SanDan

Scandinavians

4,816 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Yes i do,

I assume it is just a personal letter like this (one from each of us)

Please let me know if this is what they need or if i misunderstood it?

============================================

I Niels <lastname>, fully intend to marry Kandie <lastname> upon arriving to the US on the K1 VISA.

We have talked about it for so long, and it can not come soon enough, for our lives and our adventure to begin together, I love Kandie....... <more personal stuff here>

Signature here...

-----------------------------------------------------

Niels <lastname>

============================================

Also does the 1800 kr include the x-ray/scans? :-)

Kindly

Niels&Kandie

Ahh yes, i will look into that thank you :-)

Just add within 90 days of my arrival/ his arrival

No it does not the 500 for the x-Ray you will pay directly to the x-Ray place. It's a 5 min walk from the medical

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Just add within 90 days of my arrival/ his arrival

No it does not the 500 for the x-Ray you will pay directly to the x-Ray place. It's a 5 min walk from the medical

I have added it, thank you so much :-)

Ahh i see okay, good to know, i am trying to compile a list of prices for everything to make an assessment of how much we need.

I will post it here on the forum when done, maybe it can help someone else :-)

Timeline

I have added it, thank you so much :-)

Ahh i see okay, good to know, i am trying to compile a list of prices for everything to make an assessment of how much we need.

I will post it here on the forum when done, maybe it can help someone else :-)

That list can be used for the Danes yes other wise it's different from country to country :)

We got ticket for two to Stockholm for 1200kr it's not that expensive :) of course the hotel too but there are places very close by that are not so expensive. It's a train ride from the airport don't know the price yet but i can tell you once I'm done.

All that personal stuff on that intent to marry is not needed I can send you a example of one you can just fill in and print out when I get home.

Edited by Georgia16

Timeline

That list can be used for the Danes yes other wise it's different from country to country :)

We got ticket for two to Stockholm for 1200kr it's not that expensive :) of course the hotel too but there are places very close by that are not so expensive. It's a train ride from the airport don't know the price yet but i can tell you once I'm done.

Yes true ;)

Ahh not too bad no :-)

yes thank you that would be awesome ;)

Timeline

Yes true ;)

Ahh not too bad no :-)

yes thank you that would be awesome ;)

Here's the intent to marry, all the personal stuff you don't need to write they won't read that part anyway.

The just the address, date and sign

Letter of intent to marry.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I, XXX, do hereby state that I am legally able and willing to marry XXXXX, and intent to do so within 90 days of my arrival into the US using the K-1 visa.

Timeline

Here's the intent to marry, all the personal stuff you don't need to write they won't read that part anyway.

The just the address, date and sign

Letter of intent to marry.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I, XXX, do hereby state that I am legally able and willing to marry XXXXX, and intent to do so within 90 days of my arrival into the US using the K-1 visa.

Ahh thankyou .-)

I will change it a bit ;)

Timeline

Just out of curiosity, has anyone else brought a cat (or animal) with them to the US? :-)

I have a cat, and she has been my little furbaby since i got her 9 years ago. And we have been through everything together, and of course she will come to the US as well ;)

I am going to go see my vet here in a few days to ask about it, but i was just wondering if anyone else had tried it before? :-)

Kindly,

Niels&Kandie

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

You've been there one month already... feels good eh? I can't wait!! :)

Yes, feels great to be here. Still getting used to things but had a pretty smooth transition so far. :)

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Yes, feels great to be here. Still getting used to things but had a pretty smooth transition so far. :)

Nice,..glad things are going well for you!

04/28/2008 Met online/Facebook

09/18/2008 Visited for the first time :luv:(L)

09/18/2015 Got married (L)(L)

USCIS

11/17/2015 I-130 filed

11/23/2015 NoA 1 received

03/15/2016 RFE requested

03/22/2016 RFE hard copy received (request for original divorce decree from 1991)

05/09/2016 RFE received at Texas Service Center

05/19/2016 NOA 2 (I-130 approved by USCIS)

NVC

06/07/2016 NVC received

06/22/2016 NVC case number assigned

06/23/2016 NVC welcome letter by e-mail/AOS bill

06/27/2016 D-261 submitted (choice of agent)

07/09/2016 AOS bill paid

07/19/2016 IV bill paid

07/21/2016 IV application submitted

07/26/2016 AOS and supporting documents sent

07/29/2016 IV and AOS scan date

08/29/2016 Case Completed at NVC

Consulate

09/13/2016 Interview letter received

10/04/2016 Medical exam

10/24/2016 Interview - Approved

10/31/2016 Visa in hand

USA

11/11/2016 POE Detroit

12/01/2016 I have a job!! Because of DHS mess up with my name, I will start my new job in January.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Can you have both an American and a Swedish driver's license? Or will the Swedish government not be okay with that if you're no longer living in Sweden?

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline

Can you have both an American and a Swedish driver's license? Or will the Swedish government not be okay with that if you're no longer living in Sweden?

Think you would be fine. We are allowed to keep ours so don't think it much different for Swedes :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

You can have both. Your American drivers license is not valid in Sweden if you have a valid driver's license. If you don't have s valid Swedish license your American is valid for use as a tourist.

That was the weird answer I got from trafikverket when I asked about using an American license because mine is not valid anymore.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

But we're allowed to renew our Swedish license then I hope? That should be something one can do when coming here to visit if possible. Getting a new Swedish license doesn't require much.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

But we're allowed to renew our Swedish license then I hope? That should be something one can do when coming here to visit if possible. Getting a new Swedish license doesn't require much.

Yes you can of course renew it. You can renew it in Sweden and the US. You can also order it in Sweden and have them send it to a Swedish embassy in the states.

But if you, like me, think it's a total waste of money to renew a license I only use 1 or 2 times a year it sounds like it's fine to use your American license if the Swedish one is expired.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.