SanDan

Scandinavians

4,816 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I got an email with all the info about the medical in Gothenburg and the cost says 2800:- and that includes the x-ray and blood tests. I don't think it includes any shots though but I won't need any anyway.

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

5700 kr in total for medical + vaccine + blood test + X-ray.

I am not sure about what payment methods they accept. I used my debit card.

That is ridiculous how much they charged you... It would basicly be cheaper if I went to Gothenburg and spent a night in a hotell and did the medical...Wow

Edited by linafinn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

That is ridiculous how much they charged you... It would basicly be cheaper if I went to Gothenburg and spent a night in a hotell and did the medical...Wow

I think it depends on if you need any shots. The medical itself is "only" 3300:- in Stockholm, and then another 500:- for the x-rays. Not sure about the blood tests.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I´m freaking out!! In the e-mail I received from the embassy it says: "All Immigrant Visa applicants residing in Sweden have to register their Swedish address on our website and choose their visa pick-up location, before coming to the Embassy. Please visit: http://cdn.ustraveldocs.com/se/se-iv-documentdelivery.asp for information. "

When I tried to do this I got an error notice and had to contact the embassy. They fixed the problem and gave me a password to use. I signed in and filled out all the information needed. When I clicked continue I got ANOTHER error notice that the personal details match a profile that already exists in their database and it also said what username that was. It was really similar to my e-mail adress but it wasn´t mine and I´ve never been on that site before. Sent another e-mail to the embassy but still no answer. My interview is in 11 days and I have to register online before my inteview.... :cry: I don´t know what to do. What if this will delay everything even more and I´ve already got it expedited because of my husbands medical issues...

I´m freaking out!! In the e-mail I received from the embassy it says: "All Immigrant Visa applicants residing in Sweden have to register their Swedish address on our website and choose their visa pick-up location, before coming to the Embassy. Please visit: http://cdn.ustraveldocs.com/se/se-iv-documentdelivery.asp for information. "

When I tried to do this I got an error notice and had to contact the embassy. They fixed the problem and gave me a password to use. I signed in and filled out all the information needed. When I clicked continue I got ANOTHER error notice that the personal details match a profile that already exists in their database and it also said what username that was. It was really similar to my e-mail adress but it wasn´t mine and I´ve never been on that site before. Sent another e-mail to the embassy but still no answer. My interview is in 11 days and I have to register online before my inteview.... :cry: I don´t know what to do. What if this will delay everything even more and I´ve already got it expedited because of my husbands medical issues...

Well this is new..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Apparently there was a duplicate account with my personal details but with another e-mail adress. The only difference in my email and the other account was one letter. And i have never used that page before or rhat e-mail so i knew it wasn't me. The embassy answered me yesterday and said that they had deleted the duplicate account and to try register again. It finally worked so I'm happy. But I'm so confused over that duplicate account... How can that even happen?... Oh well, all is good.

Timeline

I dont know if this is a stupid question, but does my fiance have to pick me up at the airport after I enter the US on a K1 visa?

I was thinking of surprising him at home. Are you allowed to do that?

Edited by linafinn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I dont know if this is a stupid question, but does my fiance have to pick me up at the airport after I enter the US on a K1 visa?

As far as I know they have never checked if someone is actually picking up a K1 fiance at the airport :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I don't see why it would be an issue. A lot of people POE at one airport and continue on to another...

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

Yeah the POE is gonna be in Seattle where he lives. I just wasnt sure whether he has to be there , if they need to talk to him or something haha to make sure that its not a scheme :P

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Yeah the POE is gonna be in Seattle where he lives. I just wasnt sure whether he has to be there , if they need to talk to him or something haha to make sure that its not a scheme :P

Nope you are free to supprise him :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

They never asked to see my Fiancé, my POE was actually easier than when I'd come on vacation; less questions and was faster!

Timeline

This makes me so happy!!!! Cant wait to see the look on his face, I hope he cries :'D because I know I will lol (from joy obviously)

Edited by linafinn

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hello Scandis,

Me and my fiance are collecting documents for our I-130 Evidence of Bona Fide Marriage and I have read that we should transcripts from IM conversations.

How many pages is it necessary to provide; what is preferable screenshots or just text logs? (My phone and my browser keep crashing whenever I try to scroll back to whatsapp conversations from 2013 so it's difficult to take screenshots.)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.