SanDan

Scandinavians

4,816 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Agreed! I decided not to chance it, and just brought a very small purse that basically only held my credit card, my phone (decided to bring it for easy access to bus tickets through the app) and my keys. The purse was allowed in, the phone and keys were left with the security guards. I'd bought a thicker plastic document folder for all my documents, and it worked just fine - though it should be said that it didn't rain at all.

I was really lucky too: really nice warm day and I only brought folder, car keys and my fitbit. Car keys and fitbit got to stay with the guards. But if it rains...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

For those who recently had their interviews in Stockholm...

How large of a bag can one bring to the embassy (to hold paperwork)? I've seen on the embassy website that luggage and electronics are not allowed. I'm wondering if a brief case/messenger bag or small backpack would be allowed inside?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. :secret:

Thanks! :star:

I brought a tote bag with a plastic folder with all the paperwork. A bit easier to lug around than just the folder itself, but not big enough to cause any problems. Plus it's easy to show the guards that there's nothing else in it. Good luck!

Entered on a K1 Visa, now a proud holder of a ten-year Green Card!

K1

NOA 1: 2013-08-05

NOA 2: 2013-10-03

Interview: 2013-11-14 (Approved right away!)

US Entry: 2013-12-28

AOS

NOA 1: 2014-03-14

Interview waived!

Green Card approved: 2015-01-21

ROC

NOA 1: 2016-10-25

Interview waived!

Green Card approved: 2017-09-18

Timeline

So happy I really felt like sharing it! Booked my flight today! :D I had initially decided to go back July 14 but it was more convenient to back on July 13. Will fly with Icelandiar from Copenhagen because they are the only one (or among the very few) who allow two free checked bags :) Will arrive a bit later than I wanted 7:10PM but who cares, I'll soon be with Seve and that's all that matters <3

So happy I really felt like sharing it! Booked my flight today! :D I had initially decided to go back July 14 but it was more convenient to back on July 13. Will fly with Icelandiar from Copenhagen because they are the only one (or among the very few) who allow two free checked bags :) Will arrive a bit later than I wanted 7:10PM but who cares, I'll soon be with Seve and that's all that matters <3

Yay! :D It's a wonderful feeling, isn't it, knowing when you'll be with him again? :)

Timeline

Yay! :D It's a wonderful feeling, isn't it, knowing when you'll be with him again? :)

Yes, it is an awesome feeling :) During the whole process you don't really have an idea when you'll see each other next but now I finally have a date set for when I get to see him again :) I miss him, our apartment, my bicycle... It will be awesome to be back :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Hi guys! :D

I'm in the process of sending in my application, and I just want to verify that what I will be sending in is accurate...

Long story short...

- I (Norwegian citizen) married US citizen in July 2013 in Norway

- I am currently in the US under VWP

- Previously lived in Norway with spouse for one year (Jan 2014-Feb 2015) (Norwegian family immigration)

- Did not intend to stay here. We were both going to work in our respective home countries for a year or two to save up money, but plans changed.

I've gathered that I need to send in:

i-130

i-485

i-864
i-864a (for me, using my self employed income to meet income requirement)

2x G-325A (one for me, one for US spouse)

2x (separate) checks for i-130 and i-485

+ accompanying documents, passport style photos, birth/marriage certificates, tax papers etc. Feel free to list everything you sent in so I can match my pile with yours.

Where I'm not so sure is:

i-693 (did not have any medical appointments in the US yet. I've heard they just RFE you for these later? I thought the medical exam would be part of the biometrics appointment. I do however have an up to date vaccination certificate, but I think I'll wait for the RFE to send this)

i-765 (I am self employed and will not be getting a US employer, but if filing this with everything else means no extra fee, should I just do it anyway?)

Things proving bona fide marriage? Do we have to submit pictures of us together along with these documents, or can this wait for the interview? We did a quick and painless city hall ceremony and do not actually have "wedding photos" per se, but we do have other photos of us together of course.

I also assume ignore filling in anything in "A-number" fields, as I have no such alien number.

Anything else I'm missing?

Excuse the long post :)

Edited by jjkkbb

03-16-2015: Entered the US under VWP

06-05-2015: Concurrent filing I-130 and I-485

06-11-2015: Notification of receipt

06-19-2015: NoA Biometrics appointment notice

07-06-2015: Biometrics appointment

08-11-2015: NoA Interview date + I-693 needed

08-28-2015: Full medical for I-693
09-14-2015: Interview (Approved - IR-6!!)

09-21-2015: Welcome Letter received

09-22-2015: Permanent Resident Card in hand!

Timeline

Yay! How wonderful.

Married 2001, conditional resident 2003, permanent resident 2005.Left U.S 2012, abandoned green card 2013.Applied I-130 Nov 2014, approved Dec 2014. DS260 13th Apr 2015. Docs sent 27 Apr. Scan date May 1. Case complete June 4!Interview July 14th, rescheduled to Oct 20th.  Applied for N400 on November 6th, 2018. I'm the immigrant :)

Timeline

Have anyone of you filled out the APIS for your home travel? I am so unbelievably confused and I have never had a problem with this before. I don't know if it's because I woke up way too early this morning or if Icelandair is just using google translate for everything on their webpage...

I'm filling in my visa info and the wording for one thing they ask for is so weird. In Swedish it says "gällande land" and in English is Applicable Country. I have no idea if this means what country I am from (which I've already stated) or if they want to know for what country I have the visa which is the US which I feel is self explanatory since as far as I know US is the only country requiring APIS? Or am I completely wrong?

Have anyone of you filled out the APIS for your home travel? I am so unbelievably confused and I have never had a problem with this before. I don't know if it's because I woke up way too early this morning or if Icelandair is just using google translate for everything on their webpage...

I'm filling in my visa info and the wording for one thing they ask for is so weird. In Swedish it says "gällande land" and in English is Applicable Country. I have no idea if this means what country I am from (which I've already stated) or if they want to know for what country I have the visa which is the US which I feel is self explanatory since as far as I know US is the only country requiring APIS? Or am I completely wrong?

I wasn't confused about this, but now I am! Did you add both your passport and your K1 visa as travel documents? I've only ever traveled on the VWP before, so I've never done anything beyond the "basic" API.

I would assume that if the country they're asking for is under the visa info, it's the country that your visa is valid for. When I go to add a visa as a travel document, the corresponding field (I assume) is "Gyldig for land/Valid for country". The KLM website says that "several countries" require APIs.

Not sure if that helps at all, but at least we're in this together. :)

Timeline

I wasn't confused about this, but now I am! Did you add both your passport and your K1 visa as travel documents? I've only ever traveled on the VWP before, so I've never done anything beyond the "basic" API.

I would assume that if the country they're asking for is under the visa info, it's the country that your visa is valid for. When I go to add a visa as a travel document, the corresponding field (I assume) is "Gyldig for land/Valid for country". The KLM website says that "several countries" require APIs.

Not sure if that helps at all, but at least we're in this together. :)

Yeah I've filled out APIS twice before and I have never been confused. But I seriously suspect that Icelandair uses Google Translate because it didn't make sense in English or Swedish :P But if several countries use it then it HAS to be the US because I already told them that I have a Swedish passport. Thank you for making me less confused!! And sorry for making you confused ;)

Edited by Maria&Seve

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Thanks to everyone for all of the helpful replies regarding what can be taken into the embassy in Stockholm. Much appreciated. :thumbs:

USCIS

26/09/2014 - Mailed I-130
30/09/2014 - I-130 delivered
01/10/2014 - Received at Chicago Lockbox
03/10/2014 - NOA1
06/10/2014 - NOA1 Email
13/10/2014 - NOA1 by mail

17/11/2014 - Petition Approved!

18/11/2014 - NOA2 Email

24/11/2014 - NOA2 by mail

NVC

06/12/2014 - Case received at NVC

13/01/2015 - NVC Case number assigned (38 days)

14/01/2015 - NVC Welcome email received

15/01/2015 - AOS fee paid

15/01/2015 - DS-261 completed

21/01/2015 - AOS/IV documents mailed

03/02/2015 - Documents delivered/NVC scan date

05/02/2015 - 'Documents received' email (review > 60 days)

26/02/2015 - IV fee invoiced (42 days after DS-261 completed)

27/02/2015 - IV fee paid

02/03/2015 - IV fee processed/DS-260 available

07/03/2015 - DS-260 completed

18/03/2015 - Case Completed at NVC (43 days after scan date)

25/03/2015 - Case Complete email received

26/03/2015 - Interview(P4) email received (dated 25/3)

Post-NVC

30/03/2015 - Visa Status: Case in Transit to Consular Section

31/03/2015 - Visa Status: Ready

10/04/2015 - Appointment Notice email from U.S. Embassy in Stockholm

19/05/2015 - Interview: approved

>>> CEAC visa status updates: 19/05-Ready, 20/05-Administrative Processing, 21/05-Issued

26/05/2015 - Visa received

29/07/2015 - POE

>>> I-90 journey for name error begun 09/09/2015: 15/09-NOA1, 08/10- Biometrics appointment, 26/08/2016 Corrected Green Card received

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys! :D

I'm in the process of sending in my application, and I just want to verify that what I will be sending in is accurate...

Welcome!

Theres a section called guides along the top that can walk you through step by step. (very helpful). Just a general FYI- Your post is more suited for general immigration section as its about the general process and forms. This thread is more like a running regional thread on a variety of topics. (dont worry youll figure it all out) Its not a big deal posting it here and I dont think it needs to be moved unless it snowballs into wanting to ask alot alot of questions- then you can click on the report button at the bottom of your initial post and ask a mod to move it for you okay?

Here is the link for the guide you want for adjusting when you are both in the US -->

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide2

A few notes- you do need the medical, you do send you proof of relationship, you dont send the 864a, you are included in the 864 (the 864 is the tricky form so if you need help with that it may be worth making this a separate thread!) You can and should write one check. You must fill out the work permit to work, It doesnt matter if you will work for yourself or for others. Work is work and you need the authorization for it.

Its all in the guide.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hi guys! I have a question. My fiances employees letter is dated in april, since we asked for it there after we got our NOA2. My interview isnt till 16 days from now. Is the employee letter too old for the interview? I dont know if his work wants to send another personal one regarding his employment etc. Just didnt think about back then if the date for all this interview documents would get "old".. ? Also, we dont have any pay stubs from his work all feb and march cause his work was on strike back then. What is your guys experience with the affidavit of support at the interview? Have a great day guys! :-) Camilla

Timeline

Hi guys! I have a question. My fiances employees letter is dated in april, since we asked for it there after we got our NOA2. My interview isnt till 16 days from now. Is the employee letter too old for the interview? I dont know if his work wants to send another personal one regarding his employment etc. Just didnt think about back then if the date for all this interview documents would get "old".. ? Also, we dont have any pay stubs from his work all feb and march cause his work was on strike back then. What is your guys experience with the affidavit of support at the interview? Have a great day guys! :-) Camilla

You should be fine. I don't know how thoroughly they actually looked through it during the time I waited for my interview but when I handed them my documents all they seemed to look at was the total amount on the affidavit as well as looking at the signature. Considering they didn't comment on the fact that my fiance had written VS instead of VA under state and Muskingum (a county in Ohio where he was born) under country I don't think they're picky...

If they would ask just say the company was on strike, I'm sure they'll just look at the bigger picture.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.