we're still waiting". And after all this time has passed, for me at least, I think it will take a little while before I'll get used to not having to tell people I don't know how long before I get my visa. I don't know if any of you whose applications have been approved, if you agree, but that's how I feel. I think it will take a while before it sinks in. I am very, very happy and very relieved of course... but I often catch myself feeling amazed that it's over. It's over.

By the way... In my timeline, it says: "Your I-130 was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date. Your interview took 301 days from your I-130 NOA1 date."

Can't wait to have that feeling! Though it feels like it's all coming to an end and I can't believe my interview is in 2 days! Wow. Flying in to Stockholm tomorrow and hope to enjoy the day before the interview there:)

(If you see someone sipping champagne around lunchtime in Stockholm Thursday, it might be me! If all goes well of course!)

Edited by MissK

K-1

AOS

March 18 2013 NOA1

Timeline

Hehe, that's what I said to my brother too when he asked what my plans were after the interview. I said I would either go somewhere and have a glass of champagne, or go drown myself. I never actually did get champagne - which is OK cause I very rarely drink and I don't like champagne anyway; I don't like the taste and even half a glass gives me a headache - but I definitely didn't have to find an open body of water either. ;)

Good luck at the interview. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :thumbs:

Edited by Mr. Borkström

- - - - -

Timeline

Hehe, that's what I said to my brother too when he asked what my plans were after the interview. I said I would either go somewhere and have a glass of champagne, or go drown myself. I never actually did get champagne - which is OK cause I very rarely drink and I don't like champagne anyway; I don't like the taste and even half a glass gives me a headache - but I definitely didn't have to find an open body of water either. ;)

Good luck at the interview. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :thumbs:

He he I never drink champagne either, it just seems appropriate for the occation! :yes:

K-1

AOS

March 18 2013 NOA1

Filed: Timeline

He he I never drink champagne either, it just seems appropriate for the occation! :yes:

If my visa is approved, God willing lol, I plan to go to the first place in Stockholm where I can sit down, and order the largest beer glas they have (what's a good Swedish beer?).

Just returned from a wonderful month in Hawaii with my wife. I'm in LA for a week now visiting my family and my in-laws. It's ironic, I'm so close to the USCIS field office here in LA, and my wife's work is a 10 - 15 min walk from the USCIS field office in Honolulu.. But I need a trip to Stockholm for the interview :bonk: I'm not complaining though, today I finally got my interview scheduled! November 13th - 3 days before my 27th birthday! :dance:

Edited by jaejayC

Timeline

Wonderful news! I'm very happy for you. You'll do great at the interview! Fingers crossed. :thumbs:

- - - - -

Timeline

A note in the mail saying I have a package to retrieve? Hmm. Interesting.

- - - - -

Well, well, well, what do we have here? Doesn't this big brown envelope look familiar? "The United States of America Official Business". Hmm. That address, looks like my handwriting. Wonder what might be inside?

Lookie here. Another envelope that says "Do Not Open". And a plastic folder with a bunch of papers in it. Oh cool, the marriage certificate. Hmm. Now I know I've seen this before. Can it be? Yes, it's my passport.

Ah! So this is what a US immigrant visa looks like. Aw, how cute. An image of Abraham Lincoln. Howdy partner, maybe I'll see you soon.

:dance:

- - - - -

Timeline

Back from Sweden and my interview. APPROVED!!!

Such a relief and I had a great experience at the interview.

My appointment was at 9 am, but we were there at 8.20. Security went fast. Then I had to turn my papers (affidavit of support, police certificate and birth certificates) in at one window. I had forgotten to fill out a form for my son so I had to do that and in this time she started with another couple to get their papers. She had also marked some of the papers I had filled out and not put N/A on so had to do that.She asked my son if he was looking forward to moving and he said yes. She then asked: " But what does your girlfriend think" and he replied "I don't have one." She then gave me an envelope to put name and adress on and all the stamps. So this whole process took about 30 minutes. Then we sat down to wait about 30 minutes before I was called to a different window.

The lady (blond american) barely looked at my son and told him he could sit back down. I had to raise my hand and take the oath and fingerprints. I signed a form I had previously filled out and then she asked me all about four questions:

1. You have your son with your fiance?

2. Your son is not a US citizen?

3. How did you meet? How did it start?

4. Why haven't you married a long time ago? (we have been together forever, I explained part of our story)

And that was it. While all of this was going on she noted something on a piece of paper and something on the computer. Then she clapped the folder togheter and said I was approved and told me good luck with my new life in the US! I was stunned it was so fast. I got teary eyed and tried to rush out of there fast so I wouldn't cry in front of the whole waiting area ha ha. My son kept asking, but where is the interview? Well, we are done! This was it!

So surreal! But very very happy:) :dance:

(and by the way, no champagne but a glass of white wine did the job!)

If my visa is approved, God willing lol, I plan to go to the first place in Stockholm where I can sit down, and order the largest beer glas they have (what's a good Swedish beer?).

Just returned from a wonderful month in Hawaii with my wife. I'm in LA for a week now visiting my family and my in-laws. It's ironic, I'm so close to the USCIS field office here in LA, and my wife's work is a 10 - 15 min walk from the USCIS field office in Honolulu.. But I need a trip to Stockholm for the interview :bonk: I'm not complaining though, today I finally got my interview scheduled! November 13th - 3 days before my 27th birthday! :dance:

Congratulations on your interview date! Almost there now:)

A note in the mail saying I have a package to retrieve? Hmm. Interesting.

- - - - -

Well, well, well, what do we have here? Doesn't this big brown envelope look familiar? "The United States of America Official Business". Hmm. That address, looks like my handwriting. Wonder what might be inside?

Lookie here. Another envelope that says "Do Not Open". And a plastic folder with a bunch of papers in it. Oh cool, the marriage certificate. Hmm. Now I know I've seen this before. Can it be? Yes, it's my passport.

Ah! So this is what a US immigrant visa looks like. Aw, how cute. An image of Abraham Lincoln. Howdy partner, maybe I'll see you soon.

:dance:

Wow, that was fast! I think she said I would get my passport back in two weeks, but that part is a little hazy... :blink:

K-1

AOS

March 18 2013 NOA1

Timeline

Back from Sweden and my interview. APPROVED!!!

Congratulations. I am very happy for you. :) I thought about you this morning. I was keeping my fingers crossed. :thumbs:

She asked my son if he was looking forward to moving and he said yes. She then asked: " But what does your girlfriend think" and he replied "I don't have one."

Aw lol :D

The lady (blond american) barely looked at my son and told him he could sit back down.

Did she have short hair or long hair? If she had short hair it may have been the same person who interviewed me.

And that was it. While all of this was going on she noted something on a piece of paper and something on the computer. Then she clapped the folder togheter and said I was approved and told me good luck with my new life in the US! I was stunned it was so fast. I got teary eyed and tried to rush out of there fast so I wouldn't cry in front of the whole waiting area ha ha. My son kept asking, but where is the interview? Well, we are done! This was it!

I know. I was the same way. I remember when she told me I was approved, I got totally stunned and I could feel myself tearing up. I looked at her and I thought "she must think I'm the biggest sap in this silly little country". lol

So surreal! But very very happy:) :dance:

(and by the way, no champagne but a glass of white wine did the job!)

Wonderful news. I am very happy for you. :thumbs:

Wow, that was fast! I think she said I would get my passport back in two weeks, but that part is a little hazy... :blink:

I know, that's what I was told too. Probably typical bureaucratic talk to cover their own behinds. Hopefully you will get it much sooner than two weeks. Should only be an extra day or two for it to get to you in Denmark.

Again, congratulations. Great feeling, ain't it? :dancing:

- - - - -

Filed: Timeline

So to all of you who have interviewed in Stockholm, how many of you have seen the APPROVED stamp on your file before the CO told you that you were approved?

I've heard rumors on VJ (in the reviews section) that Stockholm is known to approve many obvious cases before the interview and that the interview is mostly just a formality?

Just asking.. Walking up to the window and seeing APPROVED on my file before the interviewer even greets me would calm my nerves tremendously lol :lol:

Edited by jaejayC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.