SanDan

Scandinavians

4,816 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Yes i had my interview in November last year and i went back to Norway without my passport. I only had my bank card with my information on it but i didn't have to show anything when i got back. So you should be okay with your ID

Thanks, nice to know :-) This process entails so many causes of stress ;-)

Yes i had my interview in November last year and i went back to Norway without my passport. I only had my bank card with my information on it but i didn't have to show anything when i got back. So you should be okay with your ID

Thanks, nice to know :-) This process entails so many causes of stress ;-)

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

You had to send in a proof of name change? Didn't all your supporting documents come in your new name?

No, you can pay the immigration fee before or after entering the US. But if you wait to pay the fee until you've entered the US, it might slow it down a bit. It says the green card will be issued within 60 days of entering the US, unless you wait to pay the green card fee, in which case the 60 days start once you've paid the fee so...

Yes, I had to get my name change document translated. I bet it wouldn't have been an issue had I left out that it even existed(the proof of name change) . So yes, sometimes even if you bring everything they ask for, you might have to send in supporting documents ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

THIS IS HOW MY LAST LETTER FROM THEM LOOKS LIKE:

Dear Sir,

You are welcome. Due to the earlier appointment date, we have not had time to send the appointment notice after reviewing your documents. We will require an updated Affidavit of Support I-864 from your petitioner, where she enters her intended U.S. address, as well as submits a letter as to why she did not file taxes in the U.S. (or submits her tax return for the most recent taxable year). Note that the current income in Part 6 must be only U.S. income.

Unfortunately, we will also require an updated I-864 from the joint sponsor (where he selects “I am the only joint sponsor”). As we require the original form with the handwritten signature by the sponsor, the whole form needs to be refilled and sent to us (or forwarded from you).

We also require your original Danish birth certificate, the English version with an original stamp and signature, as well as original documents and original English translations of all other required documents (Marriage certificate, military service record, etc).

Please confirm if you still wish your earlier appointment (if so, you will need to send in the required updates after the interview). See the checklist below.

make sure to bring all below listed documents (original and copies) to your appointment, we will not be able to finalize your application unless you provide us with all requested documents. Also note that all documents that are not in English will need to be accompanied by an authorized translation* into English.

1. PASSPORT: A passport must be valid for travel to the United States and must have at least six months validity beyond the issuance of the date of the visa.
  1. PHOTOGRAPHS: Two identical full-face color photos. A “full face” photo is one in which the applicant is facing the camera directly. The applicant should not be looking down or to either side, and the face should cover about 50 percent of the area of the photo. It is preferable that the ears be exposed. For facial requirements, please visit: http://travel.state.gov/passport/pptphotoreq/photocomptemplate/photocomptemplate_5297.html
  1. BIRTH CERTIFICATES: Denmark: Please obtain the English version, with a stamp and original signature. One certified copy of the birth certificate of each person named in the application is required. Birth records must also be presented for all unmarried children under age 21, even if they do not wish to immigrate at this time. (If children are deceased, so state giving year of death.) The certificate must state the date and place of birth and the names of both parents. The certificate must also indicate that it is an extract from official records. If you, or any derivatives, were adopted you must submit a certified copy of the final adoption decree. If a birth certificate is unobtainable from your country of birth the following documents may be considered:
  • Supporting documents such as school/hospital records/copies of old passports etc.
  • A baptismal record stating the date and place of birth and information concerning parentage. This can only be taken into consideration providing the baptism took place shortly after the birth.
  • A notarized statement preferably from your mother giving the place and date of your birth, the names of your mother and father, and the maiden name of your mother. The document must be signed in front of a notary public.
  1. MARRIAGE CERTIFICATES: Married applicants are required to present a certified copy of their marriage certificate.

1. DIVORCE CERTIFICATE OR DEATH CERTIFICATE OF A SPOUSE: If you have ever had a marriage end through divorce or the death of your spouse, bring the original death certificate or divorce decree, as well as one photocopy. If it is any language other than English, bring a notarized English translation.
  1. POLICE CERTIFICATE: Denmark (and any other country as applicable): Please obtain the English version for immigration purposes, with an original stamp and signature. Each visa application aged 16 or over is required to submit a police certificate from the police authorities of each locality of the country of the applicant’s nationality or current residence where the applicant has resided for at least six months since attaining the age of sixteen. Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided for at least one year. A police certificate must also be obtained from the police authorities of any place where the applicant has been arrested for any reason, regardless of how long he or she lived there. Police certificates must cover the entire period of the applicant’s residence in any area. A certificate issued by the police authorities where you now reside must be of recent date when presented to the consular officer. For information on how to obtain a police certificate from a specific country, please visit: http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_3272.html
  1. COURT AND PRISON RECORDS: Persons who have been convicted of a crime must obtain a certified copy of each court record and of any prison record, regardless of the fact that they may have benefited subsequently from an amnesty, pardon, or other act of clemency.
  1. MILITARY RECORDS: A certified copy of any military record, if applicable and obtainable, is required.
  1. MEDICAL EXAMINATION: performed by one of the Embassy approved panel physicians: http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Medical/STK%20-%20Stockholm.pdf
  1. EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT: The U.S. Petitioner must submit a contractual Affidavit of Support: 1) Form I-864, (and/or I-864EZ and I-864A) on behalf of the intending immigrant. Please review www.uscis.gov to determine which form(s) apply/applies to you. The U.S. Petitioner must also submit: 2) Complete copies of the individual U.S. federal income tax return for the most recent taxable year (form 1040, W2 and 1099). Note: If the U.S. Petitioner has no current U.S. income, he/she will also need to either need to provide proof of assets or find a financial joint sponsor who completes an additional Affidavit of Support with supporting documents. Please obtain an employment letter from the joint sponsor, as proof of current annual income, as well as the paystubs for the three most recent months. The petitioner needs to kindly fill out an updated I-864, and enter her intended U.S. address (as a sponsor must have a U.S. residence). In addition, she must fill out Part 6.2 with only U.S. income (enter zero if no U.S. income). Note that the Affidavit of support forms need the original handwritten signatures by the sponsors.
  1. For all family based petitions: Please provide EVIDENCE OF ON-GOING RELATIONSHIP. Such evidence may include but is not limited to: photos, written correspondence, phone/e-mail records, and affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the relationship. Each affidavit must contain the full name and address, date and place of birth of the person making the affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner or beneficiary, if any, and complete information and details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge of your relationship. Please note that you may not bring your phone, tablet or computer to the interview. We also kindly ask all our applicants to read following pamphlet: http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Humanitarian/Battered%20Spouse,%20Children%20%26%20Parents/IMBRA%20Pamphlet%20Final%2001-07-2011%20for%20Web%20Posting.pdf
  1. REGISTRATION OF ADDRESS: All Immigrant Visa applicants residing in Sweden have to register their Swedish address on our website and choose their visa pick-up location, before coming to the Embassy. Please visit: http://cdn.ustraveldocs.com/se/se-iv-documentdelivery.asp for information. Please note that we will not be able to accept your visa application and supporting documents without proof (confirmation number) of such registration. Please make sure to print out the PDF file of the document delivery registration. Address registration of applicants residing in Norway and Denmark will be handled at the time of the interview.

*Translation Requirements

All documents not in English must be accompanied by certified translations. Please note that the applicant cannot him/herself translate the documents. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator that states that the:

Translation is accurate, and,

Translator is competent to translate.

For a list of authorized translators located in Sweden please see: http://www.kammarkollegiet.se/

If you do not speak Swedish or English you must bring a translator to your interview, your petitioner may not translate for you. For a list of authorized translators please see: http://www.kammarkollegiet.se/

For post specific instructions regarding arrival at the U.S. Embassy in Stockholm, please see: http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Supplemental/STK%20-%20Stockholm.pdf

We hope this information is useful to you. Should you require further assistance, please submit your inquiry to stkivinfo@state.gov You can also find answers to many common Immigrant Visa related questions on our web site: http://sweden.usembassy.gov/consulate/i_visa_index.html and on http://travel.state.gov

Due to high volume of cases, we strongly encourage applicants to keep their scheduled interview date. Applicants who do not appear at the appointed time can experience considerable delays.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Embassy Stockholm, Sweden

Immigrant Visa Unit

Dag Hammarskjölds Väg 31

115 89 Stockholm

OH LOOK PICTURES - https://500px.com/sorenhelmer

K3 Visa Journey (That turned out to end up being IR1)

Marriage: 2008-03-25

USCIS:
I-130 Sent: 2015-09-10
I-130 Received: 2015-10-15
NOA1 : 2015-10-18
NOA2 : 2015-10-29

NVC:
NVC Received Case (I-130): 2015-11-12
NVC Case Number Received: 2015-12-03
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 2015-12-03
Submit DS-261: 2015-12-03
Pay AOS Bill: 2015-12-04
Receive IV Bill: 2015-12-08
Pay IV Bill: 2015-12-08
Send AOS Package: 2015-12-11
Send IV Package: 2015-12-11
Scan date: someplace around Dec 21st, nvc was not really shearing.

CC: 2016-01-29
Medical Examination: 2016-01-18
Embassy Interview: 2016-03-21 - NEW DATE 2016-03-02

AP: 2016-03-02

Issued: 2016-03-08

- They asked for more papers

Issued Again: 2016-03-10

- No new must be good news :rolleyes:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I just a mail from them today as well. I mailed them Friday night so they were fast.

Just find it a bit funny they provide the link for translates in Sweden when the documents are Danish. They did that to me also but did say that I could have anyone who meets the requirement to translate them.

Hope your interview goes well! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

A lot of stuff to get before the interview. If you need to get the signed i-864 here quickly, I recommend UPS. We used their express letter option, which means they guarantee delivery within 36 hours pretty much anywhere in the world. Helped us out a couple of times. :)

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

When my husband used UPS to send me papers I needed he used the express letter option. The letter ended up in India and sat in their customs for 6 weeks!! Last year I tried it again when sending my mom some documents. That letter ended up in Saudi Arabia! When I tried to make a complaint I was told it was my own fault...

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Timeline

We just used FedEx. 3 days from sarasota. Had it before lunch.

USCIS:

NVC:

Timeline

When my husband used UPS to send me papers I needed he used the express letter option. The letter ended up in India and sat in their customs for 6 weeks!! Last year I tried it again when sending my mom some documents. That letter ended up in Saudi Arabia! When I tried to make a complaint I was told it was my own fault...

Wow, you must have been really unlucky. ? We used them three or four times all together and worked like a charm every time except once. That time the letter delivered after 36.5 hours, so 30 minutes late. UPS refunded us half the amount as compensation even though I didn't even say anything about the "delay". ?

Met online October 2010

USCIS Stage

NVC Stage

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Embassy Stage

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

Timeline

Soren, how did the interview go? Think we're all dying to hear. Kept my fingers crossed for you all morning. :)

Met online October 2010

USCIS Stage

NVC Stage

Embassy Stage

In the US

Timeline

Hi, all

So i´m now ready to share what happen at the Embassy and my Interview.

I was there 08:00 and got it 15 min after.

I was the first in line and only in line at the time.

I went to all the security stuff. WOW it´s a big Embassy!!

I came inside and went to the window, at that time i was thinking "all is fine, i have all my papers"

I was then asked for:

Passport

MC

BC his and her (And there was the problem.)

Chat log

Pictures

JS AOS and financial papers

Military Papers

Waiver of old GC

As i said, BC (My bc) was the problem, i somehow left it at home, with some other papers in a "backup" folder.

So i was told to sit back down, they looked over my papers and called me back to another window.

Here i got my fingerprints taken and was asked:

Where did you meet your wife?

Why was she in Denmark?

What does she do for living?

What will you do for living?

What about your kids?

That was it.

I was then put in AP - the 221(g) and was told they need to have the BC for them to approve my case.

The last thing i was told was that i had to mail it to them and when they got my paper, they will do my passport and mail it to my in the Envelop that i addressed to my self as the first thing after handing in papers.

Today i mailed the my BC and they will have it in hand Friday or Monday.

So that´s where i´m with the case so fare.

USCIS:

NVC:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.